Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 04:34 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbro2914 View Post
and do what? go back to apathy? vote for obama? for a carbon copy of him?
We are enthusiastic supporters because for once in our lives we see a politican who is actually honest, consistent, and is not running for his own benefit. This is a golden opportunity to make a meaningful change, and I at least am going to work hard throughout the campaign to get Paul the nomination, instead of sitting in front of the TV screen and saying "reality, Paul cant win because Ray said so..."
So, if we don't support Paul, we are apathetic. You Paul supporters sound just like the Obama supporters of 2008...

Paul doesn't have a chance for a variety of reasons that have been made clear by a variety of posters on a variety of threads. It's not because "Ray said so," it's because he's unelectable, and all the "I think he can" Paul threads on c-d are not going to change that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 04:46 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,201,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
The thing is the Media is most likely ignoring 17 of the 28 polls that have Ron Paul a LOT higher up.
ray1945 has posted links to recent (most mid October) national polls showing Ron Paul much lower than you keep claiming.

You in turn posted a yahoo search result of "More GOP Polls show Ron Paul in 1st place" where the first page is almost all old links (one near top is from 2007) or niche polling like the Conservative Political Action Conference. Do you honestly think your links to polls from earlier in the year that show Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman up top are viable to judge who is currently a front runner?

Old 10-20-2011, 04:55 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
We all have our own likes and dislikes and thoughts and feelings about each of the candidates. (And everything in life!) We're all unique individuals with "minds" and preferences of our very own...What seems to make "perfect sense" to us may or may not "make sense" to someone else...What seems "right" or "normal" to us may or may not seem "right" or "normal" to other people...And we have to accept that everyone is not going to agree with us. And accept that everyone is not going to see things "our way" in order to have "peace of mind." Otherwise it's easy to "fly off the handle" and come "all unglued" when we run into "differences."....I don't expect everyone to "see things my way." I run into people with "opposite views" all the time. This is all normal to me. I don't bring up politics or religion when I am out in public because it could lead to "heated debates" and I don't want this. And I don't want to spend my life trying to "convert others." It's pretty hopeless anyway! Most people are "set in their ways." ....Nobody likes to be around "pushy people" who try to "shove" their beliefs "down our throats." This is a big "turn-off!" It's a good way to "lose" friends!
Good that you finally admitted it at least. Its not about successful policies, its about making friends. Vote for who you think will win, not who has the best policies, right?
I'm not friendly towards people who destroy the economy, needlessly risk the lives of our military personnel on causes that have nothing to do with our national security and make us less safe.
Who needs friends like that?

It should always be about policy.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:06 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,318,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Good that you finally admitted it at least. Its not about successful policies, its about making friends. Vote for who you think will win, not who has the best policies, right?
I'm not friendly towards people who destroy the economy, needlessly risk the lives of our military personnel on causes that have nothing to do with our national security and make us less safe.

I think you missed the boat about what I was saying and meant. Oh well!

Old 10-20-2011, 07:33 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

Ron Paul always voted his principles. I can't think of a finer role model to follow.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:14 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
I just checked a second time and even the averages pf the 28 polls leave out 14%. Were those undecided or shaved off Ron Paul's or one of the other candidates numbers?

When people think of this election they need to think about BRASS TACKS and the BASICS that this country was founded on a foundation of what is SUPPOSED TO BE FREEDOM. Maybe too many of you are used to tyranny. You don't remember even what this country was like before 2001 let alone in the 1980s; 70s and 60's. I'm telling you it was MUCH BETTER back then.

We should all know by now that the government can't keep us safe. All their so called safety measures do is torment us. So let's BE DONE WITH IT already. Let's get RID of our Tyrannical Government while we still can. Let's STOP being their slaves.

If whoever you vote for was in favor of the bailouts; wants to keep the Federal Reserve going and the Patriot Act you will be voting for a continuation and WORSENING of TYRANNY.

Again, BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS. Tough BEANS if you don't like Ron Paul's mannerisms; or his supporters or one of his positions. Who else is running who would make this a FREE country again? Shouldn't LIBERTY be a TOP PRIORITY FOR ALL OF US?????At least Paul would restore LIBERTY and that is a H#LL of a lot more than you can say about any of the other GOP candidates. A vote for just about anyone else is a vote for SLAVERY a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for FREEDOM. It never ceases to amaze me how so many Americans seem perfectly ok with continuing to let the government run roughshod over them and don't seem to mind being slaves to banksters, government and big corporations.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:13 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,564 times
For all of you people who use polls to disprove Ron Paul as a contending candidate, take note that most people in the country under 30 don't own landlines anymore. That alone discredits a lot of these polls, especially ones that CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC use.

And as for the "Ron Paul only ownz the internetz" argument, that just shows he has the youth vote on lock, a voting block that's one of the most ignored (unless us youth rally around a MSM-approved candidate). We all aren't a bunch of lazy brats who only care about who's sleeping with who on the Jersey Shore and we all aren't pre-programmed Obamabots (at least not anymore).

And why is it that Ron Paul supporters are the ONLY ones criticized about being passionate for their supporter? You have people in the Bachmann and Perry camps who are still fervently giving their support, and no one bats an eye. He'll, even Santorum supporters are given less flack than Paul supporters.

Last edited by Do a Barrel Roll; 10-21-2011 at 06:31 AM..

Old 10-21-2011, 06:30 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
For all of you people who use polls to disprove Ron Paul as a contending candidate, take note that most people in the country under 30 don't own landlines anymore. That alone discredits a lot of these polls, especially ones that CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC use.
While that may account for some margin of error, a candidate polling at 6-8% isn't really popular by a 45% margin. Thinking so is true fantasy.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:45 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
I now think the polls are totally USELESS. Until I understand how they are conducted and why they don't bother to note in the poll what the missing 35 or 40% is supposed to represent, I will not be paying much attention to them and I think the American People shouldn't either.

Except for the straw polls, I have yet to find one where the numbers add up to 95% (because isn't there usually a margin of error of plus or minus 5% or maybe it should only be 2%) Showing Ron Paul at 8% when 40% hasn't even been accounted for tells us NOTHING.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:29 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,685,644 times
I think for the "Good" of ALL America....
Ron Paul should step aside for Herman Cain.

Only Herman Cain is ABLE to beat Obama... fact.
Ron Paul won't stand even a chance... only will cause more "separation" through the race card game Obama is playing.

Herman Cain can and will "UNITE" the American as one...
(making USA a stronger nation than they are now through unity).
While Obama (obviously through playing his race cards) will cause more separation of the Americans (think Mob), might even led to more discord not harmony in doing that.
Should Ron Paul run against that, it will just divide US citizens more
(weakening the nation further).

Democrats like Ron Paul or Perry... but does not like Herman Cain.
He is the "REAL" threat to their chance of winning the next elections.

Last edited by hueyeats; 10-21-2011 at 08:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections