Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 04:13 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
He has aleady answered for this bad behavior on his part. He has since then embraced Christianity, and is still with the woman he fell in love with. As I said in the op, his personal life of years ago is inconsequential to his candidacy today. He is not lying about it, or covering it up, like the Clintons did. He owned it. I'd rather have someone that's real and flawed, than a phony like Obama. Newt is a leader, you can't take that away from him.
You are VERY deceived regarding Gingrich. He married a catholic cultish....who is a subtle, very dangerous person. Newt is sharp on politics....and that's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 04:14 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
There would be all sorts of issues about poor judgement and such. Also, Newt comes off as arrogant and condescending. He is amusing in these debates but his broad appeal overall just isn't there. Women, in particular, don't care for him.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Women, in particular, don't care for him.
Wonder why?

Old 09-23-2011, 04:21 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
I also liked his response to the E-verify question. Outsource it to private, such as Mastercard or FedEx, because gov't is too corrupt to implement it without massive fraud.

Gingrich: Will you require employers to use E-Verify? - YouTube

Old 09-23-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Wonder why?

I have like him more lately than when he was Speaker of the House, but he definitely was never a favorite of mine.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:23 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
Quote:
There would be all sorts of issues about poor judgement and such. Also, Newt comes off as arrogant and condescending. He is amusing in these debates but his broad appeal overall just isn't there. Women, in particular, don't care for him.
I am female, and find confidence very appealing. Obama is arrogant and condescending.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:25 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
He has aleady answered for this bad behavior on his part. He has since then embraced Christianity, and is still with the woman he fell in love with. As I said in the op, his personal life of years ago is inconsequential to his candidacy today. He is not lying about it, or covering it up, like the Clintons did. He owned it. I'd rather have someone that's real and flawed, than a phony like Obama. Newt is a leader, you can't take that away from him.
You can't take away the fact that he is a scumbag. Have you ever met the man? I have. We are from the same place. The area of Georgia is one of the most conservative places in the country and he could not get elected dog catcher there. We know him. His own staff quit on him just a few months ago.

Gingrich Campaign Manager and Senior Staffers Resign - NYTimes.com

He had no choice but to admit to what he had done. His wive's divorce attorneys made sure of that. It is all public information that is available. He is a hypocrit and a fraud, not to mention an absolute scumbag.

As far as he is a reformed Christian. It reminds me of the segment in Ole brother where art thou.

Pete: Well I'll be a sonofabitch. Delmar's been saved.
Delmar O'Donnell: Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting’s my reward.
Ulysses Everett McGill: Delmar, what are you talking about? We've got bigger fish to fry.
Delmar O'Donnell: The preacher says all my sins is warshed away, including that Piggly Wiggly I knocked over in Yazoo.
Ulysses Everett McGill: I thought you said you was innocent of those charges?
Delmar O'Donnell: Well I was lyin’. And the preacher says that that sin's been warshed away too. Neither God nor man's got nothin’ on me now. C’mon in boys, the water is fine.
**************** Pete: The Preacher said it absolved us.
Ulysses Everett McGill: For him, not for the law. I'm surprised at you, Pete, I gave you credit for more brains than Delmar.
Delmar O'Donnell: But they was witnesses that seen us redeemed.
Ulysses Everett McGill: That's not the issue Delmar. Even if that did put you square with the Lord, the State of Mississippi's a little more hard-nosed.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I have like him more lately than when he was Speaker of the House, but he definitely was never a favorite of mine.

Gingrich...like John McCain, forsook his first wife...in her crisis (health problems) for a blond, younger 'vamp.'

'Bleached hair?'

Old 09-23-2011, 04:58 PM

18,409 posts, read 19,042,623 times
newt found a way to weasel out of going to viet nam, he was also involved with the house banking check scandal in the early 90's bouncing over 20 checks if memory serves. he also seems to be in rupert murdoch's back pocket

Old 09-23-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I am female, and find confidence very appealing. Obama is arrogant and condescending.

I didn't say he didn't appeal to some women and I am not sure how old you are or how long you have been following politics, but there is a lot of history with Newt and it isn't all pretty. His confidence is not what offends me about him, even his arrogance and consdescending attitude is tolerable at times, but his poor judgement is a problem. Of course, we all have different values so what bothers me, might not bother you at all. People don't all see things alike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections