Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 10:50 AM

198 posts, read 508,745 times

Advertisements

For God's sake what is wrong with you people all questioning Herman Cain and his plans? Who cares if they are flushed out? Why is that even a consideration? The precedent has already been set so $hitcan all the nonsense. We'll just pass this beast no matter what you say, then we'll read it and we'll all have lunch on the patio down by the river and smoke Cubans lit by 100 dollar bills and drink 100 year old scotch to celebrate our wild success. Then we'll write off lunch on our expense report then go back to work to **** and moan for the next 4 years on posting boards. Haven't you heard? He's 100% black and man let me tell ya, that's good enough for me. He's twice as black as the last guy! I'm really stoked! I'm getting light headed just thinking about it. I'm going to faint! No more worries. He'll have to carry a black light to see all the self loathing white dudes trying to bask in his aura. These will be the former independent self loathing white voters looking once more to assuage their guilt but this time they will correct the errors of their past and be casting their vote for a true black man with a real plan, one that might actually work! Yes we really can! We'll raise a little Cain if we're Able! Yes we really can!

Ok, so I laid it on a little thick. This is in direct proportion and in response to the nonsense we've had to endure in the Obama era. Talk about a know nothing educated idiot with practically no experience in anything useful being foisted upon us by a media which no longer does it's job. He can take his elitist Ivy League education steeped in left wing progressive ideology and shove it. I'd rather elect a humble straight talking farmer (one not getting subsidies:-) with years of hard work and common sense as his background to guide us and I don't give a rats a$$ what color his skin is or how much estrogen is flowing through their blood!

Can I get back to work now???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 10:53 AM

1,332 posts, read 995,546 times
I would love to see Cain get the nomination if only to shut the fat yappers of the leftwing loons who continually harp on how the right is RACIST. I am soo osick of that crap.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:56 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,483,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
I would love to see Cain get the nomination if only to shut the fat yappers of the leftwing loons who continually harp on how the right is RACIST. I am soo osick of that crap.

The right is not RACIST. The right is CLASSIST and a Cain nomination would make that loud and clear.

The rent is too damn high and Herman Cain wants to tax it.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:54 PM

17,411 posts, read 16,566,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The right is not RACIST. The right is CLASSIST and a Cain nomination would make that loud and clear.

The rent is too damn high and Herman Cain wants to tax it.
Cain wants to create a business friendly atmosphere in this country that will create real, steady jobs - so people can go back to work, pay their rent, provide for their families and maybe even have a little left over to do with as they please.

Obama wants to create the illusion of jobs, while extending unemployment benefits forever and ever or at least until the tax base has been so beaten down that there is nothing left to dole out. Then what?

Is Cain's tax plan the best possible plan for this country? I don't know. We all still need to see the numbers and then we can decide for ourselves.

Last edited by springfieldva; 09-30-2011 at 02:11 PM..

Old 09-30-2011, 05:59 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I did not question his education. I questioned, and still question, whether he has actually worked out this tax plan. Every "grand plan" has its unintended consequences, and this one will be no exception. And there are many questions about just what this tax plan is all about.

Herman Cain's 999 Tax Plan - Politicol News

1) Will his national sales tax be in addition to the state retail sales tax?
2) Or will it replace the state sales tax, which really doesn’t increase revenues and decrease the deficit?
3) Will he tax services, like a service tax -like on funerals?
4) Will he tax food, restaurant bills, etc., like they do in some countries, will taxes be expanded?

And much more!

I don't believe it replaces any state taxes. It is federal tax. I am not sure about whether the tax is on services either. These are some of the same questions I have also.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:21 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,358 times
Please, Please I'm begging all Republicans who are inclined to do so, vote for Herman Caine!!!!

Old 09-30-2011, 07:15 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,483,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Cain wants to create a business friendly atmosphere in this country that will create real, steady jobs - so people can go back to work, pay their rent, provide for their families and maybe even have a little left over to do with as they please.

Hahaha, Cain's National Restaurant Association would love to create millions of jobs that don't pay anywhere close to what is needed to provide for a family.

Welcome to the new American serfdom.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:11 PM

407 posts, read 389,305 times
I believe Cain has the best chance to win of all the Republican candidates not because he has the best plan, although it is far better than Romney's or Perry's, but because his economic plan is easier to understand than those of other candidates. Voters are in large part, shockingly ignorant. This is how Obama got elected with "Hope" and "Change" with nothing behind it. Herman Cain can capitalize on this ignorance by pushing his "9 9 9" in a fashion similar to Obama's "Hope" and "Change." Which do you think will resonate more with voters this time around?

Old 09-30-2011, 09:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I haven't yet, but have you thought about asking his campaign these questions. Then you would have your answers. You do want to know the truth, right? Not just some commentators, or worse, some chat thread person's spin on the subject. If you do not seek the answers from Mr Cain's organization, does that mean that you are really just interested in your own version of the facts, lazy, ignorant? I can't offer any help there. You have to answer that question for yourself.

I'm not defending his proposal necessarily. Just do your homework, beyond some bloggers point of view. The internet is both a wonderful library, but also a wild-west of misinformation and downright lies. By all parties.
Shouldn't Cain know the answers to those questions? It makes him sound pretty dumb to say "Ask my staff". Maybe "we have to pass this to see how it works", eh?

Old 10-01-2011, 12:06 AM

407 posts, read 389,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I did not question his education. I questioned, and still question, whether he has actually worked out this tax plan. Every "grand plan" has its unintended consequences, and this one will be no exception. And there are many questions about just what this tax plan is all about.

Herman Cain's 999 Tax Plan - Politicol News

1) Will his national sales tax be in addition to the state retail sales tax?
Yes, unless the particular state chooses to eliminate the state tax.

2) Or will it replace the state sales tax, which really doesn’t increase revenues and decrease the deficit?
State tax will affect state government revenue. The federal sales tax will affect the federal government revenue.

3) Will he tax services, like a service tax -like on funerals?
Most likely.

4) Will he tax food, restaurant bills, etc., like they do in some countries, will taxes be expanded?

Whether you tax food or not it is still a an overall tax cut, by far. If by expanded, you mean raised, then no. Since the corporate and personal income tax gets cut to 9%, companies can easily reduce prices to make up for the increase in sales tax.

And much more!
Please, keep going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections