Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 03:17 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,176,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
The only thing that Herman Cain is currently lacking is campaign money, comparing to other candidates.
What i have seen of his 999 plan, i like. Getting the politicians out of the business of creating tax loopholes for their cronies in exchange for favors and campaign contributions is destroying our economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 03:21 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,194,737 times
Whatever happened to the Bachmann and Palin supporters?

Old 09-28-2011, 03:27 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,480,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What i have seen of his 999 plan, i like. Getting the politicians out of the business of creating tax loopholes for their cronies in exchange for favors and campaign contributions is destroying our economy.

It looks to me like a classist tax shift/hike. But that sort of thing has great appeal to many conservatives.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:34 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,888,566 times
Quote:
"African Americans have been brainwashed into not being open-minded, not even considering a conservative point of view," Cain says, according to quotes posted on CNN's PoliticalTicker blog.
"I have received some of that same vitriol simply because I am running for the Republican nomination as a conservative. So it's just brainwashing and people not being open-minded, pure and simple."
Herman Cain: Blacks 'brainwashed' to vote for liberals

Seems to be true. Look at for which candidate African-Americans almost always vote.

They keep voting for liberals, and keep getting poorer. Hmmm...

Old 09-28-2011, 03:50 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,816,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Whatever happened to the Bachmann and Palin supporters?
You can go ahead and start threads about them. Pailin is not running by the way.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:56 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,956,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Exactly. Because he's black and a conservative, Liberals(who are supposedd to be tolerant) call him a uncle tom.
He looks nothing like my uncle Tom. You guys just don't like Obama because you believe he is "uppity".

Old 09-28-2011, 05:01 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,879,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Published September 26, 2011 | Special Report | Bret Baier

Yes he is resonating with American Voters!

Video and transcript::::::::

Is Herman Cain Resonating with Voters? - All Star Panel - Special Report - Fox News
He may be but I certainly don't like his 999
He's another tax & taxer in repub clothing.
I would prefer the tax on 250K and above to this *******s proposal

Don't be fooled,
How can anybody be fooled but a politician proposing new taxes.
A federal consumption tax is a bad idea.
9% as a starting point?

Get rid of this clown.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:02 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,852,631 times
Former Obama Fundraiser Gloria Estefan Turning to…Herman Cain?

Estefan told Stern that even though she hosted the $30,400-a-couple event for Obama, she “didn’t give any money” and didn’t even know the people who were there. She went on to say that she thinks Obama is “doing a good job” as president but that she is “kind of liking a lot of the message that Cain is talking about.” It’s a message she called “common sense.”
Gloria Estefan Tells Howard Stern She’s Interested in Herman Cain | TheBlaze.com

Before you say Oh Glen Becks site there is actual audio of this

So I guess the answer to the OPS questions is Yes Cain is

Old 09-28-2011, 05:08 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,141,224 times
Have to say, I actually like Herman Cain out of the bunch running. At this point, I hope he wins the nomination. However, he isnt going to get the help or attention he needs from the media.

Bachman has proven to be a disaster really. I use to like her a lot but I really dont think she knows what shes doing. At least not enough to think about wanting her for President.

Romney seems like the guy that I can see a lot of people supporting...but for the wrong reasons. No way would I be eccstatic to see him as President. He refuses to admit his failures with Romneycare. I cant help but view him just another career politician looking out for him.

Perry just seems phony to me. Seems like a nice guy but theres just something that bothers me about him.

Paul lost me with his views on foreign policy. He aint going to change his thinking and im not going to change my views on it.

Cain right now seems like the best choice. There is no perfect candidate, never will be. But this guy at least has some common sense and seems down to earth. Not to mention, how great would it be to have to people of color running against each other. That would kill the nonsense of the media/left over the race card garbage.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:25 PM

198 posts, read 508,695 times
Go Herman! I hope he wins so we can finally, finally, finally have our first truly black president! Our black president can kick your half black presidents butt! Yes we can! You'll have black president envy. AC DC will play at the inauguration. The theme song will be back in black. Seriously though I hope he raises hell with the republicans. None of them do anything for me so if Herman Cain doesn't win I think I'll vote for a write in candidate and nominate Peter Schiff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections