Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 06:34 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeNtrail View Post
Don't be so sure about Obama's gift in the next election. I am stunned and amazed as of late when conversing with our black neighbors here in the south east. Most are pissed. They feel abandoned and used. The shine is wearing off of the Democrat's blame Bush apple. Obama has whipped that dead horse long enough. Don't be surprised when Obama doesn't take the swing states that he had the luxury of taking in the last election. And watch the blue haired revolution. The seniors also seem to have lost faith in Obama.

NObama 2012 The Ultimate ErrOr COrrection!
You are equating obama's approval numbers with his chances of getting reelected. Normally that would make sense; however, the Republican side is just giving Obama a gift by fielding such bad candidates with little appeal to Joe Independent.

As for African Americans, do you really think they are going to vote for the Republicans. They may not vote as much as last election, but they certainly are not going to vote for the Republican candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 07:43 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Yet he just won the Florida straw poll.
Yeah, that must be all one needs to know... wake me up when he gets on the republican ticket. That will be quite a day.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:50 AM

28,948 posts, read 30,301,550 times
He is definately resonating with me....

He was CEO of Godfather Pizza, which speaks volumns about his financial experience...which is a plus...
I've never heard him bash anyone, matter of factly, he is extremely polite and honorable when he speaks....even when replying to derrogatory comments, he explains himself without having to name call or try and smear someone else's reputation....

He is not simply the flavor of the month, but one heck of a good candidate so far...I like what he has to say, and I'd venture that anyone who has made a derrogatory remark about him in this thread, has not educated themselves and read up on him or listened to him...simply put, he's a republican, and no matter how good of a man he might be, and how well equipped he might be for the job, any democrate will nix him..simply b/c.

I wish this country would seriously become independents....all of us...then this bickering would stop and more educated decissions would be made...this party against party doesn't work, will never work, all it does is divide the nation, and those who are stauch one or the other, can never admit that they're party does any wrong, when in fact, BOTH parties are corrupt....

Gosh, I cannot believe we've staggnated ourselves so badly, we act like little children name calling, when we don't even know the facts or care to....

Old 09-28-2011, 07:51 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,359,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You are equating obama's approval numbers with his chances of getting reelected. Normally that would make sense; however, the Republican side is just giving Obama a gift by fielding such bad candidates with little appeal to Joe Independent.

As for African Americans, do you really think they are going to vote for the Republicans. They may not vote as much as last election, but they certainly are not going to vote for the Republican candidate.
Obama is counting on the African American voters. If they stay away to any extent, it could cost him the election, regardless who is on the Republican ticket.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:54 AM

Cain, yet another useful idiot for the republican party (Ron Paul being the other).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Obama is counting on the African American voters. If they stay away to any extent, it could cost him the election, regardless who is on the Republican ticket.
Republicans use of "Cain" is to counter that effect.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:57 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,464,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That people PAID to vote in!

He's never been elected dog-catcher. He has exactly zero government experience. He knows nothing about foreign affairs. Great choice, NOT!
Obama had barely any government experience, unless you count voting "present" for 2 years government experience. He also had ZERO foreign affairs experience as well, but you love the crap out that empty suit.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Obama had barely any government experience, unless you count voting "present" for 2 years government experience. He also had ZERO foreign affairs experience as well, but you love the crap out that empty suit.
I've seen republicans make an argument against establishment, and career politicians. I take it that you're not among them.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:01 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,359,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Cain, yet another useful idiot for the republican party (Ron Paul being the other).

Republicans use of "Cain" is to counter that effect.
Idiot? What, in your opinion, makes him an idiot (other than not being a Democrat)? I think he made a lot of sense. His 9 percent solution could work.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:01 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,464,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
How do real people speak?? What does that even mean? I don't want the President of the U.S. to be a man of the people. I want him to be a man for the people. There is a big difference.
You can't be for the people if your not of the people.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Idiot! I think he made a lot of sense.
Oh, I'm sure. It largely depends on who is listening to him, who is using him and we will see where it all goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections