Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 01:51 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,465,881 times

Advertisements

Herman Cain's got my vote so far.

I liked him at the beginning but wanted to check out other candidates.

He's my choice at the moment.

Enough with the career politicians with their fake teeth and perfect hair and hands out for lobbyist money.

This man has taken SEVERAL companies from the negative to the POSITIVE and turned them around.

His education and credentials are impeccable.

I am convinced he can do that for our economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 01:53 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,816,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You must be a very sad person living in Seattle surrounded by all of those dang liberals. Why don't you move.
Haha, I'm alright here.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:00 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Haha, I'm alright here.
You would fit right in where I live. They may even make a statute in honor of your presence.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:15 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
This thread deserves subscription, to revisit when reality shows its face. It has been marked.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:29 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,457,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
It is interesting how many people are simply voting for "anyone but Obama" without actually taking into account the candidate's actual policies. Isn't that the mistake the people who voted for Obama made? Being blinded by their hatred of the incumbent and voting for the shiny new change? The 9-9-9 plan is going to be trouble for Cain once people realize what it actually means.
You mean like this!

Harlem voters

Harlem voters - YouTube

Old 09-28-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
He is definately resonating with me....

He was CEO of Godfather Pizza, which speaks volumns about his financial experience...which is a plus...
I've never heard him bash anyone, matter of factly, he is extremely polite and honorable when he speaks....even when replying to derrogatory comments, he explains himself without having to name call or try and smear someone else's reputation....

He is not simply the flavor of the month, but one heck of a good candidate so far...I like what he has to say, and I'd venture that anyone who has made a derrogatory remark about him in this thread, has not educated themselves and read up on him or listened to him...simply put, he's a republican, and no matter how good of a man he might be, and how well equipped he might be for the job, any democrate will nix him..simply b/c.

I wish this country would seriously become independents....all of us...then this bickering would stop and more educated decissions would be made...this party against party doesn't work, will never work, all it does is divide the nation, and those who are stauch one or the other, can never admit that they're party does any wrong, when in fact, BOTH parties are corrupt....

Gosh, I cannot believe we've staggnated ourselves so badly, we act like little children name calling, when we don't even know the facts or care to....

Old 09-28-2011, 02:34 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,154,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Bottom Line: you believe that all black people should act, think and vote alike. That my friend is the epitome of racism. Perhaps it's time to take a long hard look in the mirror and do some serious soul searching.
Exactly. Because he's black and a conservative, Liberals(who are supposedd to be tolerant) call him a uncle tom.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Why is it so impossible for people to simply "imagine" him in the role of the President.

Consider him acting as concilliator in effecting compromise between the two parties such as the recent debacle over the debt ceiling.

Consider him acting with some actual business background in streamlining current legislation that hamstrings small business's.

Consider him listening to another round of lobbying by the Military complex as to why furnishing South Korea, Suadi Arabia, Pakistan et-al, with the latest greatest weaponry would be ideal for democracy.

Consider him responding to the likes of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton when they are exhorting the White House to be more "colour pro-active". Maybe Bill Cosby and he together, could actually get some traction amongst the principled parties.

Consider the little salute he gives the Marines when he exits either his Chopper or Airforce one as actually coming from one repsected military man to another instead of an offhanded gesture for the cameras.

Consider the staffing of the whitehouse shrinking from the current batch of personal assistants and hairdressers. No requirement to juggle "tee" times with meetings with other Heads of State would instantly free up millions in the budget.

Consider Herman Cain being confronted with a big black bus costing millions to transport himself from state to state and musing "if security is paramount, why can't I just use a Humvee like the guys are using in Afghanistan?"

I see this man being capable of actually melding the two parties into a more co-operative, more effective, logic driven, governing body. Those people of both parties who currently look at Obama as "mister smarm" with no actual "boots on the ground" experience would be forced to afford this gent with a modicum of respect when he looks them in the eye and asks them "what, when and why"?

What allegiance would he have to the likes of George Soros?

All anyone need do is actually imagine him in the role.
Because they have to attack and rip and tear him apart, he is across the fence and in the wrong party.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:04 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,180,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Published September 26, 2011 | Special Report | Bret Baier

Yes he is resonating with American Voters!

Video and transcript::::::::

Is Herman Cain Resonating with Voters? - All Star Panel - Special Report - Fox News
Apparently Herman is starting to catch on.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds that Obama earns 39% support while Cain attracts 34%. In that match-up, 14% prefer some other candidate, and 14% are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Old 09-28-2011, 03:12 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,816,583 times
The only thing that Herman Cain is currently lacking is campaign money, comparing to other candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections