Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 08:16 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,505,679 times

Advertisements

Why is it so impossible for people to simply "imagine" him in the role of the President.

Consider him acting as concilliator in effecting compromise between the two parties such as the recent debacle over the debt ceiling.

Consider him acting with some actual business background in streamlining current legislation that hamstrings small business's.

Consider him listening to another round of lobbying by the Military complex as to why furnishing South Korea, Suadi Arabia, Pakistan et-al, with the latest greatest weaponry would be ideal for democracy.

Consider him responding to the likes of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton when they are exhorting the White House to be more "colour pro-active". Maybe Bill Cosby and he together, could actually get some traction amongst the principled parties.

Consider the little salute he gives the Marines when he exits either his Chopper or Airforce one as actually coming from one repsected military man to another instead of an offhanded gesture for the cameras.

Consider the staffing of the whitehouse shrinking from the current batch of personal assistants and hairdressers. No requirement to juggle "tee" times with meetings with other Heads of State would instantly free up millions in the budget.

Consider Herman Cain being confronted with a big black bus costing millions to transport himself from state to state and musing "if security is paramount, why can't I just use a Humvee like the guys are using in Afghanistan?"

I see this man being capable of actually melding the two parties into a more co-operative, more effective, logic driven, governing body. Those people of both parties who currently look at Obama as "mister smarm" with no actual "boots on the ground" experience would be forced to afford this gent with a modicum of respect when he looks them in the eye and asks them "what, when and why"?

What allegiance would he have to the likes of George Soros?

All anyone need do is actually imagine him in the role.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 08:18 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Why is it so impossible for people to simply "imagine" him in the role of the President.
I agree with the "imagine" part.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:21 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,941,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Idiot? What, in your opinion, makes him an idiot (other than not being a Democrat)? I think he made a lot of sense. His 9 percent solution could work.
How could his 9 percent solution work? How do you see it playing out in actuality?

Old 09-28-2011, 08:22 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,505,679 times
I'm at least proposing you look at him in the role in the same way you must have if voting for the likes of some others who've sat in the big chair.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:25 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,922 times
he's got the best personality out of all of them, which is big.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:26 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,358,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Oh, I'm sure. It largely depends on who is listening to him, who is using him and we will see where it all goes.
You did not answer my question, and you deleted most of what I asked you in my post. What, in your opinion, makes him an "idiot"? And don't say it is because he is a "Republican". Give us YOUR definition of what he has said, not said, done, etc. that makes him an "idiot" in your mind?

Old 09-28-2011, 08:32 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,622,136 times
The fact that he has never held political office is one of my favorite aspects of Herman Cain. He's not a career politician; he's a businessman. Our economy is far and away the biggest issue we're facing now and in the immediate future. It's obvious that Obama is seriously unqualified to fix the economy and budget crisis. Cain, on the other hand, has decades of success in real-world business which is what we need to restart this country's economic machine.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:34 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
You did not answer my question, and you deleted most of what I asked you in my post. What, in your opinion, makes him an "idiot"? And don't say it is because he is a "Republican". Give us YOUR definition of what he has said, not said, done, etc. that makes him an "idiot" in your mind?
I often choose to skip irrelevant ramblings rather than propagate those. In fact, I was tempted to ignore your entire post for crappy use of exclamation over a question mark. Anyway, I didn't call him an idiot. I called him a useful idiot. Sort of like Michael Steele was, after Obama's election. Sort of Willie Horton, but for a completely different effect. Such effects can surely fool a lot of people.

Wake me up when you see him on republican ticket. It is what I say of Ron Paul as well and he is the guy I wish to be the republican candidate but I am not an idiot to discount the reality that is the "conservatives".

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 09-28-2011 at 08:43 AM..

Old 09-28-2011, 08:52 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,922 times
will southern whites vote for herman cain? thats the question.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:01 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
will southern whites vote for herman cain? thats the question.
I am not a fan of Cain, but certainly if they do vote they would rather have a black Republican than a Black Democrat. Now there maybe a lot who decide to not vote at all, but if they do vote, I see them voting for Cain if they are Republican.

Now if there was a viable independent candidate that was not black. That may be a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections