Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 05:19 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,541,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
But you support Obama.. yeah, not a sucker there, no con job taking place, after all, he was a community organizer.. haha

Maybe so, but at least I knew who I was voting for. He's turned out exactly as he promised. Not as successful as we'd have liked, but still the same guy after the election as he was before.

Not so with recent GOP candidates. They campaign as conservatives, but govern as liberals and y'all keep right on believing them.

You know...occasionally, it helps to look beyond the labels. Y'all are like the citizens of OZ, not interested in finding who's behind the curtain so long as he says the right things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 06:14 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Here we go again.

How many times will you real, true, Tea Party conservatives let the GOP big wheels and insiders con you into voting for them?

Will you fall for it again in November?

Geez. Y'all are the biggest suckers on the planet.
People are voting for the Not Obama that has a chance to win. Ron Paul ain't it.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
I had wished Rand wouldn't endorse Romney, but I had suspected that he will. Maybe he was forced to do it or whatever, but even then it's not an excuse. The grassroots is pretty pissed at the moment, but all of us always knew that Rand is no Ron. Ron Pauls don't grow on trees.

I know the immediate reflex would be to say that Rand is not as crazy as Ron Paul supporters, and that maybe right. Endorsement or not, we still do NOT believe that Romney has anything in common with us. Even if Rand or Ron is the VP, Romney is still NOT getting our votes. So nothing has changed for the grassroots.

We soldier on. This is not about getting the nomination for Paul. I can tell you right now that the chances for it are pretty slim. I had started to look beyond that a couple of months ago. This is to remake the GOP into what they claim on paper that they are, and to take the country back to its constitutional roots.
Niether will be the VP candidate: certainly not Ron, but most likely not Rand either for several reasons, the first being he is too new to politics, Romney will go with someone who has been around a little longer.

I will add, what do you mean by not as crazy as Ron Paul supporters, I think the vote would be for the candidate, not the actually supporters. of course some might think the supporters represent the saneness or lack of same as the candidate. I, for one, do not happen to think Ron Paul is crazy. I don't like all his views or ideas, but that doesn't make him crazy.

Nita

Old 06-08-2012, 06:19 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Nor mine and I'm disgusted with Rand. I think his announcement is WAY too premature. The entire venue at the state convention was EXTREMELY PRO Ron Paul tonight. It was WAY too early for Rand to come out and say something like that. Tom Woods agrees as you can hear in his little commentary after he talks to Rand on Peter Schiff's radio show that Tom guest hosted today. Note that he adds that it would DESTROY Ron Paul's legacy if Ron Paul ever came out and backed Mitt Romney.

Tom Woods & Rand Paul- Voting For Robots- True Patriots Stand For Ron Paul - YouTube
from what I have heard it was not all Ron P last night, but I will let it go for now.

Nita

Old 06-08-2012, 06:26 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,437,035 times
Quote:
" Rand and therefore Ron", you say? Since when are they the same person? Rand just stabbed the Liberty Movement in the back. Ron hasn't done anything of the sort.

Also Romney and Rand both have another thing coming if they think this endorsement will sway any Ron Paul supporters over to Romney because of Rand. Rather Rand just shot himself in the foot with this announcement!
You can't be so naive as to think that Rands endorsement of Romney wasn't discussed and approved by his father.Ron wants to calm things down a bit before the convention because he wants 'the Liberty Movement' to have a long term future within the republican party and knows thats not going to happen if his supporters alienate the 75-85% of the party who are open to a lot of his ideas on some level but aren't Paul fanatics.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:31 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,953,281 times
I think Rand might be in a Cabinet level position, given that he was in private meetings with Romney recently. As for VP, I only see 3 possibilities: Mitch Daniels, Tim Pawlenty, and Marco Rubio. Daniels and Pawlenty are not controversial figures and more the more low-key of the GOP "rising stars". I think the Rubio card is better used in 2016. So, Rand is either going to be Cabinet level in 2012, or VP in 2016.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:34 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,953,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
You can't be so naive as to think that Rands endorsement of Romney wasn't discussed and approved by his father.Ron wants to calm things down a bit before the convention because he wants 'the Liberty Movement' to have a long term future within the republican party and knows thats not going to happen if his supporters alienate the 75-85% of the party who are open to a lot of his ideas on some level but aren't Paul fanatics.
I agree. Paul is a politician, he's not God's messenger or anything. That by itself preventedme from enthusiastically embracing Ron Paul, plus a few positions I never agreed with him on. Politicians will always be politicians. I think they did this because they might have been more spoilers than winners, ensuring an Obama victory. Read my post above, I think Rand got himself a Cabinet position with Romney or a future in 2016

Old 06-08-2012, 07:11 AM

75 posts, read 40,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Lol!

And the Paulbots will still cling to their "second ballot" rally cry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Romney doesn't have my vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Obviously, Rand and therefore Ron, know it is not premature in the least. It is basically over. Everyone in the US and many in other countries know that Mitt Romney is the nominee. For all intents and purposes, the general election campaign is already going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Can't wait until Ron Paul announces his endorsement of Mitt Romney...lol.
Quote:
" Rand and therefore Ron", you say? Since when are they the same person? Rand just stabbed the Liberty Movement in the back. Ron hasn't done anything of the sort.

Also Romney and Rand both have another thing coming if they think this endorsement will sway any Ron Paul supporters over to Romney because of Rand. Rather Rand just shot himself in the foot with this announcement!
It's another move in the grand chess game... Rand is thinking about HIS future after Ron Paul is elected in 2012... Rand is just assimilating himself with the GOP so he won't be alienated in the future...

Ron Paul still has the delegates and this will force a brokered convention in Tampa... Ron Paul will win the 2012 nomination on the second ballot... Possibly even on the first ballot... This is a strategic move that was already planned by Rand Paul and his father Ron.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:13 AM

75 posts, read 40,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_M_156 View Post
It's another move in the grand chess game... Rand is thinking about HIS future after Ron Paul is elected in 2012... Rand is just assimilating himself with the GOP so he won't be alienated in the future...

Ron Paul still has the delegates and this will force a brokered convention in Tampa... Ron Paul will win the 2012 nomination on the second ballot... Possibly even on the first ballot... This is a strategic move that was already planned by Rand Paul and his father Ron.
Read between the lines people...

Rand Paul before endorsing Romney on Bilderberg and Goldman Sachs - YouTube

Old 06-08-2012, 07:22 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,541,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
People are voting for the Not Obama that has a chance to win. Ron Paul ain't it.

Hopefully, neither is Romney.

Of all the Republican's out there, Mittens is hardly the best they could choose. In fact, I don't think they could have chosen a worse candidate. At least with Santorum or Paul or Bachmann, you KNEW where they stood. With Romney, you simply don't. He's all things to all people, which means no people know who he really is.

Voting for Romney is a bit like Nancy Pelosi's comment about the healthcare reform bill: Ya gotta vote him in to see what he's about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections