Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 06:57 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
People are voting for the Not Obama that has a chance to win. Ron Paul ain't it.
I just can't buy in to that. I think that is the most ridiculous reason to give someone a vote, "they aren't the other guy".

This country is such a fricken mess and we helped make it that way by voting in this manner. People don't seem to get it and it's pretty evident, they never will. It's amazing how many can be swayed by pretty words. Words are meaningless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 06:59 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,512,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_M_156 View Post
Everyone is missing it..... Ron Paul is being forced to make Romney the VP...

Read between the lines...
God I hope you're right. I wouldn't mind him as VP.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:40 PM

75 posts, read 40,407 times
Another way I see it... This was a pretty smart move on Rand's part... After all the media has done in order to make it look like Mitt Romney has already won, if Ron Paul were to win right now they would go on and make it look like Ron Paul stole Mitt Romney's victory, or cheated him out of it... This way they now make it look like they weren't expecting the win and they show that they weren't completely against Mitt Romney so they wont completely disenfranchise Mitt's supporters... How few of them there are in reality anyway...

Even if Romney were to steal the nomination... Ron Paul supporters would never vote for Mitt Romney... They would either stay home or write in Ron Paul... Mitt Romney would be dead in the water... Letting Romney get the nomination would guarantee a re-election for Obama... If the Republicans want Obama out of office, thier only choice is Ron Paul.

RON PAUL 2012

Old 06-09-2012, 07:47 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,145,425 times
This a coerced bildeberger endorsement!

Old 06-09-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
It would be something to keep an eye on... Bush was forced on Reagan... Then Bush tried to take him out...

Old 06-09-2012, 07:54 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
What SpongeBob SquarePants does is more relevant.
I say the same thing about your posts.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
I don't like the idea of a Vice President Romney... but it appears that is the deal that was made...

Old 06-09-2012, 08:03 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,682,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Maybe so, but at least I knew who I was voting for. He's turned out exactly as he promised..
You're delusional. The first thing he promised was to close Gitmo. Now he's remodeling and renovating.

Gitmo is just a start on his deceit.

Not that I care. Gitmo should never be closed.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:31 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I know you are doing the standard CDusr play dumb and confused thing, but obviously (to the rest of us) he was referring to there being a louder minority with fanatical leanings that amplify the perceived support for Ron Paul beyond what it actually is. He was making no sweeping statement about the majority/minority and the veracity of their opinion in general, and to be honest it is pretty funny to see you scratch your little head and frame it that way.

Cute speech, applause! Again, he was simply pointing out the flaws in the viewpoint that seeing more overt support for a candidate (like bumper stickers) does not equate to more support from the majority. Keep on fighting the good fight against social conditioning, oh confused one.
Don't think my question about what someone else intended was directed at you.
Although, not sure why you think a question or a sentence is a speech. Or why you think asking a question equals confusion or playing dumb. Or why you think you speak or perceive "for the rest of us." or "to the rest of us". Is that the royal "we" again? (lol)

Old 06-09-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Everyone is missing it..... Ron Paul is being forced to make Romney the VP...

Read between the lines...
The title and the transcript says it all...

Sen. Rand Paul: 'Gov. Romney is right there with us' - Interviews - Hannity - Fox News

Quote:
Another way I see it... This was a pretty smart move on Rand's part... After all the media has done in order to make it look like Mitt Romney has already won, if Ron Paul were to win right now they would go on and make it look like Ron Paul stole Mitt Romney's victory, or cheated him out of it... This way they now make it look like they weren't expecting the win and they show that they weren't completely against Mitt Romney so they wont completely disenfranchise Mitt's supporters... How few of them there are in reality anyway...

Even if Romney were to steal the nomination... Ron Paul supporters would never vote for Mitt Romney... They would either stay home or write in Ron Paul... Mitt Romney would be dead in the water... Letting Romney get the nomination would guarantee a re-election for Obama... If the Republicans want Obama out of office, thier only choice is Ron Paul.

RON PAUL 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections