Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 08:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_M_156 View Post
Everyone is missing it..... Ron Paul is being forced to make Romney the VP...

Read between the lines...
well, I will say one thing, you are apparently going to be the last one to accept the inevidable...Paul is through, period, except to possibly get some of his views into the platform, he has NO chance to be the nominee and if he did Romney would never be the VP candidate, Paul wouldn't hear of it, they have nothing in common and Romney would not think about accepting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
It would be something to keep an eye on... Bush was forced on Reagan... Then Bush tried to take him out...
Bush was not forced on Reagan, The party tried to force Reagan on the Ford group. Were you a delegate or did you know anyone at either of those conventions?

Nita

Old 06-10-2012, 08:19 AM

75 posts, read 40,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well, I will say one thing, you are apparently going to be the last one to accept the inevidable...Paul is through, period, except to possibly get some of his views into the platform, he has NO chance to be the nominee and if he did Romney would never be the VP candidate, Paul wouldn't hear of it, they have nothing in common and Romney would not think about accepting.
Quote:
Bush was not forced on Reagan, The party tried to force Reagan on the Ford group. Were you a delegate or did you know anyone at either of those conventions?

Nita
The Party forced Bush on Reagan... They never got along...

It's going to be Paul/Romney ticket.

Another way I see it... This was a pretty smart move on Rand's part... After all the media has done in order to make it look like Mitt Romney has already won, if Ron Paul were to win right now they would go on and make it look like Ron Paul stole Mitt Romney's victory, or cheated him out of it... This way they now make it look like they weren't expecting the win and they show that they weren't completely against Mitt Romney so they won't completely disenfranchise Mitt's supporters... How few of them there are in reality anyway...

Even if Romney were to steal the nomination... Ron Paul supporters would never vote for Mitt Romney... They would either stay home or write in Ron Paul... Mitt Romney would be dead in the water... Letting Romney get the nomination would guarantee Obama a re-election... If the Republicans want Obama out of office, thier only choice is Ron Paul.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
The Party forced Bush on Reagan... They never got along...

It's going to be Paul/Romney ticket.

Another way I see it... This was a pretty smart move on Rand's part... After all the media has done in order to make it look like Mitt Romney has already won, if Ron Paul were to win right now they would go on and make it look like Ron Paul stole Mitt Romney's victory, or cheated him out of it... This way they now make it look like they weren't expecting the win and they show that they weren't completely against Mitt Romney so they won't completely disenfranchise Mitt's supporters... How few of them there are in reality anyway...

Even if Romney were to steal the nomination... Ron Paul supporters would never vote for Mitt Romney... They would either stay home or write in Ron Paul... Mitt Romney would be dead in the water... Letting Romney get the nomination would guarantee Obama a re-election... If the Republicans want Obama out of office, thier only choice is Ron Paul.
they did not get along? You are right, was Bush forced on Reagan, believe whatever you want, I know flatly this is anything but the case.

We are all aware, many Paul supporters do not intend on voting, the same happened in 2008. That isn't news, and many Republicans would not vote for Paul, they would go libartarian instead, have you thought about that?

Nita

Old 06-10-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
they did not get along? You are right, was Bush forced on Reagan, believe whatever you want, I know flatly this is anything but the case.

We are all aware, many Paul supporters do not intend on voting, the same happened in 2008. That isn't news, and many Republicans would not vote for Paul, they would go libartarian instead, have you thought about that?

Nita
I understand that Ron Paul will get more votes than Gary Johnson...

Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I understand that Ron Paul will get more votes than Gary Johnson...
gvetting more votes and winning are 2 different things..

Nita

Old 06-10-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
gvetting more votes and winning are 2 different things..

Nita
The Republicans are not going to win unless Ron Paul is the nominee.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:51 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,205,828 times
Quote:
It's going to be Paul/Romney ticket
I just don't see any reason Romney would do this.

VP candidates are usually chosen to help woo voting blocks during the general election, and there are much better (and safer) choices than Ron Paul to do this.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I just don't see any reason Romney would do this.

VP candidates are usually chosen to help woo voting blocks during the general election, and there are much better (and safer) choices than Ron Paul to do this.
Obama is guaranteed re-election if Ron Paul is not the Republican nominee. The Liberty movement will under no circumstances ever vote for Romney.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:55 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,205,828 times
Well obviously Ron Paul is not going to be the Republican nominee so I guess Obama is guaranteed reelection. Call off the voting, we've got it figured out here on CityData.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections