Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 03:06 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times

Advertisements

I've seen past interviews with Ron as well as Rand, and when Ron is asked
about something in regards to his son, he'll often just say "You'll have to
ask him". They respect each other's opinion, but they don't agree on
everything - they are not clones.

Ron doesn't have any reason in the world to endorse Romney, if he does
not want to. But at this point in time, Rand certainly does. After all,
Rand IS a Republican, not a Libertarian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 03:09 PM

75 posts, read 40,339 times
With Ron Paul actually winning at the delegate race and putting alot of pressure on the NWO for lack of a better term, They are getting real nervous... Do you think the elites are going to say "Oh well we lost to Ron Paul and the american people?"... With unbound delegates nominating Ron Paul on the first ballot in Tampa they really have no other choice, look on his face and the sound of his voice. He probably got pictures on his phone with his family in cross hairs...

Old 06-08-2012, 03:32 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
I had wished Rand wouldn't endorse Romney, but I had suspected that he will. Maybe he was forced to do it or whatever, but even then it's not an excuse. The grassroots is pretty pissed at the moment, but all of us always knew that Rand is no Ron. Ron Pauls don't grow on trees.

I know the immediate reflex would be to say that Rand is not as crazy as Ron Paul supporters, and that maybe right. Endorsement or not, we still do NOT believe that Romney has anything in common with us. Even if Rand or Ron is the VP, Romney is still NOT getting our votes. So nothing has changed for the grassroots.

We soldier on. This is not about getting the nomination for Paul. I can tell you right now that the chances for it are pretty slim. I had started to look beyond that a couple of months ago. This is to remake the GOP into what they claim on paper that they are, and to take the country back to its constitutional roots.
That's the way I see it. I believe there are probably several reasons for this endorsement. It would be great to see Rand get a cabinet position. Rand wants his father to survive, if he actually got close to the presidency the people that really run this country, with the global agenda, would have to assassinate RP. Rand knows that the office of President is just a figure-head puppet for the global masters, the real power of the people resides with the Congress, Senate, and local governance.
Wonder why neither Rand nor Sean mentioned NDAA or the Patriot Act.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:41 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,544 times
Rand Paul is a smart man. Personally he probably should ahve just said he would support the GOP nominee. That would have saved him some grief. Remember though,that Rand is not in total lockstep with his father.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:59 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
When Ron Paul endorses Mitt, some Paulbot heads are gonna explode...

Old 06-08-2012, 05:02 PM

Everybody needs to calm down… Rand Paul announced his “support” of Mitt Romney… RON PAUL DID NOT DROP OUT AND ENDORSE ROMNEY…
This is a strategic move by the Ron Paul campaign… Romney will not have enough delegates to win the nomination… Ron Paul will win the Republican nomination in Tampa.

Ron Paul has enough delegates to force a brokered convention… The Liberty Movement will not give Romney the nomination… Rule 38 will be enforced… Romney will not have enough delegates… Ron Paul will win the nomination on the second ballot… Possibly even on the first ballot.

Read between the lines...

Old 06-08-2012, 05:07 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_M_156 View Post
Everybody needs to calm down… Rand Paul announced his “support” of Mitt Romney… RON PAUL DID NOT DROP OUT AND ENDORSE ROMNEY…
This is a strategic move by the Ron Paul campaign… Romney will not have enough delegates to win the nomination… Ron Paul will win the Republican nomination in Tampa.

Ron Paul has enough delegates to force a brokered convention… The Liberty Movement will not give Romney the nomination… Rule 38 will be enforced… Romney will not have enough delegates… Ron Paul will win the nomination on the second ballot… Possibly even on the first ballot.

WOW.

Just WOW.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
WOW.

Just WOW.
This does nothing for Romney... Ron Paul supporters will never vote for Mittens... If anything... things just got worse for Mitt Romney...

Last edited by N_M_156; 06-08-2012 at 05:22 PM..

Old 06-08-2012, 07:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
I think people see too much into things. I trust Rand Paul on his decision and still back him. He is still my favorite Senator.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:21 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:

Quote:
This does nothing for Romney... Ron Paul supporters will never vote for Mittens... If anything... things just got worse for Mitt Romney...
What in the world are you smoking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections