Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times

Advertisements

Paul will not get the nomination but he will get a prime spot in the convention. He will get more applause than anyone outside of Romney and he will not hold back.

This is one way Romney could screw up. If he dismisses Paul, things could change quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 02:54 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,046 times
Apparently, both my links were deleted for some reason.
Sen. Rand Paul Endorses Romney, Libertarian Party Accuses Him ...

Washington Times' Tom Mullen On Why Rand Paul Endorses Romney

Old 06-11-2012, 05:39 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Has it dawned on you, maybe you are the one that doesn't get it? I don't mean to be attacking, I am simply trying to understand why people think only thier way can be the right way and if other disagree, they just don't get it. This works both ways..
Because I used to be just like all the other Republicans. I bought that spew hook, line and sinker. I thought Paul was extreme and his followers nuts. (I still think some of them are.) But I opened my mind and actually learned what Paul stands for and what he stands for is less government. He doesn't just talk it, like Republicans do, he actually would work to make it so.

All I've seen out of the Republicans for the past several elections, (not just Pres), is a bunch of hot air. They have ticked me off more times than I care to count. They've acted like spineless cowards, selling out.

No, they don't act as bad as some of the whiny Dems who "take their ball and go home" until they get their way, but they aren't far from it.

How do I know? Because I've been one of you. Now? As they say, once you get it, you can't UNget it.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,958,168 times

An Appeal to Ron Paul, on Mitt Romney - YouTube

Old 06-11-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Good Post. He's right.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:50 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,572,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Because I used to be just like all the other Republicans. I bought that spew hook, line and sinker. I thought Paul was extreme and his followers nuts. (I still think some of them are.) But I opened my mind and actually learned what Paul stands for and what he stands for is less government. He doesn't just talk it, like Republicans do, he actually would work to make it so.

All I've seen out of the Republicans for the past several elections, (not just Pres), is a bunch of hot air. They have ticked me off more times than I care to count. They've acted like spineless cowards, selling out.

No, they don't act as bad as some of the whiny Dems who "take their ball and go home" until they get their way, but they aren't far from it.

How do I know? Because I've been one of you. Now? As they say, once you get it, you can't UNget it.
Speaking of which, have you seen Jesse Ventura's new book? This looks like a fun read.
Jesse Ventura lets both sides have it in new book - TwinCities.com

Old 06-11-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Good Post. He's right.
Absolutely.

This is the exchange with Guiliani.

Ron Paul vs. Rudy Giuliani - YouTube#!

The CFR has stacked the deck for the 2008 election with
several members in the race from both sides of the isle:

Democrat CFR
Candidates:
Barack Obama
Hillary Clinton
John Edwards
Chris Dodd
Bill Richardson
Republican CFR
Candidates:
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani
John McCain
Fred Thompson
Newt Gingrich

The mainstream
media's self-proclaimed “top tier” candidates are united in their
CFR membership, while an unwitting public perceives political
diversity. The unwitting public has been conditioned to
instinctively deny such a mass deception could ever be hidden in
plain view. Presidential Candidate & Congressman Ron Paul is
the only “top tier” candidate who is not a member of the CFR.

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Obama & The CFR | NowPublic News Coverage Obama & The CFR | NowPublic News Coverage

Old 06-11-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Absolutely.

This is the exchange with Guiliani.

Ron Paul vs. Rudy Giuliani - YouTube#!

The CFR has stacked the deck for the 2008 election with
several members in the race from both sides of the isle:

Democrat CFR
Candidates:
Barack Obama
Hillary Clinton
John Edwards
Chris Dodd
Bill Richardson
Republican CFR
Candidates:
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani
John McCain
Fred Thompson
Newt Gingrich

The mainstream
media's self-proclaimed “top tier” candidates are united in their
CFR membership, while an unwitting public perceives political
diversity. The unwitting public has been conditioned to
instinctively deny such a mass deception could ever be hidden in
plain view. Presidential Candidate & Congressman Ron Paul is
the only “top tier” candidate who is not a member of the CFR.

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Obama & The CFR | NowPublic News Coverage Obama & The CFR | NowPublic News Coverage
Nothing, but arrogance and total lack of personal responsibility. Twisting words and trying to make that sound like a woman getting raped for wearing a short dress.

We have no right to go bomb, interfere with and do these heinous things to other countries, anymore than they have a right to do that here or anywhere else.
If you go pick a fight expect to get one, even if you are a bully.
I find people like Giuliani an embarrassment, nothing but grandstanding.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:07 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,962,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Paul will not get the nomination but he will get a prime spot in the convention. He will get more applause than anyone outside of Romney and he will not hold back.

This is one way Romney could screw up. If he dismisses Paul, things could change quick.
Give me one good reason why Ron Paul should get a prime spot? Or why a Romney "dismissal" results in "things changing quick"?

As the Paulbots are fond of repeating ad nauseum daily, they will not vote for Romney under any circumstances. That means there is no reason whatsoever for the GOP and Mitt Romney to give RP a platform at their convention.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:24 AM

Lew Rockwell says the campaign is over for Ron Paul. He is an educator of the people, that's what he has been doing and will continue to do. Rand is a conservative Republican, nothing more nothing less.
I respect Lew and think he is right on target. It is up to us to restrain gov't, not look to gov't to reduce itself, that will never happen.

Lew Rockwell: Ron Paul and Rand Paul are Different - YouTube#!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections