Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,510,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_M_156 View Post
This does nothing for Romney... Ron Paul supporters will never vote for Mittens... If anything... things just got worse for Mitt Romney...
I completely agree. This movement is bigger than Rand Paul. No one is going to vote for Romney just because Rand Paul had to open his big mouth. We'll see how long his Senate career lasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 05:48 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
You can't be so naive as to think that
This is surely a rhetorical question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If Ron Paul is such a small insignificant player, why are Romney bumper stickers so few and far between when Ron Paul stickers are everywhere and why can Ron Paul bring crowds of 5 or 10k with a days notice when Romney can't even draw 500 with a months notice?
"significance" in an election is better judged by votes eh? Ron Paul was a fairly insignificant player by that measure.

(Yeah I know, insert babble here about the cheating voting machines with links to youtube etc.....)

Old 06-09-2012, 12:18 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
When Ron Paul endorses Mitt, some Paulbot heads are gonna explode...
Not happening. Ron actually has principles, unlike your candidate.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:12 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
Don't confuse the fanaticism of a few with being a majority.

College students and retirees may have a lot of time to attend rallies, conventions, or go out of their way to plaster bumper stickers and yard signs everywhere, but the majority of Americans who work 45-50 hour weeks and hold moderate views are the ones who determine elections.
I don't understand these statements. Are you saying "minorities" are fanatics? The "majority" view has more value? Are you speaking of votes?

I am not sure why people value this majority thing so strongly, other than social conditioning. People have done heinous psychotic things to one another in the name of the "majority".

Old 06-09-2012, 02:46 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I don't understand these statements. Are you saying "minorities" are fanatics? The "majority" view has more value? Are you speaking of votes?
I know you are doing the standard CDusr play dumb and confused thing, but obviously (to the rest of us) he was referring to there being a louder minority with fanatical leanings that amplify the perceived support for Ron Paul beyond what it actually is. He was making no sweeping statement about the majority/minority and the veracity of their opinion in general, and to be honest it is pretty funny to see you scratch your little head and frame it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I am not sure why people value this majority thing so strongly, other than social conditioning. People have done heinous psychotic things to one another in the name of the "majority".
Cute speech, applause! Again, he was simply pointing out the flaws in the viewpoint that seeing more overt support for a candidate (like bumper stickers) does not equate to more support from the majority. Keep on fighting the good fight against social conditioning, oh confused one.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:10 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Unfortunately, I can no longer support either Ron or Rand Paul. I have lost my faith in them, as have so many others. Even Alex Jones has been calling them out now.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:41 PM

75 posts, read 40,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Unfortunately, I can no longer support either Ron or Rand Paul. I have lost my faith in them, as have so many others. Even Alex Jones has been calling them out now.
Everyone is missing it..... Ron Paul is being forced to make Romney the VP...

Read between the lines...

Old 06-09-2012, 04:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Who else has done more for the cause of liberty nowadays? btw Alex Jones is no better than Glen Beck. Informative, sure, but he's in it for the sensationalist he is.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:58 PM

75 posts, read 40,363 times
This whole Rand "endorsement" is being way overblown in my opinion... Rand is just covering all bases as one of the establishment Republicans so his dad won't get so much opposition when he's President... The only thing to watch out for is they'll try to suicide Ron Paul like they did with Reagan...

Old 06-09-2012, 05:06 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Who cares?

We are in the POST-BUSH era. Bush was a miserable failure, decimating our domestic agenda across the board. This is the Republican way. What these two worthless Republicans do means nothing.

What SpongeBob SquarePants does is more relevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections