Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,505,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
That is fair, but I would disagree and say that I know of no politicians who have flip flopped more than Obama the past 5 years.

I will bet on you winning. When we taped him after him winning in 2008 and thereafter, he made all kinds of promises mind you, he has not kept.

One of them being, and these are his words, within the first 6 months of my presidency, our 1st set of troops will be coming home. Yep he said that, and much more, he has flip-flop on.

I will make no major decisions, without the public and republicians knowing what i am deciding to do, oh really! I will be the 1st by-partisian President around, and will work and get things done by coming to decisions together, oh really.
His biggest setback, was the farce and lies too so many who believed of him, in his Hope n' Change, and that was nothing but garbage.

Was going to throw those damn tapes of him away, but decided on keeping them around for a while. Any buyers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 12:26 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,593,349 times
Obama's flip-flopped on too many issues to count over the past 5-10 years; he's far worse than Romney is.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:28 PM

26,738 posts, read 15,295,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If he has, you should be happier, not sad. Unless, you liked his promises, which is highly unlikely, given your track record.
#1 You honestly don't realize that Obama has broken a lot of promises?

#2 The Wednesday morning after Obama won, I remember driving to work happy. We were going to have a guy who would:

A) Cut the annual deficit in half by the end of his first term
B) End no bid government contracts for anything above $25K
C) Expand NASA
D) Reduce earmarks to 1994 levels
E) Go line by line with a fine tooth comb to cut waste from the budget
F) Be the most transparent president ever
G) Give the public time to read and debate all non-emergency bills before they are voted on
H) Allow no lobbyists in the White House

etc etc etc....

I wish Democrats would hold Obama responsible for his actions. He has been president for 3.5 years, had control of congress for 2 years...it is always someone else's fault but Obama's -- while Obama gives less time to answer questions in an open setting than Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, even Nixon, LBJ, JFK, Ike.......

Old 06-18-2012, 12:37 PM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times
He's "evolved" like Obama on gay marriage, illegal immigration, GITMO, white house transparency, shovel-ready projects, religion, etc.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:42 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,202,963 times
Quote:

#2 The Wednesday morning after Obama won, I remember driving to work happy. We were going to have a guy who would:

C) Expand NASA
G) Give the public time to read and debate all non-emergency bills before they are voted on

etc etc etc....

I wish Democrats would hold Obama responsible for his actions. He has been president for 3.5 years, had control of congress for 2 years...it is always someone else's fault but Obama's -- while Obama gives less time to answer questions in an open setting than Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, even Nixon, LBJ, JFK, Ike.......
Why does the media (even FOX) make such a big deal out of Mitt's flips? I think the jury is out on him and people can't pin point who he really is. Plus, his sound bites keep biting him in the asteriods. You have to admit the "let Detroit thing" wasn't good at all. Would you have said that being from Michigan?

Old 06-18-2012, 12:50 PM

26,738 posts, read 15,295,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Why does the media (even FOX) make such a big deal out of Mitt's flips? I think the jury is out on him and people can't pin point who he really is. Plus, his sound bites keep biting him in the asteriods. You have to admit the "let Detroit thing" wasn't good at all. Would you have said that being from Michigan?
More people hold Republicans accountable for flip flopping and the Santorum crowd frets that Mitt is too moderate so they will call him out on it.

I want you to answer for some of your own hypocrisies here.

#1 It is okay for Obama to put Detroit through bankruptcy, which he did -- but it is wrong for Romney to say he would?

#2 So you are admitting that it is admirable to change your position based on your constituency and/or political expediency?

Obama was for Gay Marriage as an Illinois State Legislator out of a Liberal District.

Obama instantly changed his position to be against Gay marriage when he ran as a US Senator and had to appeal to the entire state.

Then Obama put out feelers and only flip flopped back to his original position when political expediency said it would help him out.

Flip flopping for political expediency is admirable you say? Then you can stop being a hypocrite and start ignoring Romney's flip flops. Romney was governor of liberal Massachusetts, then had to appeal to the Santorum-conservative types. That is no different than what Obama did with Gay Marriage.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:09 PM

7,555 posts, read 11,635,930 times
Look at all the Romney trolling say Obama is the biggest flip flopper it is funny how much yall eat and sleep Faux Snooze & Rush. Even Faux Snooze admitted that Romney flip flops way to much. These trolls will never tell you why Romney is so good they will only talk about why Obama is so bad Obama has done a pretty dam good job with all the republicans try to make him a one term president

Old 06-18-2012, 01:14 PM

7,555 posts, read 11,635,930 times

The Ultimate Mitt Romney Flip-Flop Collection - YouTube

Old 06-18-2012, 01:17 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
I've stated that I think Mitt is a good person who is out of touch with reality and the issues facing everyday Americans. His flip flopping scares a lot of voters aenway. I personally think it's for political purposes. Republicans, who is the real Mitt Romney?

100% Proof Mitt Romney Flip Flops Like A Fish On Dry Land - YouTube
While you are asking us to explain how about your explainig what Obama has done and what he plans on doing? His speech the other day had nothing new in it, NADA. Knowing that, I will take my chances with Romney.

Nita

Old 06-18-2012, 01:20 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,926,364 times
Quote:

C) Expand NASA

etc etc etc....

You're spewing what you have been spoon fed.
You can't blame the President for deficits when the Congress denies his plans.

And go line by line? Reduce earmarks? Give the President line veto, and then you might have a point. We aren't that stupid, are we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections