Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 04:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,294,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
It was no worse than Obama's condescending remarks aimed at those who "cling to guns and religion," and he was still easily elected. These things wash off and any potential damage to Romney's campaign by his remarks will have largely vanished by the time the elections roll around.

The difference between Obama's and Romney's remarks? Romney's were caught on hidden camera at a fundraiser while Obama's were made from a podium in front of a crowd.
The actual difference is that Obama's words were never actually reported by the media and Romney's haven't been allowed to die by the same people. Oh there is a lot of difference for those reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Yes, the press had a field day with that "clinging to guns and religion" remark.
You must have been watching Fox and reading some right leaning publications since the MSM dropped that one as fast as could have been done.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Let's evaluate where his standing goes from where it was before his small-minded rant was revealed.
I think you guys and your media helpers have done plenty of that, but how about discussing what the writer of this piece had to say about the social contract. Go ahead and read the link. It won't poison your brain.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Did he realy say it poorly? Look at who he was speaking to at the time. Im betting everyone in that room agreed with him.
My link gentleman said that is was very un PC to say if any lefties ever heard those words.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:09 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,482,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
He didn't say ONLY payroll taxes, he said he paid payroll taxes. Since he also said that he worked for 50 years, I'm going to assume he is retired and no longer working and is therefore falling in the large group of the 47%ers that are the non-working, social security drawing elderly.

He's saying that it's insulting to him to be called a social parasite when he spent 50 years paying into Social Security so that he could draw it now.

Thing is he wasnt being called a parasite. Maybe he just has a low self esteem.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
10 % is 10%, and those aren't the only ones in the 47% that may have been likely Republican voters. He can't afford to lose even 3% at this point.

As far as income goes, it depends on where you live. What is considered middle and upper class here in So. Dak may be considered poverty or low income in other parts of the country. Same with many of the midwestern states.

Face it. That statement is going to cost him votes.
For some reason, this old man who libs are so sure will vote against Romney for those words hasn't changed one bit from all the left leaning talk about how many votes his words cost him. When the truth comes out no matter who speaks the truth it remains true and you people seem to have missed that part.

Read the link I proposed and see how much you disagree with it.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:11 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,176,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
the problem in your argument is if he was in touch he wouldn't have said my job is not to worry about them so either he wasn't thinking about disabled, elderly, etc. thinking they're victims or he doesn't care if they do...it was insulting to me and i'm no fan of either one of them and a proud independent...a lot of people i know that were thinking about voting for him now are not...i don't think either one of them are in touch with people or cares...but at least with Obama we've had almost four years and know wtf we are getting.
I took that comment to be, they aren't going to vote for him, and from a campaign perspective, he was not going to worry about them, and was not going to modify his campaign to try and woo them in.

Again, look at what we have today, the anemic, 1.3% economy on its way into a depression, once you factor in inflation. Remember, the 0bama recovery started in June 2009, and historically speaking, it's the worst we have seen in modern history. I think Cuba's GDP out paced ours.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I thought that denying the ambassador was killed by terrorists was the worst thing a president could do. 2 weeks later and still no recognition of the "T" word.

I can't wait till the debates to see what happens.
Oh, the White House has finally admitted what Jay the Liar said on Monday is true. A little late though. It has come out today that not one FBI man has set foot in Libya, officially, and Obama had promised right from the start that the investigation would be very thorough and fast. I guess the best investigators won't be used on this one.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... you tell us

My Job - Obama for America TV Ad - YouTube

Here's why his comment is stupid: A LOT OF THAT 47% ARE FULL-TIME WORKERS.
That is one helluva campaign ad, but not all of it says words that came from Romney in or out of context.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:15 PM

679 posts, read 615,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Thing is he wasnt being called a parasite. Maybe he just has a low self esteem.
Quote:
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
I can agree that if I paid the government for 50 years that I wasn't only entitled to health care and the money the government paid, but that I had earned those entitlements. Paying taxes for 50 years seems to be pretty deserving of receiving a pension to me and to say that a person that does so is lacking in personal responsibility and just wants money from the government implies they are a parasite and won't do anything to better themselves or care for themselves.

That's insulting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections