Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 09:07 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,348,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I just spent 10 minutes Googling Mr. McIntyre. It seems he does indeed have all sorts of problems with the ASIC. In fact, he's got all sorts of problems with people calling his get-rich-quick investment schemes a scam.

Nice catch artemis! (I wouldn't have bothered to look up McIntyre but, mercy, I'm glad you clued us in. He's got all kinds of people unhappy with him. So much for listening to him as any kind of an expert.)
Wonder what Roy will have to say about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 09:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,328,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wonder what Roy will have to say about that?
I hope we find out.

Because the author of the article with the handy link would probably be selling Ginsu knives on TV if he was an American.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:17 PM

89,673 posts, read 45,290,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
I think its funny that you want a definition of "fair share" when the reason the poster even said fair share was because he was using Your words.
So... liberals' definition of "fair share" is what?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 PM

3,622 posts, read 3,907,381 times
It was dumb for a couple reasons.

First, there are people who don't pay income taxes who vote republican. Insulting people you need to turn out is never a good idea.

Second, it alienates people who usually or used to pay income taxes and are solid republican or swing voters but don't right now. The elderly, temporarily unemployed, etc.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
Other than the reciting the 47 % number like every grade schooler can do, all the rest is grossly unintelleligent, uneducated and political suicidal , stupid and mean spirit.
It's not f-a-i-r that the other 47% are expected to pay federal income tax to support this country, too. Waaaaah

They should get it all for f-r-e-e.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
"I can't make them take responsibility or care for their lives." .... How can you read that and not see and hear the belittling condescension?
Can Obama make them take responsibility or care for their lives?

If so, why hasn't he yet?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not f-a-i-r that the other 47% are expected to pay federal income tax to support this country, too. Waaaaah

They should get it all for f-r-e-e.
Completely aside from Romney's politically ill-advised comment, and also putting aside any concerns about fairness (in either the way conservatives or liberals frame it), do you legitimately think a large portion of the electorate getting heavily subsidized by the state while not paying substantial taxes is healthy for the long term functioning of a nation as both a strong economy and a democracy?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Untrue! From looking at your link, assuming these people were telling the truth about their income, the vote was evenly split among voters making >$50K, even when those making >$100K were looked at separately.
It is true. The numbers of Democrats are heavily weighted to the low-income by the 73% of those who earn $15,000 or less and the 60% of those who earn $15,000-$30,000. Most of those who vote for Democrats are low-income.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Completely aside from Romney's politically ill-advised comment, and also putting aside any concerns about fairness (in either the way conservatives or liberals frame it), do you legitimately think a large portion of the electorate getting heavily subsidized by the state while not paying substantial taxes is healthy for the long term functioning of a nation as both a strong economy and a democracy?
Of course not. You'd know that if you've read my posts.

The economy will collapse under the crushing weight of the freeloaders. Guess who that will hurt the most?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Of course not. You'd know that if you've read my posts.

The economy will collapse under the crushing weight of the freeloaders. Guess who that will hurt the most?
Yup, that was a reading comprehension fail on my part.

Time to stop alternating between trying to be productive / successfully procrastinating on C-D and go to bed I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections