Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 07:54 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times

Advertisements

Accurized to say...

"Paul Ryan sprays some water on already washed pots and pans in a lame attempt to appear 'helpful' to a nonpartisan charity soup kitchen which really didn't want him there."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 08:07 AM

6,161 posts, read 7,235,254 times
Default Ryan was not authorized to be in soup kitchen

Ryan is in a little hot water or should I say hot soup over an unauthorized visit to a soup kitchen. Ryan was there for a photo op where pictures were taken of him washing dishes. Ryan was not authorized to be on the premises and "did nothing" while there.

"Brian J. Antag, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society in Youngstown, told the Washington Post that the Romney campaign had not asked to make the Saturday visit to the soup kitchen. He said that he runs an apolitical faith-based organization which has bylaws barring it from hosting political candidates, and that the visit jeopardized donations from private individuals."

"They showed up there and they did not have permission," he said. "They got one of the volunteers to open up the doors." Antag added that Ryan and his family "did nothing" while on the premises.

"He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall," he said."

This guy is just as phony as Mitt Romney. Geezz what a sham.

Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen photo-op - CBS News

Old 10-16-2012, 08:12 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,412,550 times
Wow! A politician doing a photo-op where he pretends to do something? What politician hasn't done this? You dems and reps are getting mighty petty in your bid to get your particular phony in the WH.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
They are completely shameless. The whole lot of them.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:19 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,958,441 times
Oh noes!!! Someone call the cops!

Old 10-16-2012, 08:25 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Many people are now volunterring in soup kitchens. My hubby and I do it since our church started one. They ask for volunteers and we do it through our church. I would say Ryan and his family are doing the same thing. This goes on all year long. For those who are gripping why don't you find a place to volunteer and help instead of wasting your time here?
My question is: why didn't Ryan do some real volunteer work instead of a photo op? Next, Ryan will pretend to feed the hungry.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Accurized to say...

"Paul Ryan sprays some water on already washed pots and pans in a lame attempt to appear 'helpful' to a nonpartisan charity soup kitchen which really didn't want him there."
I might add: Ryan wasted water and soap at an organization that depends on donations. Why didn't Ryan just get out his checkbook instead?

Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I love that the libs criticize Romney for giving $4 Million to charity and Ryan for helping in a soup kitchen.

Obama & Biden gave almost none of their money to charity before being elected. Apparently rhetoric without action is what impresses libs.

I'll go with the guys who actually give their own money and time.
No, action without expectation of reward is what impresses us.
Just once, let's see one of your guys give without writing it off.
Just once.

As for this clear act of desperation on the part of Mr. Ryan - shameless, simply shameless.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:40 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,247,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I might add: Ryan wasted water and soap at an organization that depends on donations. Why didn't Ryan just get out his checkbook instead?
Because it was a propaganda photo-op. The campaign staff probably thought this one up trying to say to people, oh, look, good 'ol paul is a common man just like you are! not.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
how long did it take for you to come up with that bs? A photo op is a photo op.. PERIOD... They are ALL FAKE!!..

What BS?

They aren't all fake, just this one.

Ryan Campaign Forced its Way into Soup Kitchen for Fake Photo Op, Jeopardized Charity's Funding | Alternet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections