Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:39 PM

993 posts, read 832,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I'll accept that Democrats of the past were the backbone of institutionalized racism, but they had to be voted into office first.

So who are the people that voted the racist Democrats of the Civil Rights into office voting for these days...
The ones who were racist then and still racist now vote democrat unless they bought into the lie that they are selling about wanting to help people. They are not interested in helping minorities and poor people achieve anything except for dependence on them so they can keep their votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Maybe I got mixed up. The point I was trying to make is that every Presidential election since 1968, I've noticed that the southern strategy has been used by Republican candidates, appealing to segregationist politicians that were still existent.
Can you give specific examples of this strategy and the segregationists?

Old 10-17-2012, 01:45 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,118,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
The ones who were racist then and still racist now vote democrat unless they bought into the lie that they are selling about wanting to help people. They are not interested in helping minorities and poor people achieve anything except for dependence on them so they can keep their votes.
Lol... now you're just lying. Find me the last White Supremacist to run under the Democrat banner. I bet I can name more White Supremacist in the last year to run under the Republican banner.

This is how I know Republicans like you are full of chit. Even when it comes to something as easily provable as which party do White Supremacist support, you will still flat out lie...

Old 10-17-2012, 01:48 PM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Can you give specific examples of this strategy and the segregationists?
Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-17-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... now you're just lying. Find me the last White Supremacist to run under the Democrat banner. I bet I can name more White Supremacist in the last year to run under the Republican banner.

This is how I know Republicans like you are full of chit. Even when it comes to something as easily provable as which party do White Supremacist support, you will still flat out lie...
The funny thing is, you think you have to be white to be a racist and you forget about all the Black Supremacists or whatever you want to call them, like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the like, who are, of course, democrats. Just the fact that you posted what you did shows your lopsided view of racism.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:54 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,118,342 times
Quote:
The funny thing is, you think you have to be white to be a racist and you forget about all the Black Supremacists or whatever you want to call them, like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the like, who are, of course, democrats. Just the fact that you posted what you did shows your lopsided view of racism.
Lol... so now "Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the like" voted Democrat in the pre-Civil Rights Era...

Old 10-17-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I stopped reading this wiki-sh*t-ia after this part:
In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to the Republican Party strategy of gaining political support or winning elections in the Southern section of the country by implicitly appealing to racism against African Americans. Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery prior to the American Civil War
You have got to be kidding me. Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. Republicans are the ones who want miniorities and poor people to work hard, be educated, and make something of themselves. Democrats want to give them a hand-out so and make them think they can't make it without the government, wo they will get their votes. NOT being racist means you're "color blind," but democrats see color in just about everything they say and do and try to figure out how to use it to their advantage.

You need to know you can't believe everything you read in wikipedia. The comments are approved by liberals.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:14 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,839,023 times
why are white male republicans obsessed with blacks and how they vote.

my vote is nobodys business and i can vote however i want for whatever reason. simple as that.

how many threads have there been about southern white males who vote in upwards of 80-85 percent for whites? maybe 1 or 2.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 PM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
I stopped reading this wiki-sh*t-ia after this part:
In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to the Republican Party strategy of gaining political support or winning elections in the Southern section of the country by implicitly appealing to racism against African Americans. Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery prior to the American Civil War
You have got to be kidding me. Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. Republicans are the ones who want miniorities and poor people to work hard, be educated, and make something of themselves. Democrats want to give them a hand-out so and make them think they can't make it without the government, wo they will get their votes. NOT being racist means you're "color blind," but democrats see color in just about everything they say and do and try to figure out how to use it to their advantage.

You need to know you can't believe everything you read in wikipedia. The comments are approved by liberals.
Well, where does wikipedia get its sources?

Old 10-17-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Well, where does wikipedia get its sources?
From people who have prejudices and perceptions from all sides, but the people who approve the content have proven to me that they are liberal.

I saw on another article today that it said the Civil Rights Act was passed by LBJ and "the democrats," and as I showed you earlier, a higher percentage of Republicans voted for it than democrats.

You should have seen what was happening on wikipedia in the first week or two after the Libya attacks on 9/11/12. I watched the changes and saw their bias exposed day after day. Right after it became known the video excuse was fabricated, it said "media sources" blamed the attacks on a video. I did a search to make sure I wasn't missing it and there was not one single mention of Obama, White House, the administration, president, or even the white house press secretary. It might be there now since everything is coming to light, but I don't know and don't care to waste my time on that site. For that reason, I won't trust wikipedia ever again, but will use it for just another form of reference to weigh against others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections