Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 07:04 PM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickeyDuck View Post
Why Blacks Left The Republican Party - Ezkool

I thought you might find this interesting!!!
it's funny how things have flip plopped
It's nothing new. I've known this. Alot of people don't believe it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,227,465 times
I was actually thinking that perhaps Obama's blackness is costing him some votes of certain Democrats that would vote for a white guy, but may be reluctant to vote for a black one (despite presence of reassuring traditional white guy Biden on the ticket). GWB got 9% of black vote in 2000 and 11% in 2004; McCain took 5% in 2008; I doubt Romney will get much more than McCain, but it will be higher than 0%. We'll have to see.

If Romney loses in 2012 by more than McCain lost in 2008, then future Republican presidential prospects look pretty bleak indeed once a white man (or woman) is on the ticket to reclaim the reluctant whites while retaining the usual high percentage of blacks and other minorities. Not to overvalue race, but, it's hard to ignore numbers like that.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:21 PM

993 posts, read 832,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hullo View Post
I would do more research on this subject my friend.

Plan for the Great Society “to have them n___ers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years.” ~President Johnson
OMG! I did not know he said that! I just looked it up. That's pathetic.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,374,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
. They've painted Blacks as lazy, dependents and openly welcome anti-Black groups into their fold.
Link? Example? Excuse me if I decline to hold my breath.

Sorry but is your party that consistently espouses racism. Examples: Spike Lee who "looks daggers" at interracial couples, Danny K Davis who advises that chickens lead chickens and turkeys lead turkeys (i.e. blacks should lead blacks and whites should lead whites), or the many people who labeled Stacey Dash a 'sellout' because she didn't vote based on skin tone.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:06 AM

67 posts, read 126,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
You can't argue with 0%.

Especially considering the fact that well over half of voters, regardless of race, are ignorant of most domestic issues.

To say that 0% is anything but overt racism, would be suggesting that 100% of your voting base is educated on domestic policy, and have a unified front on their stances - which we all know damn well is laughable.

But let's continue with the left-wing narrative, "Republicans have a monopoly on racism".
I really think you should educate you self about this issue a little further. The democratic party is historically the most racist organization this country has ever known.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
When I think of racists, the first person that comes to my mind is Farrakhan (Nation of Islam). He openly states that white people should be killed. That scares the hell outta me as a white person.

Likewise, I can only imagine how terrifying it would be to black folks to hear a powerful white leader state that blacks should be killed.

However, I don't know of any leaders who have made threats against black people. Farrakhan is the only person I know of who is a leader of a big group (and religious, at that!) who actually espouses killing white people. Farrakhan was recently here in Charlotte for the Million Man March. So we are not talking about a nobody with some fringers following him. We are talking about an influential black leader.

I will stand corrected if anyone can point out a white Republican leader (not some skinhead fringer) who advocates killing black people.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
My opinion and it is just that, an opinion has always been: blacks are much more racists than whites and liberals are much more biggotted against others than conservatives are. That being said, my guess, the blacks might very well, not come out to vote like they did in 2008. First they accomplished what they wanted, they got a black man elected and that is ok: I understand, but that black man hasn't really made a huge difference in their lives, so why bother. Add to that, anyone who really thinks 0% of the blacks vote Republican need to really pay attention.....of course the majority do vote Democrat but there are a lot of blacks, especially the educated and the military that will support the GOP.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,839,023 times
i hesitate to vote romney because he only seems to associate himself with whites. i was proud bush appointed powell and rice to important positions in his cabinet.

i doubt romney will.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i hesitate to vote romney because he only seems to associate himself with whites. i was proud bush appointed powell and rice to important positions in his cabinet.

i doubt romney will.
you have absolutely no way of knowing who he will appoint....absolutely NONE!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:40 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,839,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you have absolutely no way of knowing who he will appoint....absolutely NONE!!!
like i said. look he hangs around with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections