Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 11:42 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you have absolutely no way of knowing who he will appoint....absolutely NONE!!!
We have absolutely no way of knowing anything about Romney's intentions in office because he keeps changing his story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 11:43 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Blacks marginalize themselves with their voting patterns why folks care about it on here is beyond me. Both parties can maneuver around the increasingly irrelevant Black vote. Best to focus on White and Hispanic voting patterns to get a clue about this race.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:10 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Blacks marginalize themselves with their voting patterns why folks care about it on here is beyond me. Both parties can maneuver around the increasingly irrelevant Black vote. Best to focus on White and Hispanic voting patterns to get a clue about this race.
didnt you say you were black?

Old 10-22-2012, 12:18 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
didnt you say you were black?
Yup I am if a group of people are so predictable about their vote politicians will simply work around them not for them. It's common sense really an observation not contigent on my race.

As a Black Romney supporter I realize I'm a statistical aberration I can deal with that, lol.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:22 PM

288 posts, read 283,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
When I think of racists, the first person that comes to my mind is Farrakhan (Nation of Islam). He openly states that white people should be killed. That scares the hell outta me as a white person.

Likewise, I can only imagine how terrifying it would be to black folks to hear a powerful white leader state that blacks should be killed.

However, I don't know of any leaders who have made threats against black people. Farrakhan is the only person I know of who is a leader of a big group (and religious, at that!) who actually espouses killing white people. Farrakhan was recently here in Charlotte for the Million Man March. So we are not talking about a nobody with some fringers following him. We are talking about an influential black leader.

I will stand corrected if anyone can point out a white Republican leader (not some skinhead fringer) who advocates killing black people.

You still spreading that lie? When did he say kill white people? I have never heard him say kill all white people,what I do know is that he has a strong dislike for white supremacist are you one of those?

Old 10-22-2012, 01:26 PM

288 posts, read 283,299 times
I wish the republicans on this forum would get over who blacks want to vote for. We as people can vote for whomever we see fit, just like you can. Quit starting all of these race baiting threads,there is nothing any of you can say to change our minds..

Old 10-25-2012, 09:46 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,453,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
I wish the republicans on this forum would get over who blacks want to vote for. We as people can vote for whomever we see fit, just like you can. Quit starting all of these race baiting threads,there is nothing any of you can say to change our minds..
Like "dog whistles", it's part of the "new and improved" (aka, "socially acceptable") form of racism, invented by the infamous "Southern Strategy", which Lee Atwater admitted to in a 1981 interview, and then again on his deathbed when he is also said to have asked Black Americans for their forgiveness.

''You start out in 1954 by saying, 'n*gger, n*gger, n*gger.' By 1968 you can't say 'n*gger' -- that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites.

''And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me -- because obviously sitting around saying, 'We want to cut this,' is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than 'n*gger, n*gger.'''

Old 10-25-2012, 10:11 PM

22,181 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Few things

1. Romney won't get 0% of the black vote. One thing to keep in mind is the sub sets of any polls will always have a much smaller sample size than the poll itself and have much higher margin of error as a result. Romney will do very poorly with blacks, but he will get more than 0%

2. Blacks have been voting Democratic pretty strongly since FDR, and at a very heavy clip since LBJ. Clinton, Gore and Kerry all ranged from the high 80's to low 90's, Black Republicans going up against white Democrats have gotten demolished with the black vote (Steele against Cardin in MD, Swann vs Rendell in PA, Blackwell vs Strickland in Ohio)

3. Pre CRA there were two very distinct wings of the Democratic Party, A liberal northern wing, and a southern conservative wing. The liberal northern wing was strongly in favor, the conservative southern wing strongly against. The GOP then played up the southern strategy

Old 10-26-2012, 09:15 AM

72,983 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yup I am if a group of people are so predictable about their vote politicians will simply work around them not for them. It's common sense really an observation not contigent on my race.

As a Black Romney supporter I realize I'm a statistical aberration I can deal with that, lol.
Have you ever asked this: What helps YOU? If neither political party cares about you, then what is going to help you?

Old 10-26-2012, 01:04 PM

67 posts, read 126,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Like "dog whistles", it's part of the "new and improved" (aka, "socially acceptable") form of racism, invented by the infamous "Southern Strategy", which Lee Atwater admitted to in a 1981 interview, and then again on his deathbed when he is also said to have asked Black Americans for their forgiveness.

''You start out in 1954 by saying, 'n*gger, n*gger, n*gger.' By 1968 you can't say 'n*gger' -- that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites.

''And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me -- because obviously sitting around saying, 'We want to cut this,' is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than 'n*gger, n*gger.'''
What the hell are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections