Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 04:56 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,961,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
The point is that it is ALL about race. Mitt Romney was not a very likeable guy until he became The Great White Hope. There are plenty of old posts that prove that this is true. Now that there is only one person in the world who can "beat", as someone else called him, Barack Hussein Obama, suddenly Romeny is a great guy. How did that happen? How did a guy with zero likeability suddenly become likeable? When it became obvious to a lot of you people that it was either going to be Romney or four more years of the other guy... And by other guy I think you know what I mean.

I would vote for my Golden Retriever over Obama. Don't you realize that your man is a dud? You can't get any worse than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 05:13 PM

9 posts, read 5,779 times
obama claims to be the great hero for women & tries to convince women & voters Republicans are always waging war on women. With obama, biden, & his clan believing Americans are so dumb to not see what the are doing, they & they alone are to blame for more & more of their supporters walking away.
The latest mantra of obama & clan has been Rape, Rape & we once again have obama & clan riding in on their white horse to the rescue, eh? But wait!
MTV is invited to do an interview with obama & believing it is a great way to rant even more on Republicans, obama jumps on it.
MTV has had charges against them with their reality shows regarding rape, a few different times, with some still pending. In one of the cases where a young woman was raped during the filming of a show, the cameras continued to roll! How sick is that? And another incident, WHILE CAMERAS continued to roll a young woman passed out from drinking was stripped naked & sexually abused for some time, including with her toothbrush then it was placed back in hopes she would use it the following day. But one of the other females informed her what happened & in fairness to MTV producers if they even are deserving of fairness, they did have the toothbrush replaced so she would not have a chance to use it.
When the head of MTV was asked his feelings on the subject or if he was even aware of this. He stated he was & his response: "she asked for it".
Women ask to be raped while they are passed out or any other time? How sick can one be?
Is any vote worth this?
I do not believe it is or even has been an issue about obama's race, it is & has always been about who obama is as a person. Morals & values is something I believe obama has no idea the meaning of.
Did I mention Romney has this election hands down?

Old 10-27-2012, 05:13 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times
Quote:
I am going to stand by my opinion that people not voting for President Obama are doing so because of at least some minimal racial issues. Herman Cain supporters can prove me wrong if they can convince me that he had a plan. I need to know that at least some of you Republicans were willing to vote for an African-American. This is your chance to convince me.
I don't for a minute believe that everyone who is voting for Mr. Romney is doing so because they are racist. Undoubtedly there are some, but that's much too broad a brush to apply, and I understand why many take issue with that.

But apart from that, it is interesting to witness the level of support Romney is getting here. Anyone who was here on C-D during the primaries will recall the very distinct lack of support for Romney from the majority of right-leaning posters; in fact, there was a lot of vitriol sent his way here on the board. I would say that at the beginning of the primary season, Romney enjoyed the least amount of support of any of the candidates, and by a far margin. The things posted about him here by posters on the right were not nice.

And yet, many of the same posters who were the most vocal in denigrating Romney six months ago, on everything from Romneycare to immigration to his many changes in position, are his biggest supporters here now. Let me reiterate that while for some it is racial, I think there's a distinct "anybody but Obama" mindset that has nothing to do with race, and which I can fully understand. I voted for Kerry for a similar reason. But I don't recall seeing the same level of enthusiasm among my fellow Democrats for our "anybody but Bush" candidate as we're seeing here for Romney, even though there was never the same amount of outright hatred directed toward Kerry during the Democratic primaries as there was towards Romney.

It is curious. And I think it's one of the factors that make many people think it must be about race.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:15 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,620 times
My dear friend, I think you have it backwards, possibly without even knowing it. I liked John McCain, but did not think he had the material to be President. I had planned to vote for Hillary Clinton in 2008--had no doubt she would be her party's nomination. Myself and one other listmate that I can remember, LauraC, both expressed shock at the lies generated by Obama about her. I bought Obama's book and read it cover to cover. I examined his voting record, studied how he was actually told how to vote by his mentors in Congress, how he was given bills to sponsor, because early on he was being prepared for the Presidency because he was African American. He was described as one of the most liberal in Congress. I did not at all appreciate his position on abortion, and was concerned at his promises to NOW to pass legislation if he was elected. He did not keep that promise, thankfully.

I challenge you to study Obama's history in Congress, who his mentors were and why. They themselves focused on him because of his race, not me.

Quote:
I am going to stand by my opinion that people not voting for President Obama are doing so because of at least some minimal racial issues. Herman Cain supporters can prove me wrong if they can convince me that he had a plan. I need to know that at least some of you Republicans were willing to vote for an African-American. This is your chance to convince me.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:16 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,931,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swansea View Post
Did I mention Romney has this election hands down?
Go ahead and mention it. Tell us how a guy who can't take a legitimate lead in Ohio, Iowa, Nevada, Michigan, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, or Florida can possibly win.

Fox News and Rasmussen are NOT sources.

What do you have NOW?

Old 10-27-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
The point is that it is ALL about race. Mitt Romney was not a very likeable guy until he became The Great White Hope. There are plenty of old posts that prove that this is true. Now that there is only one person in the world who can "beat", as someone else called him, Barack Hussein Obama, suddenly Romeny is a great guy. How did that happen? How did a guy with zero likeability suddenly become likeable? When it became obvious to a lot of you people that it was either going to be Romney or four more years of the other guy... And by other guy I think you know what I mean.
Bllack people say they will not vote for obama, liberals claim they are acting white. Whites say they are not going to vote for obama, liberals say they are racist.
This will end soon when Romney wins this election & liberals can look in a mirror & call themselves the racist.

The country had no reason to like or know Romney before he became, (as you say), the great white hope, oh & using that word "white" shows it is about race with liberals as none of us call Romney this), the Republican nominee. This is NOT uncommon for any first term people running for office, this is the purpose of campaigning,
Using this race issue again, have you run out of other excuses & back to the start?

Last edited by Swansea; 10-27-2012 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: forgot to include a word

Old 10-27-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Bllack people say they will not vote for obama, liberals claim they are acting white. Whites say they are not going to vote for obama, liberals say they are racist.
This will end soon when Romney wins this election & liberals can look in a mirror & call themselves the racist.

The country had no reason to like or know Romney before he became, (as you say), the great white hope, oh & using that word "white" shows it is about race with liberals as none of us call Romney this), the Republican nominee. This is NOT uncommon for any first term people running for office, this is the purpose of campaigning,
Using this race issue again, have you run out of other excuses & back to the start?
ALL of the black people I know are voting for President Obama.
After years and years of you telling them that you don't want anything to do with them... Shocker! They are not going to help you beat one of their own in a Presidential Election.
Ask ANY black person here and you will see that I am right. I know this because I can promise you that I know more black people than you do.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Go ahead and mention it. Tell us how a guy who can't take a legitimate lead in Ohio, Iowa, Nevada, Michigan, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, or Florida can possibly win.

Fox News and Rasmussen are NOT sources.

What do you have NOW?

Liberals use the words: race, Fox News, Rasmussen, over & over. Do you not have any new words?

Here is a news flash for you, info can be gathered by researching instead of a media source, so try turning off msnbc, do a bit of searching & you may learn something.

What do you have NOW??? hahaha, that is an original

Please do tell me where you got your info if not from msnbc? Do you have any facts to believe obama will win or is this just what you were told?
Did I mention, Romney is our next President!!

Old 10-27-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Liberals use the words: race, Fox News, Rasmussen, over & over. Do you not have any new words?

Here is a news flash for you, info can be gathered by researching instead of a media source, so try turning off msnbc, do a bit of searching & you may learn something.

What do you have NOW??? hahaha, that is an original

Please do tell me where you got your info if not from msnbc? Do you have any facts to believe obama will win or is this just what you were told?
Did I mention, Romney is our next President!!
I am not a liberal and I do not watch MSNBC. Romney is not going to be your next president, and here I am, a non-liberal, non-MSNBC viewer, and I'm telling you this with 100% confidence. Every other place that you don't get your news from is telling the rest of the world that Romney has less than a 23% chance of winning. That means he is going to LOSE! Do you understand that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:33 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,961,338 times
Quote:
ALL of the black people I know are voting for President Obama.
After years and years of you telling them that you don't want anything to do with them... Shocker! They are not going to help you beat one of their own in a Presidential Election.
Ask ANY black person here and you will see that I am right. I know this because I can promise you that I know more black people than you do.

Do you even realize that Obama is as much white as he is black? So why do you claim him as black? We can claim that he is white then.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections