Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 01:36 PM

399 posts, read 705,571 times

Advertisements

I'll be happy when it's all over with. Then it will be interesting to see the posts then. LOL. Good or bad, I hope they are different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Count me too. I'll come back and post more often after the elections. Almost every other thread is either Romney or Obama and what they've done or what they will do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 03:02 PM

63,004 posts, read 29,194,251 times
I'll be glad to see the mud slinging coming to an end from both sides. I guess no matter who is elected though the other side will continue to sling mud for the next four years. It's an endless cycle of schoolyard childishness from supposed grownups.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:04 PM

7,185 posts, read 4,772,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Is it just me or is any one else sick and tired of all the political signs, debates and annoying ads plastered all over the radio and TV. The time, energy and the money spent is INCREDIBLE !
It seems like they have been going on and on for years at this point.
Won't it be nice to wake up the day after and have silence.
I don't know what the media will talk about but as long as it is not politics I will be happy.
I for one wold like to hear more about the Patriots heading toward the Superbowl or even about a poor kitten that was rescued from a well. NO more Politics please!
Yes, well, one can only hope. I already sent in my ballot. Hopefully I won't be getting any more phone calls

Old 10-31-2012, 03:05 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,701,155 times
Me as well. I'm absolutely sick of political ads. I live in the DC Metropolitan Area TV and radio markets, which includes Northern Virginia. I've heard and seen so much stuff about how Romney/Obama will be awesome/horrible for Virginia, and plenty of stuff about the Senatorial election for VA as well. I'm a freakin' Marylander, I don't care!!!!

Old 10-31-2012, 03:08 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,400,054 times
I will be so happy. I don't want to see or hear another vapid political ad for a long time.

16,042 posts, read 21,984,161 times
Regardless of who wins, imo, I expect we'll be back to the same-old. I do not expect much to happen that's different than right now...the rich getting richer, the poor getting poorer, and the planet getting sicker. I'm an optimist at heart, but not in these areas. I doubt either candidate will make things better. They will most likely make things generally worse.

8,560 posts, read 11,221,957 times
I'm not tired of it but I set my attention span to 'Take it slow' several weeks ago. Suddenly it's only six more days. And here in Texas - at least on my satellite - I don't get a lot of political ads. So I come here to get the UTube links.

I am kind of tired of the gold and silver ads.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:13 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,799,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The States control the elections, not the federal government.
I can remember an occasion where the Federal Government controlled an election:

Bush v. Gore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just sayin'

It was a shocker that the SCOTUS stepped in.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:15 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,370,836 times
I voted for Paul in the primary so I had to dirty myself and register as a {R}, I can change back to LP in the general. But since I am a registered {R} the last couple of days I am getting phone calls from Mittens. One in the am and one in the pm. I can not stand Mittens or most {R}s and been thinking about calling the police and filing a complaint on Mittens for telephone harassment.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:23 PM

876 posts, read 709,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Is it just me or is any one else sick and tired of all the political signs, debates and annoying ads plastered all over the radio and TV. The time, energy and the money spent is INCREDIBLE !
It seems like they have been going on and on for years at this point.
Won't it be nice to wake up the day after and have silence.
I don't know what the media will talk about but as long as it is not politics I will be happy.
I for one wold like to hear more about the Patriots heading toward the Superbowl or even about a poor kitten that was rescued from a well. NO more Politics please!

It would be nice. But, it will not happen on Nov 7, unfortunately. As soon as someone is announced as president, the lawyers will come out. This will get even uglier than it ever has been. One of these guys is going to have to win by a landslide for there not to be legal issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections