Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:12 AM

751 posts, read 1,182,448 times

Advertisements

So far, I think Obama is the best candidate.I did not know much about Hillary's character but after I watched the first debate, it became clear to me that her character is very flawed and she is a very dishonest person

I watched Mitt Romney on Meet the Press this past Sunday and I cannot think of a more contradicting, hypocritical, typical BS politician

He went as far as saying that he wept when found out that the Mormon religion was going to start allowing blacks in 1978 LOL. So full of crap, anyways I do not trust Mitt at all or any of the other Republican candidates, except maybe Ron Paul(although I do not think he has a chance)

Who do you support and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 07:50 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,149,573 times
I think I support Obama at this point, but I'm probably being hasty because I don't know enough about him to really support him. Hillary really irks me. I might agree with her on a lot of issues, but I don't see how it matters, because I figure she's being insincere in whatever she expresses. Even so, I don't agree with everything Obama believes, either.

Not sure that I would consider voting for him, but I'm kind of intrigued by Ron Paul right now. I guess there's no way he'll stay in the race anyway, though.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:00 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,184,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Not sure that I would consider voting for him, but I'm kind of intrigued by Ron Paul right now. I guess there's no way he'll stay in the race anyway, though.
Not with that attitude. If everyone who says I would vote for him but I don't think he has a chance would actually vote in their primary, he would have a chance. Not attacking you personally, but the mindset that makes people vote for those they think have a chance, instead of the best candidate.

edit: or who they think is the best candidate.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:07 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,805,744 times
I am supporting Obama and I could support Edwards too. I cannot support Hillary simply because of the past. I do not really want the Clintons back in the White House because, while she says she can get change done, the fact is that she will be mired in scandles from day one just as her husband was his last 3 years and nothing will get done. She has too much of a past with White Water, the Rose Law Firm and the Travel Office scandle and she is too polarizing. What Obama lacks in experience, he more than makes up for in intelligence and charactor and he is one of the few candidates that, when he makes a mistake, he admits it and learns from it.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:35 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,689,458 times
Well none of the Dem candidates seem to be for the American people, and I do not like most of the Repubs. either. But so far the only two I can come close to supporting is Romney or Paul.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:37 AM

751 posts, read 1,182,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Well none of the Dem candidates seem to be for the American people, and I do not like most of the Repubs. either. But so far the only two I can come close to supporting is Romney or Paul.
Well, what makes you think that Obama is not for the people? I like his ideas and although I am very skeptical of any politician's rhetoric, his "crap" appears to be honest.He might not be all that he is trying to sell but I feel like he might be genuine If I had to give someone a chance, it would be Obama. All the others like Romney, Giuliani and Hillary are just your typical politicians.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Well, what makes you think that Obama is not for the people? I like his ideas and although I am very skeptical of any politician's rhetoric, his "crap" appears to be honest.He might not be all that he is trying to sell but I feel like he might be genuine If I had to give someone a chance, it would be Obama. All the others like Romney, Giuliani and Hillary are just your typical politicians.
Honestly, he is better than Hillary and Giuliani or Edwards and Mccain. But honestly, while many are focused on the war in Iraq, I am more based on the home issues. Number one being illegal immigration and in some of his speeches he has seemed to put them before the Citizens. I dont like his position on that issue. But if it came down to it he would get my vote before Hillary and a few others. And second, all the stupid fighting between him and Hillary and their petty ways puts me off.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:57 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,899,100 times
I am voting for Ron Paul because he doesn't pander for corporate "sponsorship" and represents the interests of the people's freedom and preserving our rights. None of the other candidates have done this in the past and, to me, freedom is just too important for my children and their own children in the future. For me to sit back and let the politicians tear our rights and freedom apart would be amoral of me. Government responsibility is to maintain a strong national defense and preserving our future, not for dictating how we live and how much we owe them to line the pockets of corporate corruption. The people should be the president's boss not the other way around. Woohoo! Ron Paul!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am voting for Ron Paul because he doesn't pander for corporate "sponsorship" and represents the interests of freedom and preserving our rights. None of the other candidates have done this in the past and freedom is just too important for my children and their own children in the future, for me to sit back and let the politicians tear it apart. Government responsibility is to maintain a strong national defense and preserving our future, not for dictating how we live and how much we owe them. The people should be the president's boss not the other way around. Woohoo! Ron Paul!
I agree, I have yet to see a candidate want to return America to the people instead of letting the Corporations run it. Which is exactly what we have now. . Instead of keeping jobs and manufacturing at home, we support out sourcing. I can hardly find anything made here anymore, which is sad and setting us up.I also like his stance on immigration and letting the states handle some issues. SO right now Ron Paul is getting my vote.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:05 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,771,673 times
I support the huckster but only because I'm a Homer Arkansan. I would support Ron Paul if:
1) He had some charisma and
2) He would say something in debates other than "Bring our boys home now!" Ok Ok I know he occassionally says something else but in the last IA debate, he seemed to try to answer most every question by coming back to that.

RP's true conservative platform is the only hope we have to return our country to what I view as our true ideals but I'm afraid he lacks the charisma, credentials, and strength of personality to be any more than a whipping boy should he actually win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections