Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 10:12 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,586,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
If you say so. Meanwhile, the Dems are offering serious candidates, who were or are seasoned high-ranking and respected officials in the government. The GOP is offering either people who have no experience at all in the government, who boast platitudes and simplistic solutions to complex problems -- or, those who are in the government, are among the bunch of extremists shunned by their own party, with the exception of John Kasich, who is ranking low in GOP polls.
So are you saying that you support more of the same old politics as usual by your tired old democrats vs any attempt at new blood and ideas? Just to hold onto perceived power?

Remember, your "high ranking and respected" officials are those who got us, at least in part, to the crappy situation that we find ourselves in now. And you want to continue on with no change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Wow, so much false in one post, congratulations.
So you have no defense for the charges, just deny them. Compelling argument

Old 10-02-2015, 01:55 PM

19,792 posts, read 14,006,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
So are you saying that you support more of the same old politics as usual by your tired old democrats vs any attempt at new blood and ideas? Just to hold onto perceived power?

Remember, your "high ranking and respected" officials are those who got us, at least in part, to the crappy situation that we find ourselves in now. And you want to continue on with no change?
No, what I am saying is that the current Democratic potential candidates represent ideas that align with the values of most Americans, namely, a free market economy that has a safety net for those that fall through the cracks; social services for the elderly and disabled; publicly supported health care; judicious foreign intervention; graduated progressive income taxes that tax the wealthy higher than the middle-class, and government has a responsibility to set the rules of the road for businesses.

On social issues, they believe in the right of people to marry, regardless of gender. They believe in a woman's reproductive rights.

Those ideas may seem "tired" to you but your alternative is a bunch of inexperienced clowns that believe taxing the wealthy to support others, no matter how needy, amounts to theft and see taxes and regulation as tyrannical impositions on liberty. If given the chance, they'd gut the social safety net and slash taxes on the wealthy, creating a greater deficit, while chirping the depravity of deficits. They have nothing to offer but platitudes (e.g. I'll make America great) but offer no practical plans that survive scrutiny.

Last edited by MTAtech; 10-02-2015 at 03:00 PM..

Old 10-02-2015, 04:32 PM

3,830 posts, read 5,408,521 times
The way the bad news keeps up for Hillary, they're going to have to hold the Dem debates in her jail cell while she awaits trial.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:35 PM

3,830 posts, read 5,408,521 times
Quote:
On social issues, they believe in the right of people to marry, regardless of gender.
This is B.S. In several states homosexual marriage lost in democractic elections, but were overturned by liberal judges. When you left wingers don't get what you want you file lawsuits and wear people out. Why don't you people get productive jobs? Suing working Americans for your left-wing lifestyle is not productive IMHO.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
No, what I am saying is that the current Democratic potential candidates represent ideas that align with the values of most Americans, namely, a free market economy that has a safety net for those that fall through the cracks; social services for the elderly and disabled; publicly supported health care; judicious foreign intervention; graduated progressive income taxes that tax the wealthy higher than the middle-class, and government has a responsibility to set the rules of the road for businesses.

On social issues, they believe in the right of people to marry, regardless of gender. They believe in a woman's reproductive rights.

Those ideas may seem "tired" to you but your alternative is a bunch of inexperienced clowns that believe taxing the wealthy to support others, no matter how needy, amounts to theft and see taxes and regulation as tyrannical impositions on liberty. If given the chance, they'd gut the social safety net and slash taxes on the wealthy, creating a greater deficit, while chirping the depravity of deficits. They have nothing to offer but platitudes (e.g. I'll make America great) but offer no practical plans that survive scrutiny.
Have you even listened to Bernie Sanders or, to a lesser degree Clinton with their tax plans?

From you post, I would guess not since you complain about raising taxes and that is the substance of their policies.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:37 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,176,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
This is B.S. In several states homosexual marriage lost in democractic elections, but were overturned by liberal judges. When you left wingers don't get what you want you file lawsuits and wear people out. Why don't you people get productive jobs? Suing working Americans for your left-wing lifestyle is not productive IMHO.
Hmmm, I thought the SCOTUS (whose ruling trumps every other law and court) has a majority of Republican appointed justices . . . . oh, yeah, they do. I can't believe those conservative-controlled SCOTUS just rubber stamping homothexual lifestyle. lol, I love that SSM is soooo upsetting to some of the posters. Lighten up, you ain't go to hell just because 5% of people around you are gay and getting married (there are many other valid reasons, I reckon).

Mick

Old 10-03-2015, 03:41 AM

27,406 posts, read 15,521,107 times
Quote:
If you say so. Meanwhile, the Dems are offering serious candidates, who were or are seasoned high-ranking and respected officials in the government. The GOP is offering either people who have no experience at all in the government, who boast platitudes and simplistic solutions to complex problems -- or, those who are in the government, are among the bunch of extremists shunned by their own party, with the exception of John Kasich, who is ranking low in GOP polls.

One of these candidates does not fit your description and the other is out of step with this not leftist nation.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:43 AM

27,406 posts, read 15,521,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post

Lost is almost every State.
The People voted, against it repeatedly.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:13 AM

9,483 posts, read 14,447,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
All politicians lie.
and they reflect the people who support them. It is written some 3,000 years ago, "all human beings are liars". It's in the very nature of the beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Heck, with Obama I can barely tell Bush isn't still in the Whitehouse.
I have a substantive list of actual policy results suggesting that Mr. Obama's administration has been even better than Mr. Bush Jr.'s for the "haves", but I'm saving it for publication until after both have become history.

We look at the results, Niccolò, we look at the results.

Anyway, I have no intention of voting for Ms. Clinton Jr. in the general election, but objectively it is way too early to suggest that she is done, her chances are still 50-50.

Moreover, I don't expect any significant difference in actual policy results for the "haves" under a Ms. Clinton Jr. administration, so it doesn't really matter much anyway.

All human beings are liars.

Last edited by bale002; 10-03-2015 at 05:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections