Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 11:05 AM

16,712 posts, read 8,707,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope.

They ignore the constant false outrage of an extremely small minority of the USA, and the MSM with an agenda to bring down Trump at any cost.

Well said and worthy of rep points.

I would not vote for Trump today, but I know people who would. They may even like other candidates policies better, but want someone who will not kowtow or knuckle under to the PC thought & word police.

Frankly I think he is too crass, narcissistic, thin-skinned and downright rude. If he could dial it back even 20%, he would be more palatable to the general electorate.
Of course compared to the dishonest political chameleon named Hillary, I'd vote for him or any of the (R's).
Still I'd like to have a choice of two decent, honest candidates. How unrealistic of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 11:06 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,528,417 times
Waldo, none of this matters to these people. The fauxtrage/poutrage is what they're clinging to. To spend the energy they are in this non-story instead of on stuff that actually matters is outside of their capacity.

Last edited by Ed from California; 11-28-2015 at 12:04 PM..

Old 11-28-2015, 11:13 AM

27,224 posts, read 15,401,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think you are right on everything except one.....its not fake outrage. People really are offended by nonsense like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
I'm more offended by hillary apologizing for saying illegal immigrants. ...that is very offensive.

Yes indeed I am very offended by her stance as it is a refusal to acknowledge the truth, an attempt to rewrite the present reality.

The offensive part?
She is not standing for the United States.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:43 AM

22,527 posts, read 12,078,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Waldo, none of this matters to these people. The fauxtrage/poutrage is what they're clinging to. To spend the energy they are in this non-story on stuff that actually matters is outside of their capacity.
I'm amazed at the posters who have such an intense hatred of Trump to the point where they've allowed him to live in their heads. To have such hatred and anger that eats away at them, is just incomprehensible.

Why are they not expending their energy by volunteering to campaign for Bernie or Hillary (or whoever they support)?

Old 11-28-2015, 11:49 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,340,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm amazed at the posters who have such an intense hatred of Trump to the point where they've allowed him to live in their heads. To have such hatred and anger that eats away at them, is just incomprehensible.

Why are they not expending their energy by volunteering to campaign for Bernie or Hillary (or whoever they support)?
That would be Bernie......you can't complain about Trump lying and offending people and still vote for Hillary.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:54 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,729,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
.....you can't complain about Trump lying and offending people and still vote for Hillary.
Great post. Yet there is a very vocal minority who will do this. Fortunately, there aren't enough of them to propel King Hillary to anywhere close to victory.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:56 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Living in our heads? Hatred and anger eating away at us? Projection much?

Trump occupies about 1-2 minutes/week of my time, mostly because I'm curious to see what the next stupid, offensive, false thing he says will be. He gets less of my attention than the squirrel that lives outside my balcony.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:07 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,528,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Living in our heads? Hatred and anger eating away at us? Projection much?

Trump occupies about 1-2 minutes/week of my time, mostly because I'm curious to see what the next stupid, offensive, false thing he says will be. He gets less of my attention than the squirrel that lives outside my balcony.
Yet four posts in this thread so far. Protest too much?

Old 11-28-2015, 12:30 PM

6,812 posts, read 6,970,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Thanks, Phil. I too would like some actual stats on what Trump has donated to support disabled individuals.
Trump is a huge supporter of Wounded Warriors. That's no secret.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:07 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,951,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i think if you called sarah palin's son a retatrd you'd have a few on this board that would "pretend to be offended".
Having a stepdaughter that has cerebral palsy, my initial reaction was to take offense. No, that offense wasn't anything pretended. It was not only offense but anger. Then it was pointed out to me, why should I take offense at someone who has a lower intelligence than she does? I am sure the Palin's would feel the same way. You are in a class by yourself.
Congratulations..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections