Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 10:00 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,501,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There is no evidence of this. All we have is an overpaid coddled NYT reporter who is put out that Trump has called him out for the nothing that he is. A reporter who uses his disability as a "free pass" to avoid taking responsibility for what he has said.
trump's quote referring to serge kovaleski:

"the poor guy. You ought to see this guy." trump then proceeds to distort his arms and hand mimicking kovaleski's arthrogryposis.

Quote:
It is you who call Trump a liar. So the burden of proof is on you.
" You ought to see this guy " directly contradicts trump's claim that he's never seen kovaleski.

...and trump's quote from sarasota:

"I would never mock a person that has difficulty. I would never do that, I'm telling you. I would never do it."

is contradicted by his remarks about charles krauthammer:

“Then I get called by a guy that can’t buy a pair of pants, I get called names?”.

krauthammer is paralyzed from the waist down

Last edited by wrecking ball; 11-28-2015 at 10:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No, I didn't miss a thing. You can't justify your comments with reference to a child with down's or any other disability and use it as a tool and expect people not to be offended and insulted.
i am not calling the child a retard and i'm pointing out that it is offensive and not simply " pretend to be offended " as lovetosave claims.

Quote:
...but to use a child's handicap and make such a repulsive statement is flagrant ignorance..
please read my quote again in the context of a response to lovestosave.

Old 11-28-2015, 10:10 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,991,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You're wrong about that. Most people think that Trump's behavior was inappropriate and not what should be tolerated in a man who wants to be President of the United States. Even people who might engage in this sort of behavior themselves find it juvenile in a candidate. His hardcore, of course, does not care and probably approves, but there are not enough of them to get him the nomination.
Nobody cares about the New York Times or what it has to say, other than its *******-dork subscribers. Who are always compelled to include toothy glamour shots of their oblivious, egoistic selves in their comment icon space, thinking that readers give a sh-; some of them even peering over their eyeglasses on lanyards.

Clueless, leftist media was so sure of itself. Every day was going to be the day that Americans abandoned the candidate.

Last edited by mm4; 11-28-2015 at 10:22 PM..

Old 11-28-2015, 11:07 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,812,494 times
Quote:
You read more into this than it's worth.

MSM makes false claim that Trump makes fun of disabled reporter. Trump says he didn't. Case closed.

What more do you want?

Only ones who try to condemn Trump for this latest MSM smear are those who advocate for career status quo establishment politicians. Why? I don't know.
I wanna know who the idiot is that is impersonating Trump in public. You'd think he'd want to know too.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
A reporter who uses his disability as a "free pass" to avoid taking responsibility for what he has said.
kovaleski stands by his article. it's trump that's making the claim that somehow kovaleski is backtracking.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,597,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Waldo, none of this matters to these people. The fauxtrage/poutrage is what they're clinging to. To spend the energy they are in this non-story instead of on stuff that actually matters is outside of their capacity.
Ed has a new word!

Quote:
There is no evidence of this. All we have is an overpaid coddled NYT reporter who is put out that Trump has called him out for the nothing that he is. A reporter who uses his disability as a "free pass" to avoid taking responsibility for what he has said.

It is you who call Trump a liar. So the burden of proof is on you. So far you have only supplied opinion or tried to make it about me. Topic isn't about me.
It is Trump who made the reporter's disability front and center. Not the reporter.

I'm convinced that you know this.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:29 PM

here's more on the topic:

New York Times calls Donald Trump's latest criticisms 'outrageous' - Nov. 29, 2015

it also shows that trump's claim that kovaleski is "back-tracking" is false.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:31 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,528,848 times
The death by a thousand cuts thing ain't working for you lefties. Another one day story except on the leftwing crazy train.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
... ain't working for you lefties.
kasich is using the clip in an attack ad against trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...reporter/?_r=0

Old 11-30-2015, 04:29 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,735,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Ed has a new word! It is Trump who made the reporter's disability front and center. Not the reporter. I'm convinced that you know this.
Trump called out the reporter. Whether you consider that to be making fun of his disability, especially in light of Trump saying he didn't mean it, is nothing but opinion.

In the end, it won't make a hill of bean's difference.
  • Vast majority of Americans don't care. They will be voting their pocket book. They no longer listen to outraged PC police.
  • For those who think Trump did something despicable, well they thought this about Trump anyway. Ultima Thule.
The rest of America has moved on from this latest false outrage. It didn't even score much mention on the Sunday morning political pundit TV shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections