Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 01:39 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,821,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I was wondering something today........I'm sorry, I know this is really kind of off topic but not worth it's own thread.

What are the odds of Rubio not even finishing his term to take a job with a Wall Street firm?
I think he finished his term the minute he announced his run for president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 01:40 PM

952 posts, read 518,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
The results could be a lie. Why is it taking so long to count the votes? What a coincidence that it is the only state that Rubio wins.
Why is this so hard to believe? MN is the land of Hubert Humphrey and generations of moderate governors and senators. Rubio is the moderate choice right now, and we'll see what happens as the primaries move west....you may be really shocked!!!

Old 03-03-2016, 01:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Fair point.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backstreetsbackALLRIGHT View Post
Total tinfoil garbage. Rubio won and it's no surprise. At my GOP caucus site, it was totally pro-Rubio (ugh). Trump had no chance here in MN -- he did no rallies or have any ground game whatsoever. Rubio visited several times, including on ST.

The last poll showed Rubio ahead, which was in Jan.
That does make a difference. People are reluctant to vote for someone that doesn't give them their time.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:48 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,753,835 times
Quote:
He said he won't run for senator when somebody in the focus group asked him on Fox. But I never see him as working a Wall Street, that's more like Cruz.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:29 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
what all 4 votes? still counting? maybe too much snow to go from barn to barn

being from Florida you must have had trouble composing yourself, and tipped back your straw hat to be able to get that out

Old 03-03-2016, 02:51 PM

902 posts, read 1,104,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
what all 4 votes? still counting? maybe too much snow to go from barn to barn
Minnesota has 5.5 million potential voters

the state is good for 10 Electoral votes

It's no Florida or Texas however its bigger than many...... but it's a Blue state

Old 03-03-2016, 03:00 PM

952 posts, read 518,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportpilot View Post
Minnesota has 5.5 million potential voters

the state is good for 10 Electoral votes

It's no Florida or Texas however its bigger than many...... but it's a Blue state
Exactly. No surprise Rubio won there.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:10 PM

902 posts, read 1,104,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
Exactly. No surprise Rubio won there.
interesting point:

so if Rubio is capable of winning blue states perhaps he is the one that can beat Hilary

The chosen republican will win the Red states, always has, always will

but if we pick a republican that can win blue states (like Reagan did) then we win this thing

Old 03-03-2016, 06:37 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Carson has bailed.

I think Rubio will too, after he loses Florida to Trump. Cruz doesn't have good prospects even when it whittles down to a 2 man race.
I read about Carson bailing in the paper this evening. I wasn't happy at all. He even said he didn't see himself getting the GOP nomination. I thought about this. Another Black man who tried to run in the GOP, and ended up loosing. Some may wonder why more Blacks don't vote Republican. Part of me thinks that many Blacks feel unwanted by the GOP.

Carson has more class than Trump, and yet the bully, the petulant child, is more popular. I am disturbed because this is a reflection of the society I'm in. It makes me wonder who I can trust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections