Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 04:21 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I know that but Democrats want to create one.
I guess better a path than blanket immunity like Reagan.

That's the thing, if they're documented, that means all that under the table cash becomes taxable, and once you're taxable, you're contributing to the economy, and paying your way for services. Honestly I'd have less of a problem with a lot of the illegals becoming legalized than a large portion of the welfare rolls currently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 04:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Here is why.

Democrats are real suckers . . . . bleeding heart libruls. They are often misguided or mistaken about how to best go about accomplishing things (e.g., Occupy Wall Street).

But ya know, every Democrat that I know means well. They have good intentions and good heart. They want equality for minorities (including LBGT and women), they want to help the poor, they want to save the environment, they don't want to go to unnecessary war, they want everyone to have access to healthcare, they are pro-science, they want to be decent human beings, yada yada. It's no coincidence that Pope Francis sounds like a Democrat (except for abortion and couple of other things). While they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions, to me good intentions are very important since no one can guarantee an outcome.

To me, Republican platform is a lot more selfish . . . it's predicated on lower taxes and pro-corporate environment. And praise the Lord. But that's just my point of view . . . . I could be wrong.

Mick
Mean well? They don't consider the consequences of their actions and ideas? Like screw the poor 50 million times?

Old 02-29-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Please provide proof of your allegation.
Please look at both Clinton and Sanders' campaign promises.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I guess better a path than blanket immunity like Reagan.

That's the thing, if they're documented, that means all that under the table cash becomes taxable, and once you're taxable, you're contributing to the economy, and paying your way for services. Honestly I'd have less of a problem with a lot of the illegals becoming legalized than a large portion of the welfare rolls currently.
There has already been a path and been there for decades. Go home and apply for legal immigration just like everybody else.

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
That is not my problem or America's problem. Billions of people have that issue, not just the illegals.

I am not willing to give out citizenship to screw over our poor people.
Not going to get into a debate on immigration, but illegals are not keeping poor people out of jobs, and anyone telling you that is FOS!!

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Could you please provide proof.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:29 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
No, you are the one making this claim. Please tell us where, exactly, either one of them has said this. Be specific.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Not going to get into a debate on immigration, but illegals are not keeping poor people out of jobs, and anyone telling you that is FOS!!
Really? Adding 50 million cheap labor to already saturated labor market is helping?

Old 02-29-2016, 04:32 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
The Greed Over People party doesn't care about you. Look at the corporate welfare. No one seems to care much about the big Pharma regulating the prices of our prescriptions. Do you want clean water and air? Social security? Minimum wage law? Oceans without oil floating in it? Do you want more unfunded wars? Like spin? The Republicans want to cut off your benefits and insurance. Then what? I don't know who in their right mind could vote for any of these Republicans out there now. It's pitiful.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:35 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
Quote:
There has already been a path and been there for decades. Go home and apply for legal immigration just like everybody else.
There is no path to legal from illegal. As someone who has gone through the immigration process to get to the US, believe me when I say, even as a legal immigrant, there is not much more onerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections