Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 04:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
As bad as they are, the other party at least won't screw the poor 50 million times.
You'll not only screw them 50 million times, but you'll send their children off to every fricken war that you can think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 04:03 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I vote for Democrats because I want future generations to be able to string a coherent sentence together. I'm guessing the OP was educated in a red state.
This seems a good reason. It would be nice if more od the poor would say in school.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:05 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,297,931 times
Independent here that has voted for Dems and Repubs. I am part of the upper middle class but am more socially liberal, which is why I would support a Dem.
As far as immigration I do support border security but also support giving those in the country illegally that have contributed to our economy and stayed out of trouble a chance to earn legal status.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:05 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Remind me again, which Democrat wants to import 50 million poor people?
Which one doesn't? Both Sanders and Clinton just to name a few.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I've worked since I was 18 (including full time through chemo - healthcare is the biggest reason I cannot vote for a Republican), went to a top tier college on a full tuition scholarship and graduated debt free, and have never been on welfare. I vote for the Democrats.
Good for you.

Now, how does importing 50 million poor people help our own poor people?

Old 02-29-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Independent here that has voted for Dems and Repubs. I am part of the upper middle class but am more socially liberal, which is why I would support a Dem.
As far as immigration I do support border security but also support giving those in the country illegally that have contributed to our economy and stayed out of trouble a chance to earn legal status.
You already can earn legal status. They can apply for legal immigration just like everybody else. It may take a while but that's the process everybody goes through.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:08 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,286,399 times
Quote:
You already can earn legal status. They can apply for legal immigration just like everybody else. It may take a while but that's the process everybody goes through.
There is no path to legal status if you are here illegally. None. Zip. Zero.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:09 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,297,931 times
Quote:
Not if they are currently in the country illegally. The only way is either marriage to a US citizen or asylum. And that only applies to those that entered the country on a visa and over-stayed.

5,719 posts, read 6,446,385 times
We clearly need comprehensive immigration reform. Democrats have talked about doing this, while the republicans talk about deporting people and building a wall. It's pure silliness.

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
I'll tell you why I consider myself basically a Democrat. It is because of how the other side acts. The GOP is populated by a bunch of grouchy old farts who hate everything. I lost it total respect for them when (I think it was Bob Dole) who said, when Clinton was elected, "We are going to keep him on a very short leash." In other words, they were pissed that he won and were going to go out of their way to stop anything he was going to try to do. They didn't care what was good for America, just as long as it fit THEIR agenda and goals.

I see nothing but negativity from the Republican party. How about working across the aisle for a change and trying to actually accomplish something good ? Wouldn't THAT be refreshing. I would have a heart attack if I ever heard one Republican say something nice and positive about ANYTHING.

Yep, just a party of grouchy old men who refuse to bend just a little to do something positive.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections