Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2016, 12:19 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As does Obamacare.
33 Million Americans Still Don’t Have Health Insurance | FiveThirtyEight
And even those who did get insurance can't actually afford to use it.
More Americans gain health coverage, but many can
My deductibles went way up.
If you had read what you posted I doubt if you would have been so anxious to share it. Look at who is uninsured; 7 million are illegal immigrants - would you be happy if Congress had included them in the ACA? 3.8 million are people who would be insured if the state they live in had opted into expanded medicaid. A large number are young 'invincibles' who don't think they need insurance.

Last edited by 2sleepy; 03-03-2016 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 12:20 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Doesn't anybody understand what a HSA is? and how it functions?

You'd not get interest on the money If you don't use it you lose it.
You put in money per paycheck - pre tax. You must use that money by the end of the calendar year, or you lose it. You can spend it on anyone in 'your plan' - but you can't take a trip to your favorite vacation spot using that money. You can't transfer that money to anyone who's not on your plan.
That's not true at all. It's you who doesn't understand how an HSA functions.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:22 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What? The free market is in play in Texas, and costs are affordable there.
You truly believe that government causes costs to go DOWN? Hahaha
Which costs are affordable in Texas and in what way is the free market responsible for that?

Old 03-03-2016, 12:22 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,956,641 times
Quote:
What? The free market is in play in Texas, and costs are affordable there.

You truly believe that government causes costs to go DOWN? Hahaha
Funny how the most market oriented health care system in the world, the US, is also by far the most expensive. The UK pay about a third of what the US pays with their single payer system. The US will soon go bankrupt if we dont move towards the only sensible solution which is a national health care system like every developed country in the world already has implemented a long time ago.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:28 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,752,657 times
Quote:
Here's an idea - work to get to a place where you can afford it. You know, instead of stealing my money to fund your healthcare. Then causing my rates to rise.

What are unemployed people doing now? Costs for insurance are through the roof, and involve HUGE deductibles.

FYI - I have a pre-existing condition, as does my husband. We both managed to get affordable healthcare on our own before the disaster called ObamaCare became law. It involved catastrophic care and and an HSA account. And choice.

Of course libs will hate this - it takes the nanny state out of the mix.
I wish they allow people who have been covering in a health insurance plan the year or 5-year before to NOT be denied due to pre-existing condition. People get laid off all the time, but they don't want to go on Cobra.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Funny how the most market oriented health care system in the world, the US, is also by far the most expensive. The UK pay about a third of what the US pays with their single payer system. The US will soon go bankrupt if we dont move towards the only sensible solution which is a national health care system like every developed country in the world already has implemented a long time ago.
I asked a couple from UK who came to stay in our house, it's only good if it's emergency, not for preventive medicine. You have to wait for a long time.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The medicare system is a system that is already in place, it would be easy to transition people into it. It won't happen because the health insurance lobbyists have greased too many palms in Congress, but it's entirely feasible. Trump simply wants to destroy the system that is already in place, as imperfect as it is, it's better than what we had before. Any people base their vote on the policy proposals of candidates, they usually don't just wait until they are elected to see what they will do with a major issue as healthcare
Medicare is broke.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:31 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
The establishment (government ) and big business are the same people. It's always the little people that get screwed

This is by far the worst thing that Trump has proposed. I still had a small hope that he was narcissistic enough to actually help the people that voted for him. He lied when he said he won't let people die. It's just empty words, people need to pay attention to these written proposals.

Trump's only intention is to help big companies and let people die in the streets
Yeah, this is why I continue to say all Trump does is cut out the middle man.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:32 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,956,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I asked a couple from UK who came to stay in our house, it's only good if it's emergency, not for preventive medicine. You have to wait for a long time.
Thats a myth.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Even in America it can be that bad if done phantom non life threatening condition pops up. People don't seem to get that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections