Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 10:06 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,210,770 times

Advertisements

Doctors know enough about death to know what all people fear most: dying in pain, and dying alone.'
For those less confident, there is Switzerland, $10,000 and you are out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 10:17 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,821,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
None of that matters if I cant pay my deductible......I'll take my chances, if something that devastating happens to me then the last thing Im gonna be worried about is how to pay the bill.....

Did john bobbitt get a transplant? lol.....thatd be way too weird imo.....
Well, since healthcare isn't a right and if you don't buy health insurance you won't get a bill. Because you won't get any treatment.

Is that OK with you? Its OK with me that you don't get a bill.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:24 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,497,672 times
Well, maybe we can bring costs down by allowing nurses and physician assistants to prescribe drugs with a bit more of pharmaceutical training and save the higher cost of going to an MD. Make a $25 office visit not a thing of the past!

Old 03-02-2016, 10:30 PM

891 posts, read 1,055,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Well, since healthcare isn't a right and if you don't buy health insurance you won't get a bill. Because you won't get any treatment.

Is that OK with you? Its OK with me that you don't get a bill.

LOL.....But as long as you know Im paying my $100 a month premium that makes it all better? even though I still wont be able to pay the deductible which "releases" the Insurance company to pay the rest?

We throw away all these mountains of money every month for JUST IN CASE we get sick or hurt, in return for a piece of paper that says "yea they have insurance"....."but we have our backs turned until they come up with a ridiculous amount of $ which everyday people usually dont have lyin around"......

Old 03-02-2016, 10:31 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,177,820 times
If you want cheap meds, get your prescriptions filled for the year at Costco and don't use insurance. It's amazing how cheap it is.

When I had insurance and I was buying 3 drugs a month with a $10 copay, it was costing me $360 a year to buy drugs. Without insurance, I was buying 300 pills for 3 different medications (900 pills total) and it was all under $100 total. Add the $50 Costco membership, and it was $150 for a whole year of drugs.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
LOL.....But as long as you know Im paying my $100 a month premium that makes it all better? even though I still wont be able to pay the deductible which "releases" the Insurance company to pay the rest?

We throw away all these mountains of money every month for JUST IN CASE we get sick or hurt, in return for a piece of paper that says "yea they have insurance"....."but we have our backs turned until they come up with a ridiculous amount of $ which everyday people usually dont have lyin around"......
Well, thats entirely up to you. Get a few thousand some where or ... Your choice. I refuse to help pay for your health care. So then???

Old 03-02-2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Well, maybe we can bring costs down by allowing nurses and physician assistants to prescribe drugs with a bit more of pharmaceutical training and save the higher cost of going to an MD. Make a $25 office visit not a thing of the past!
Actually, those kind of charges still exist for the better Medicare Advantage plans. And many of them have zero monthly premiums (but you do pay Medicare $105 a month) with no deductibles. None. Of course its primarily for those age 65+.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Before I make replies, this is mostly a garden variety conservative revision of Obamacare that has been talked about by conservatives that likes Obamacare but not that it was pushed and signed by Obama. Remember it was an amalgamation of several conservative proposals dating as far back as the 1980's. The only difference is the insurance over state lines which one, technically happens already as Blue Cross has umbrella companies for most states (I know this as I nearly worked insurance and the only state the company I was (nearly) employed by was stating that they couldn't sell in NY. Some AZ reps also held CA and CO insurance licenses.) The problem I see is just like Delaware Corporations, we'll see insurance companies look for a state in which they have the least restrictions for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
What a pure conservative idea to eliminate the state lines!!

So, Mr. Trump wants the Federal government to prohibit the States from enacting their own insurance regulations for their own residents? You cannot be serious, what happened to Federalism? Justice iScalia is rolling under a pillow in his grave.

Mick
It sounds more like a 10th amendment issue due to interstate commerce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Funny how Sanders proposes single payer Medicare for all and for his supporters it's just a given that all the pieces will flow into place and everything will be just fine.

Trump announces a preliminary plan (he hasn't even been officially nominated yet, remember?) and chaos and pandemonium along with instantaneous criticism are already flying all over the place here.

LOL. It's amusing.
Well part of it is that Trump is taking this back to a mix of ObamaCare, the conservative version pushed or by Republicans that hate ObamaCare that only hate it due to Obama and the old system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
Yep. But with that being said, I do like them. I'm surprised that many single, healthy people at my work are reluctant to switch from a traditional insurance plan.
Could be socking away money, could be ignorance, could be something else or could be a mixture of all three. I have a public sector job with (paid) health care, I wasn't sure if it was a good idea at the moment but maybe if I get a better paying job in the public sector, I'll take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Agreed. I think we ought to deregulate the military, and allow private companies to provide our defense. The government can't do anything right at all. We could cut out the entire military budget, and cut taxes in half.
Bad idea. Privatized military don't work in the other parts of the world at all and increases issues that you may not exactly see on our balance sheets, that being goodwill.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:15 PM

891 posts, read 1,055,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Well, thats entirely up to you. Get a few thousand some where or ... Your choice. I refuse to help pay for your health care. So then???

You dont HAVE to "help pay for my healthcare"....you do that by participating in Obamacare....Everybody has to pay taxes, not everybody has to help fund Obamacare by participating in it.....Thats what ticks me off the most, at least half the country is opposed to it, but 90% are covered by it, alot of people are selling out........ I sure as **** wont be.....but hey guess what? if I do need emergency care, I still get it......so its whatevs really......Win Win for me in that aspect.......

Honestly who gives a ****, our deficit is in the trillions and climbing....THATS what we should ALL truly be worried about......we just keep on acting like its a bottom of the barrel issue but hey, "Im so pissed that this dude doesnt have health insurance and he's makin ME pay his bill!" bla bla bla......what a buncha bs if I ever seen it.......

Old 03-02-2016, 11:22 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,292,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I feel he could have created a much better plan. For instance, why not fly people who have expensive diseases to other countries like Thailand and Vietnam for treatment? It's much cheaper over there.
I think this plan is simply to woo the establishment to back him is all. Once he wins the nomination he will flip on this like he has on everything else .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections