Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 09:17 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
It will be Clinton vs. Haley or Ryan. No one will show up and Hillary will win.
Maybe... but, I think the 70% of republicans who don't want trump will show up. It just won't be enough to overcome the clinton voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 09:24 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
If you think Trump is not willing to play,

As for me switching parties ...

Most would agree that the GOP has failed to adapt to the changing demographics in this country and fronting a far right-winger like Cruz will do nothing to remedy that. And I would have no problem leaving the GOP and see nothing wrong with an Independent party getting more clout.
I don't think he is not willing to 'play'. He has a history of 'playing' by paying for the things he wants, so if delegates can be 'bought' he will try to buy them

Yes, the GOP has failed to deal with changing demographics, and is reaping the harvest from that failure. But, the GOP in general is not willing to have trump be its nominee, in part because he may represent the very real attitudes and feelings behind the worst reasons for their failure. I understand that you think the party should go to hell in a handbasket because it doesn't want what you want, but don't agree with your assessment that 'everyone' agrees with your stand on it.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:28 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I don't think he is not willing to 'play'. He has a history of 'playing' by paying for the things he wants, so if delegates can be 'bought' he will try to buy them

Yes, the GOP has failed to deal with changing demographics, and is reaping the harvest from that failure. But, the GOP in general is not willing to have trump be its nominee, in part because he may represent the very real attitudes and feelings behind the worst reasons for their failure. I understand that you think the party should go to hell in a handbasket because it doesn't want what you want, but don't agree with your assessment that 'everyone' agrees with your stand on it.
You don't think Cruz is "paying" for the delegates he's getting outside of the voting process ?

You'll find out how many agree with my assessment as we get closer to the nomination. RNC dirty convention pool means if Trump runs elsewhere, he gets my vote. If he doesn't run, I vote Democrat across the board.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:28 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Uh, not really ... if Trump is anywhere near 1,237 he will get the nomination and you anti-Trumpsters will be crying in your pink lemonade.
I was not talking about the number of delegates when I said it was a serious flaw, that is a symptom in this case. It is his inability or unwillingness to take the effort to learn about something once it is indicated that he lacks necessary knowledge that is a serious flaw for someone who wants to be president. I think one of the other candidates referred to it as a "lack of intellectual curiosity" in one of the debates.

Like many have said, I honesty believe if he doesn't have 1,237 delegates first ballot he will not be the nominee. If I'm wrong I won't be crying in anything, I just won't vote for him. Unless something happens soon we all might as well get used to saying "Madam President".

Old 04-10-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I was not talking about the number of delegates when I said it was a serious flaw, that is a symptom in this case. It is his inability or unwillingness to take the effort to learn about something once it is indicated that he lacks necessary knowledge that is a serious flaw for someone who wants to be president. I think one of the other candidates referred to it as a "lack of intellectual curiosity" in one of the debates.

Like many have said, I honesty believe if he doesn't have 1,237 delegates first ballot he will not be the nominee. If I'm wrong I won't be crying in anything, I just won't vote for him. Unless something happens soon we all might as well get used to saying "Madam President".
Perhaps you should read this about the "system" ...

Could Republican delegates be bought? Legally, maybe - CNNPolitics.com

Old 04-10-2016, 09:38 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post

Cruz won all 37 delegates.
Not sure. Nobody knows what is going on so the plan must be working.

"Of the 34 delegates Cruz won, only 30 are technically pledged to his campaign; four are party officials who are unpledged but have promised to support Cruz, and the campaign placed them on its slate."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/colorado-...-election.html

Old 04-10-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you should read this about the "system" ...

Could Republican delegates be bought? Legally, maybe - CNNPolitics.com
He will never be president. Best he can hope for is to be Republican nominee. As I said, get used to saying Madam President. Trump is the single best thing to happen to her campaign.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
He will never be president. Best he can hope for is to be Republican nominee. As I said, get used to saying Madam President. Trump is the single best thing to happen to her campaign.
If he loses fair and square in November, so be it.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
If he loses fair and square in November, so be it.
If he fails to get 1,237 delegates by the convention he will lose fair and square then. Not sure why you can't accept that.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
If he fails to get 1,237 delegates by the convention he will lose fair and square then. Not sure why you can't accept that.
He can buy delegates just like the next guy. Not sure why you can't accept that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections