Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 11:40 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times

Advertisements

Spartacus - are you attending the Cruzifixion on 4/26 ?

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest Polls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 11:42 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Smoking Gun

Certainly isn't a party that treats all candidates fairly.

https://i.sli.mg/aftV6f.jpg

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...for_trump.html

1. The Colorado Republican Party forbids any of its delegates to the Republican National Convention to vote for Donald Trump for president or vice president on the first ballot or any other ballot, and
  2. The Colorado Republican Party asks its delegates to national convention to pledge on their honor to do everything in their power to help secure the presidential nomination for someone other than Donald Trump.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Delegates who supported Trump in Colorado were apparently removed from the roster and replaced. This delegate has been a life long Republican who accuses the GOP of stealing the election.
Do you have a real source for this, or just Youtube? Trump lost because he never bothered to even go to Colorado.

And actually, it appears that Trump is the one willing to use underhanded tactics to get delegates. His new henchman claims Cruz used 'Gestapo tactics' but has no examples, then implied he's willing to bribe delegates.

"...But Manafort, who has advised republican presidential campaigns going back to Pres. Gerald Ford, would not outline the rules he is playing by either. When pressed on whether paying for a delegate's golf membership or trip to the convention was in the realm possibility he answered, "Well, there's the law, and then there's ethics, and then there's getting votes. I'm not going to get into what tactics are used."

Trump's New Right-Hand Man Accuses Cruz Campaign of 'Gestapo Tactics' - NBC News

Donald Trump a no-show for Colorado GOP convention Saturday - The Denver Post

Colorado loss reveals chaotic, overwhelmed Trump campaign | MSNBC

Old 04-10-2016, 11:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Lol. Stop trolling. So far 72% of Republican voters have voted against Cruz. He will never be the nominee.
call it anyway you want: chances are your guy won't either. But don't you think you need to think about what a TROLL really is before saying someone is trolling?

Old 04-10-2016, 11:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Marco Rubio is a conservative ? You really do need to get out more ...
Marco certainly is a conservative. You know a person can lean one way or another on an issue or two and still be seen as conservative, libertarian or left. If you don't think he is a conservative what would you call Trump?

Old 04-10-2016, 11:58 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Do you have a real source for this, or just Youtube? Trump lost because he never bothered to even go to Colorado.
Already posted.

And do you have any proof other than posting links to the obviously biased MSM?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:13 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If anyone is buying delegates I think it is safe to say it is Trump, but I have no idea what is going on. I do understand and I think the Trump supporters need to start thinking about this as well: his chances of getting the 1237 are becoming less likely every primary or caucus and if he doesn't go to the convention with enough votes to win on the first ballot he will not get the nomination. Blame the establishment, the insiders, Rove, FOX, the Koch brothers or whomever: it isn't going to make any difference. It seems every time something doesn't go his way, he and his supporters find a way of blaming others.
Yes--that is why he hired his new "Washington insider".

It is illegal to bribe delegates. But they can 'sort of' bribe them. There's no doubt that Trump will attempt to buy them.

"...The three remaining candidates are identifying these delegates, researching their proclivities and beginning to cajole them. The law surrounding them is so unclear that Trump could conceivably fly them to Florida for a weekend of luxuriating at Mar-a-Lago, his gold-adorned and palm-lined private club -- where, naturally, they could be subjected to personal lobbying to support Trump.

Brookover did not rule out the Trump campaign entertaining delegates at one of Trump's properties or paying for their travel costs to Cleveland. But he added: "You certainly can't offer anything which would be considered a bribe. We can't give them $100,000."

"...But Manafort, who has advised republican presidential campaigns going back to Pres. Gerald Ford, would not outline the rules he is playing by either. When pressed on whether paying for a delegate's golf membership or trip to the convention was in the realm possibility he answered, "Well, there's the law, and then there's ethics, and then there's getting votes. I'm not going to get into what tactics are used."

Meet the 200 delegates who could decide Trump's fate - Lowell Sun Online

Trump's New Right-Hand Man Accuses Cruz Campaign of 'Gestapo Tactics' - NBC News

Is it legal for Donald Trump to bribe delegates?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:19 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yes--that is why he hired his new "Washington insider".

It is illegal to bribe delegates.
It is illegal to bribe politicians either.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:22 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He will never be president. Best he can hope for is to be Republican nominee. As I said, get used to saying Madam President. Trump is the single best thing to happen to her campaign.
Good thing sanity prevailed and Republicans nominated McCain and Romney. No telling what Obama would have done to the country.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:42 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
There will be so many more people doing this. For the first time ever I'm now an independent and it feels great, like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest. Good luck GOP, I'm voting democrat in local elections this year to protest your stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections