Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2016, 08:17 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,335 times

Advertisements

In the legendary words of the great William Jefferson Clinton: "I feel your pain." (bite your lip)

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 08:19 AM

33,568 posts, read 18,152,594 times
The GOP is telling the American people they pick the nominee and our votes are just a sham . Do we have democracy or just a dictatorship by the GOP? This is outlandish..

The Bernie people are getting the shaft too. Sounds like they have it all tied up.. Cruz is their guy now to take Trump out but will drop him fast and put in Ryan or Kasich. Kasich is getting money somewhere .. to keep running. He should have been broke over a month ago.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think it shows neither party can be trusted. IMO Trump missed a golden opportunity to possibly be the first (I) to win a Presidential election, at this point I think that ship has sailed.
Actually, that's nearly impossible under the electoral college system.

But never mind that . . . . both Democrats are crushing him in the polls head-to-head, and 63% of the entire electorate say that they "definitely will not" vote for Mr. Trump . . . . that's a bit of a mathematical conundrum.

Mick

Old 04-11-2016, 08:24 AM

25,948 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It's like the old Soviet Union where the party decides who the candidates will be and they let you vote for the one that chosen to be elected. IMO, both parties have openly shown they're no longer even willing to pretend to listen to the people and will now work together to control and dominate everyone. If this says anything, its that neither Hillary or Cruz can be at all trusted.
This. Both Hillary and Cruz are the most disgusting Americans that I have ever seen. They both have no regards for anyone other than themselves! Free elections? What a joke!

I would like to see Hillary and Cruz decided on a coin toss because at that point, we would know who was the most cunning and deceitful!

Isn't Colorado another very "white" state? Those states usually go for Cruz. I just have to believe that no one that believes in God would vote for the lying and deceitful Cruz. Of course, those who believe that they are "saved" by faith alone and actions do not matter feel that deceitful behavior, cheating, lying and stealing are "forgiven" since Jesus (supposedly) died for their sins. Yeah, see how that works for ya' in the end!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...ake-delegates/

Old 04-11-2016, 08:24 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
I do believe Colorado was going off of the popular vote,\
What popular vote?

Old 04-11-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Bernie people are getting the shaft too.
Well, if he does not get the nomination even with more pledged delegates than Hillary, you may have a point. But DNC has not engaged in anything as egregious as what RNC has done in this primary season . . . for sure.

Mick

Old 04-11-2016, 08:25 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This. Both Hillary and Cruz are the most disgusting Americans that I have ever seen. They both have no regards for anyone other than themselves! Free elections? What a joke!

I would like to see Hillary and Cruz decided on a coin toss because at that point, we would know who was the most cunning and deceitful!

Isn't Colorado another very "white" state? Those states usually go for Cruz.
If they had held a real primary, I'm thinking Trump would have easily taken it.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Isn't Colorado another very "white" state? Those states usually go for Cruz.
It's pretty diverse . . . . only 70% non-Hispanic whites.

Mick

Old 04-11-2016, 08:27 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The GOP is telling the American people they pick the nominee and our votes are just a sham . Do we have democracy or just a dictatorship by the GOP? This is outlandish..

The Bernie people are getting the shaft too. Sounds like they have it all tied up.. Cruz is their guy now to take Trump out but will drop him fast and put in Ryan or Kasich. Kasich is getting money somewhere .. to keep running. He should have been broke over a month ago.
The political parties are private organizations, you are part of the nominee selection process by voting in the primaries and participating in the caucuses - but just one part and not the final part. If you don't like it form your own party.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If they had held a real primary, I'm thinking Trump would have easily taken it.
Yup, for sure.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections