Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 11:29 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,363,759 times

Advertisements

So much for those hoping Bernie would run third party to give Donnie a chance at winning in November. As Bernie has said many times all throughout this campaign, the Democratic party will come together.

Quote:
Bernie Sanders on Thursday emerged from a White House meeting with President Barack Obama and vowed to work together with Hillary Clinton to defeat Donald Trump in November.

Warning that a Trump presidency would be a "disaster," the Vermont senator -- who pledged to continue his White House bid even after Clinton became the Democratic Party's presumptive presidential nominee -- said he would "work as hard as I can to make sure that Donald Trump does not become president of the Untied States."
Sanders pledges to work with Clinton to defeat Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-09-2016 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 11:30 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,991,525 times
Hope his supporters will follow him!

Old 06-09-2016, 11:41 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,351,011 times
I knew Bernie was a man of his word. He's said from the beginning he would not run as a 3rd party candidate. They'll find a place for him in the campaign that will help the majority of his supporters transition just like Hillary's supporters did last time around, ending up supporting Obama. The stakes are too high not to, if for no other reason that the next president will be picking so many Supreme Court justices.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 06-09-2016 at 12:40 PM..

Old 06-09-2016, 11:44 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,812,092 times
Why didn't Bernie Concede the Race?

Hmm. It's what they do that matters.

From what I saw in that article, Bernie did not concede the race. That is the #1 thing he can do right now to support Clinton.

The fact that he didn't, speaks for itself. Obama appears to have failed at his mission.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:50 AM

7,729 posts, read 8,825,031 times
Clinton has to admit she is a liar and promise not to lie again before asking any Bernie supporters to switch.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:54 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,175,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why didn't Bernie Concede the Race?

Hmm. It's what they do that matters.

From what I saw in that article, Bernie did not concede the race. That is the #1 thing he can do right now to support Clinton.

The fact that he didn't, speaks for itself. Obama appears to have failed at his mission.
As he promised, Bernie will go through the motion of participating in the DC primary. That way he can fulfill the promise to give everyone a chance to vote for him. Then on Wednesday, there will be an announcement. Obama was fine with that.

But either way, the key message here is "F you Trump, keep your dirty orange stubby paws off my supporters."

Mick

Old 06-09-2016, 11:55 AM

18,542 posts, read 19,167,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Clinton has to admit she is a liar and promise not to lie again before asking any Bernie supporters to switch.
a lying politician is a given. they just have to decide f they want democratic or republican ideals running the country. most of them will vote blue, no doubt.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:59 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,773,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
"I look forward to meeting with (Clinton) in the near future to see how we can work together to defeat Donald Trump and to create a government which represents all of us and not just the 1 percent," Sanders told reporters after an Oval Office meeting that lasted more than one hour.
That doesn't sound very encouraging. Sounds like he's saying, "I did not become the nominee but I'm gonna find a way to impose my agenda regardless."

Old 06-09-2016, 12:01 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,812,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
As he promised, Bernie will go through the motion of participating in the DC primary. That way he can fulfill the promise to give everyone a chance to vote for him. Then on Wednesday, there will be an announcement. Obama was fine with that.
Announcement? Sounds as if Bernie will be staying in it until the convention.

Arf Arf

Old 06-09-2016, 12:01 PM

12,100 posts, read 5,983,610 times
Your hoping his supporters follow him - from the posts, articles and facebook groups - that's not as likely as you think.

Facebooks Bernie Sanders' Dank Meme Stash has about 450,000 members - Hillary is not liked, another group Hillary Bernie 2016 has a whopping 32 members - doesn't look like Sanders supporters even want him taking 2nd place - and Bernie supporters are pretty head strong in this article - Angered Bernie Sanders online supporters say they will 'never vote for Hillary Clinton' and threaten to spoil their ballots or vote Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections