Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 01:13 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
It's not about whether or not offering college to kids for free would not be an ideal situation if we could afford it and I do not think voting Trump will lead us to war anymore than voting for Hillary - it's the fact that the dems think - like the Republicans in 2012 - that these voters will blindly vote for the Democratic candidate just because someone tells them too.
They aren't but not because they think they are going to get something. They aren't because Hillary is corrupt and it's not hard to understand that. Many younger voters haven't been brainwashed into the idea that you have to vote for one of the two party candidates.

Quote:
These kids are going to be voting in their 1st Presidential election - maybe their second. In 2012 - after what they did to Ron Paul - the Republican youth vote voted for Gary Johnson or didn't vote at all. The Republicans were convinced they had the votes for Romney to win because a Republican would vote party lines - not so with your youthful voters - they haven't been voting party lines for 30 years like many of us in both the Democrat and Republican parties. They owe their allegiance to no one. So the dems are assuming just as the Republicans did in 2012 and we know how that worked out.
The one that wins will be the one that lost the least amount of support. That's a pretty lousy way to elect a president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 01:14 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,338,221 times
NOT happening

She is such an awful nominee that I've had thoughts of even voting for Trump just to see her not become President... but hey even I have my limits of insanity.

I won't waste my time voting for her.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:15 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
I laughed. Then I tried to rep you.

The idea that Bernie supporters would go for Trump in large numbers as opposed to Clinton is like thinking that someone would give up meat forever because a hamburger made them sick that one time. His supporters are ticked, and I get it, Bernie is a good guy...but I can't imagine they'd ever be THAT ticked that they'd back Trump. Trump is diametrically opposed to everything Bernie stands for. Bernie and his campaign welcomed all Americans...

Trump and his campaign, not so much.
The idea and the facts are they are going to go third party.

I do have to note a couple things though.....Both Trump and Bernie are against the trade pacts.

Both Trump and Bernie believe the borders need enforced.

That's not enough to get much support but they are two fairly big items where they agree.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:20 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,325,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
So much for those hoping Bernie would run third party to give Donnie a chance at winning in November. As Bernie has said many times all throughout this campaign, the Democratic party will come together.

Sanders pledges to work with Clinton to defeat Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Wonder what Cabinet position Hillary will offer Bernie?

Old 06-09-2016, 03:42 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,465,451 times
Default Is sander's selling out to clinton?

Bernie Sanders vows to work with Hillary Clinton as Dems move toward party unity - CNNPolitics.com

And so perhaps it begins. Isn't it interesting this coincidentally happened after meeting with obama.

Sure sounds like he's changing his song. So if he doesn't run independent, green party, etc., and supports clinton, I have a feeling most sander's supporters will think he's a sellout and certainly won't support clinton.

A piece on why bernie shouldn't cross over/support this lady:

Hillary Clinton's Private Server Contained Special Access Program Intelligence. Bernie Sanders Must Continue to Campaign

bernie bernie bernie......

Old 06-09-2016, 03:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
[URL="http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/09/politics/bernie-sanders-washington/index.html"]Bernie Sanders vows to work with Hillary Clinton as Dems move toward party unity - CNNPolitics.com[/URL]

Sure sounds like he's changing his song. So if he doesn't run independent, green party, etc., and supports clinton, I have a feeling most sander's supporters will think he's a sellout and certainly won't support clinton.
Changing his song? You must be joking. Bernie Sanders has had and will continue to have a big impact on the Democratic Party and its platform. Anyone who wants Sanders to run as a third party candidate or to continue attacking Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party must want a Republican to win the White House and appoint the next Supreme Court justice.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:57 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
Selling out? Bernie has said from the beginning that he's not going to be a spoiler. He's a smart man. He understands Dizzy would be catastrophic. Bernie will be raising Hillary's hand and rallying the troops to get with her any day now.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:00 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,113,070 times
If he wanted to sell out, he would have done so a few weeks ago when he had the most leverage. After this past Tuesday, he has very little leverage. He is probably trying to negotiate with Reid (whom he met with today) a seat/chairmanship on key committees so he can continue to get out his message.

Mick

Old 06-09-2016, 04:04 PM

3,526 posts, read 3,730,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Bernie Sanders vows to work with Hillary Clinton as Dems move toward party unity - CNNPolitics.com

And so perhaps it begins. Isn't it interesting this coincidentally happened after meeting with obama.

A piece on why bernie shouldn't cross over/support this lady:

Hillary Clinton's Private Server Contained Special Access Program Intelligence. Bernie Sanders Must Continue to Campaign

bernie bernie bernie......
Obama said in his TV message that he met with Sanders "this week." The meeting was supposedly this morning. Oops. It's all been planned.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:09 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I prefer the actually honest Sanders, Johnson or Stein. (haven't made up my mind yet)
Even though Sanders has definitely struck me as a pretty straight shooter, the mechanics of our political system wouldn't allow him to keep all his promises either. Many promises end up tempered by the other two branches, and luckily the POTUS is not a dictator.

To that end, I'm pretty confident our world wouldn't end if Trump were elected. Our worst Presidents ever may have made a muck of things, but none of them brought down our system permanently. The status quo is a pretty massive juggernaut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections