Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 08:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Yeah any true Bernie supporter with any sense will see that Hillary, despite her flaws, will forward their interests better than Trump. This O'Reilly interview from back in 2008 where he complained and complained about her wanting to raise the tax on the 1% leisure class which includes him in order to provide relief to the lower classes I think says it all. You can tell he truly believes she will do it. She hasn't changed her stance on that.
She lies. Obama held the same position but didn't do squat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 08:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Young people and middle class are tired of being taken advantage of by rich funders controlling Govt. Policy ..and Saunders has indeed elevated his name recognition and will be VERY influential in Congress going forward!
Just a personal observation...for some reason, Sanders supporters on this forum leave senior citizens out of the mix whenever they talk about income inequality and health care. (which is a little ironic, considering the candidate they admire) I don't blame Senator Sanders for this division, since he's always shown concern for senior issues. However, the so-called millennials seemed to have hijacked his campaign to make it all about them. We're all sick and tired of struggling. I'm sure President Clinton and Senator Sanders will work together to improve the lives of ALL Americans.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:29 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Yeah any true Bernie supporter with any sense will see that Hillary, despite her flaws, will forward their interests better than Trump. This O'Reilly interview from back in 2008 where he complained and complained about her wanting to raise the tax on the 1% leisure class which includes him in order to provide relief to the lower classes I think says it all. You can tell he truly believes she will do it. She hasn't changed her stance on that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OxTNjYHdzvI
We also know that many repulican aren't going to come out for him. So it a wash.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Just an observation...for some reason, Sanders supporters on this forum leave senior citizens out of the mix whenever they talk about income inequality and health care.
I have argued over and over and over how much the zero interest rates are hurting seniors to keep Wall Street popped up.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:33 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Just an observation...for some reason, Sanders supporters on this forum leave senior citizens out of the mix whenever they talk about income inequality and health care.
Probably because those nasty septuagenarians vote for Hillary or Trump.

Mick

Old 06-09-2016, 08:39 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,543 times
Quote:
Just a personal observation...for some reason, Sanders supporters on this forum leave senior citizens out of the mix whenever they talk about income inequality and health care. (which is a little ironic, considering the candidate they admire) I don't blame Senator Sanders for this division, since he's always shown concern for senior issues. However, the so-called millennials seemed to have hijacked his campaign to make it all about them. We're all sick and tired of struggling. I'm sure President Clinton and Senator Sanders will work together to improve the lives of ALL Americans.
Social security was one of the leading issues of Sander's campaign he even made a long video about it. We understand it's importance, it's why we voted for him. It's one of the first things I brought up to anybody I talked to about voting for Bernie.

I have no idea how to come up with these outlandish presumptions, you guys are some twisted folks it's sickening.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have argued over and over and over how much the zero interest rates are hurting seniors to keep Wall Street popped up.
Well on that issue we agree 100%. I was only making a general observation based on what I've read an heard, not targeting anyone in particular.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post

I have no idea how to come up with these outlandish presumptions, you guys are some twisted folks it's sickening.
Apparently you didn't bother to read my post, since I said it was very important to Senator Sanders and was responding to another post. Anyway, I can't type any more tonight, so I'll stop here. Many people on this forum apparently enjoy name-calling and insulting people.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Well on that issue we agree 100%. I was only making a general observation based on what I've read an heard, not targeting anyone in particular.
Yes, you were making a false generalization and you were indeed being specific.

.... Sanders supporters on this forum .......

That is me.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:51 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
So much for those hoping Bernie would run third party to give Donnie a chance at winning in November. As Bernie has said many times all throughout this campaign, the Democratic party will come together.

Sanders pledges to work with Clinton to defeat Trump - CNNPolitics.com
Go Bernie! You the man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections