Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 12:14 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
sure there is. the minutia of them is the same I agree however they come from two different places, otherwise the repugs wouldn't be holding up the supreme court nomination.
That's all show. Nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 12:17 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why didn't Bernie Concede the Race?

Hmm. It's what they do that matters.

From what I saw in that article, Bernie did not concede the race. That is the #1 thing he can do right now to support Clinton.

The fact that he didn't, speaks for itself. Obama appears to have failed at his mission.
At the same time, if Bernie would have conceded, his supporters would be angry. Perhaps he plans to "wean" them away from him and to Clinton. I hope he is more integrity than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Clinton has to admit she is a liar and promise not to lie again before asking any Bernie supporters to switch.
Funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
As he promised, Bernie will go through the motion of participating in the DC primary. That way he can fulfill the promise to give everyone a chance to vote for him. Then on Wednesday, there will be an announcement. Obama was fine with that.

But either way, the key message here is "F you Trump, keep your dirty orange stubby paws off my supporters."

Mick
A slow "wean" will still be a slap in the face for many of this supporters. He'll be expected to get fully on board and surely he is wise enough to step carefully knowing that anything they say they would do as far as his agenda would be nothing than something to humor him with. He is aware of what both Clinton and Obama are and is more clever than the two of them put together.

Any compromise of the two candidates would still leave them coming up short on the issues. Once he associates himself fully with Clinton............... "Right this way said the spider to the fly."

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
That doesn't sound very encouraging. Sounds like he's saying, "I did not become the nominee but I'm gonna find a way to impose my agenda regardless."
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Bernie just wants to be on the "good side" of the DNC for when Hillary is indicted and removed from the race. He will then be the only candidate standing for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
She's going to have to find a way to put some of his agenda on her plate anyway because he had so many voters -- and that means a great many Democrats want that agenda. One thing that's good about Hillary is that she isn't so fixed in her ideas that she can't be swayed to do something else. She & Sanders had similar goals, they had different ways of getting there.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-09-2016 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post

Old 06-09-2016, 12:18 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The problem is no one will believe her. She is totally untrustworthy. Nothing she says can be believed. All of the things she can promise were also promised by Obama and lasted until election night.

The people had the wool pulled over their eyes by Obama and know at best Hillary is no better.
Even if I bought your opening premise 100% (which I don't), I feel I would be more comfortable over the next 4 years wearing Hillary's wool than smelling Trump's bull.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
Even if I bought your opening premise 100% (which I don't), I feel I would be more comfortable over the next 4 years wearing Hillary's wool than smelling Trump's bull.
And that's fine.......I prefer neither. (we will note, even you agree she is untrustworthy even if you don't agree 100%)

It sucks for her that even her supporters agree she is untrustworthy.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:28 PM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Bernie has a lot of college and youth support. These are going to be the hardest ones to convert because even though Bernie has pretty much taken the high road when it comes to Hillary - his supporter's haven't. You have a lot of immature, inexperienced, and I'm an adult now and no one is going to tell me what to do anymore mentality that were quick to buy into his free college spiel - never thinking that the process to do such a thing would take longer than their years in college and they'd never benefit from it.

If anything many of those will look on Bernie as a traitor.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:30 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
I think probably about 6 Bernie people will vote for Trump. The rest will go with Hillary.

IF

She actually gets the nomination. That's not a done deal because of the ongoing investigation, and I think that's why Bernie has not yet conceded. If Hillary gets indicted and is forced to go to trial, Bernie will be able to step forward and take the helm.

After all, the penalty for being convicted means that she may not hold public office for 3 years. Obama probably would not pardon her and tarnish his record, and he couldn't do that anyway until after she is convicted. It would simply be too third world-ish.

In other words, I think that an indictment would mean the absolute end of her political career.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:30 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
That 1-in-4 (or whatever the actual number is) would never have voted for her under any circumstance so not sure what they're trying to accomplish now. Some will sit home, some will vote 3rd party, very few will vote for Trump.

If the Presidential election was a national popular vote, their numbers might have some microscopic effect, maybe .0001%.
Since electoral votes are what matter and the Bernie-or-Busters are scattered throughout the US, their votes will have zero effect.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Bernie has a lot of college and youth support. These are going to be the hardest ones to convert because even though Bernie has pretty much taken the high road when it comes to Hillary - his supporter's haven't. You have a lot of immature, inexperienced, and I'm an adult now and no one is going to tell me what to do anymore mentality that were quick to buy into his free college spiel - never thinking that the process to do such a thing would take longer than their years in college and they'd never benefit from it.

If anything many of those will look on Bernie as a traitor.
I'm 54....I will never personally benefit from it. Do I think we as a country would be far, far, far better off offering our kids the opportunity for college as opposed to the opportunity for more war? Absolutely. I am flummoxed that so many prefer war.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:34 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Obama probably would not pardon her and tarnish his record, and he couldn't do that anyway until after she is convicted.
He can pardon anyone for any past, present, and future crimes, even ones not committed yet. Ford did exactly that for Nixon.
There's hardly any limit to the Presidential pardon powers.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:37 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's all show. Nothing more.
so holding up the nomination of a supreme court judge is just a show? if the dems and the repugs were on the same page they wouldn't be holding up the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections