Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2016, 10:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Gun control is part of the discussion of whether Bernie is or is not part of the establishment due to his support of the gun lobby's opposition to gun control which includes background checks for all gun purchases.

Here's an article you may want to glance over.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...guns.html?_r=0

The Adam Lanza reference was about how he was born and raised right here so the comment on sending him and other such terrorists back to where they came from makes no sense.

It would be helpful if you researched your comments to make sure you are posting accurate information.
That isn't what I said. I have no desire to address dishonesty.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:14 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Bernie is just envious, bitter and crazy. He's has no argument! Wasting taxpayers dollars on him for Secret Service coverage is government waste!
You're government waste.

Old 07-02-2016, 07:15 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
B.S. reminds me of the guy you invite to your party who comes with a bunch of pals and complains about the quality of the beer, the limited number of hot women, and the snacks which are not to their liking.

Then come time to go home and he won't leave. Many of his pals drift away, but he and a core group continue fighting for better beer and snacks and more hot women next time.

Enough already. The train has left the station. Time to pack up and head home.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:33 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,104 times
Quote:
B.S. reminds me of the guy you invite to your party who comes with a bunch of pals and complains about the quality of the beer, the limited number of hot women, and the snacks which are not to their liking.

Then come time to go home and he won't leave. Many of his pals drift away, but he and a core group continue fighting for better beer and snacks and more hot women next time.

That's a cynical and defeatist view of how people should interact with their government.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I wouldn't say that, but of course, the media will play that as a headline because like others have said...the mainstream media is in the business of dictating public opinion rather than reporting it and the media is clearly in favor of Hillary.

Either way, this was one divisive debate between the two of them, and I think there were certain things that can't be taken back between Bernie and Hillary.

Essentially if Bernie is willing to support Hillary, he's saying that he supports Wall Street....because he declared that Wall St's interest are what Hillary is representing and that she can't be trusted.

He ran his entire campaign on this idea.

It's one thing to be against Trump, but to support Hillary in lieu of that is defying his own integrity IMO.

I think some of his supporters while not seeing this as a reason to vote for Hillary, will elect to stay home rather to vote in her favor. If Trump is smart he'll use Bernie's arguments verbatim to exploit that.
Bernie ran his entire campaign on Wall Street - yes, he did. I've always why he didn't call out Barack Obama, and many of his friends in the Senate who also took Wall Street money.

I wonder why he took money from the DNC to get his campaign started.

I wonder why he ran as a Democrat if he finds the entire group so objectionable.

And lastly, I do NOT wonder what he would have done should he have been the nominee. He would take all the PAC money he could get in order to defeat Trump and that includes Wall Street.

The Bern was always a wee bit disingenuous in that area.

Quote:

Exactly.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:57 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Talking Clintons taking a Fall with the DNC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Why would you make this assumption when he was beaten by millions of votes in the primary? That's not a particularly good track record to say he would automatically beat Hillary given that he couldn't beat her in the first place. Yes, he might draw some Republican votes, but it's clear that Hillary is already doing that, what with all of the recent high profile Republican endorsements she's gotten recently.
Clintons could be arrested any day now! May open the door for Biden and Bernie!

Old 07-02-2016, 04:59 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Clintons could be arrested any day now! May open the door for Biden and Bernie!
Not going to happen, Democratic administration, by the way, Obama will issue a pardon!

Old 07-02-2016, 04:59 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
I just watched "old man" Sanders on CNN. My conclusion, Sanders is just a dumb con artist. Too dumb to know College Tuition is already free, I doubt if he knows what a Pell Grant is?

Hillary Clinton doesn't need Sanders endorsement and she shouldn't pursue one, she already has received the most important endorsements from the heavy weights in the Democratic party.

At this point in time and Let me make this perfectly clear, Sanders is a nobody, time has passed him by, he's a loser.
Are you a disgruntled former employee of his or something? You seem to carry a lot of...anger towards him.

Ijs.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:03 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,655 times
Quote:
I just watched "old man" Sanders on CNN. My conclusion, Sanders is just a dumb con artist. Too dumb to know College Tuition is already free, I doubt if he knows what a Pell Grant is?

Hillary Clinton doesn't need Sanders endorsement and she shouldn't pursue one, she already has received the most important endorsements from the heavy weights in the Democratic party.

At this point in time and Let me make this perfectly clear, Sanders is a nobody, time has passed him by, he's a loser.
Just making voter turnout in the general that much lower with every post like this.
You guys are really, really trying hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, Aren't Ya.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:

Those against the useless wars, the continued bail out of Wall Street, the lies, the corruption should not just go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.