Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 01:23 PM

24,527 posts, read 33,408,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Bush lied and 4500 died and I can be outraged about whatever I want.

Hillary voted to let Bush make a decision; that is ALL.

Had the Iraq War been investigated as much as Benghazi - we might know what those emails contained.

Your hypocrisy is outstanding.

PS: *probably* is key here. We DO know that the State Department email was *definitely* hacked.
What did Bush lie about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 01:42 PM

17,411 posts, read 12,024,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Hmm, we have Hillary who was careless with emails, and then we have Trump who has cheated on his two former wives, is in favor of torture, which is against international law, and praises dictators worldwide, all while demeaning women and drawing into his circle of supporters the most racist and bigoted white people this country has to offer. I'll take Hillary over Donald any day.

Hillary is a career politician, it's almost expected that they lie, or at least tell half truths. The Donald on the other hand will say one thing on one day and completely change his mind the next, no consistency at all, that should be extremely worrisome.
So if it's expected, that means it's OK?

I love how Clinton's only crime is her carelessness with emails.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that she enabled a sexual predator, remained married to him and threatened his victims.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that she takes money from dictators worldwide, who support the systematic torture and oppression of women and gays.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that her inner circle is littered with folks that have terrorist connections.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:29 PM

7,010 posts, read 12,021,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Spoken like a true Hillarybot.

Really? I have a reckless driving conviction and it's never been anything but a misdemeanor.

Do I have to drive 50 mph over the limit to get the careless driving?
Reckless is the misdemeanor, careless is just a moving violation or traffic citation. I'm trying to illustrate the difference between carelessness and criminal intent, or wilful negligence.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So if it's expected, that means it's OK?

I love how Clinton's only crime is her carelessness with emails.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that she enabled a sexual predator, remained married to him and threatened his victims.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that she takes money from dictators worldwide, who support the systematic torture and oppression of women and gays.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that her inner circle is littered with folks that have terrorist connections.
Those others are crimes???

Bill is a sexual predator because he had an affair?

The United States props up dictator countries with our funds and monies, no I don't support it, but this is all the the Clinton Global Initiative, there are more moving parts in that foundation than just Bill and Hillary. I think we know that Hillary and the democratic party both denounce torture or oppression of gays, not so on the Trump side.

Her friends have terrorist connections? Is this like that story of Obama being friends with the terrorist guy from Chicago? That one turned out to be a big flop for the republican conspiracy theorists, just like the birther movement.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:39 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,873,647 times
Not sure....do Republicans not care about Donald Trump lying to the country?

Old 07-11-2016, 05:53 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,986,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Not sure....do Republicans not care about Donald Trump lying to the country?
Donald Trump's lies didn't put U.S. National security at risk, nor did he say anything to get U.S. Citizens killed. The same can't be said about Mrs. Clinton.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Donald Trump's lies didn't put U.S. National security at risk, nor did he say anything to get U.S. Citizens killed. The same can't be said about Mrs. Clinton.
Hillary didn't say anything to get anyone killed either, what are you getting at with that?

Listen to Trump's rhetoric, do you think if he spouted off that way as President that there won't be worldwide repercussions and effects? The man flip flops his positions on a daily basis, for torture then against it, then for it. For gun control measures, then against, etc.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:51 AM

2,645 posts, read 1,854,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Sure, but the potential is there. The man is a huge security risk. His mouth goes off before his brain knows what he is doing.

Mrs Clinton, may not be perfect and is not my first choice; she makes Trump look like the sap he is. We may not have the best of the best this election cycle; but a known bigot and fear monger is not what we need in our world. The people thought Hitler was the best thing since sliced bread and how did that go????

Old 07-12-2016, 04:11 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,246,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When Bill Clinton directly lied to the American people, I didn't really hold that against him. That doesn't mean I believed he shouldn't have been held accountable for committing perjury, but when he lied outside of the deposition, it was more of a "personal" issue for a public person.

What I can't understand is how so many Democrats will continue to support her when she directly lied to the country about matters of national security.

If you are still supporting her after this, how can you justify it?

This isn't a "I don't like her so I will assume she lied", it's a matter of fact. FBI Director Comey completely contradicts many of her direct statements. So, either she is lying or the FBI is lying, and we know it's not the FBI.

If you don't like Trump, don't vote for him. I can't stand Hilary, but I'm not going to vote for Trump.

Why can't Democrats take a stand on this? If enough Democrats had the backbone to do the right thing, there would still be time to select another person at the convention.

Do the majority of Democrats have no integrity at all?
Not at all. Her husband was caught lying after a 70 million dollar effort to prove it. The democrats answer? Why did you spend the money? Versus, why didn't you tell the truth and save us the money. Commits perjury, gets a pass. Hillary lies repeatedly, deletes 30,000 emails and it's okay in the Clinton's book. The AG and FBI give her a pass.

If you are a Clinton, you lie for a living. It's what you do. If you want insurance, you call Geico...it's what you do.

She would satisfy a camel in the morning, a black panther rally at noon, and a mexican drug cartel later in the day if it would win the white house. The democrats would blame it on the camel taking advantage of her and Reid blaming congress for being slow to act, the black panthers did it out of year's of frustration with whitey, and the Mexican cartel angry at the new "trade deal" bush put in place that no one can recall while ignoring Bill's NAFTA initiatives.

Being a democrat means never having to admit you are wrong or never having to say you are sorry. And above all, never let the facts get in the way. There is always someone else to blame for their f/ups.

Clinton's lying.....it's what you do....

Old 07-12-2016, 05:34 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,459,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What did Bush lie about?
Good question.

All the western intel agencies said that Saddam had WMDs.

Quote:
Reckless is the misdemeanor, careless is just a moving violation or traffic citation. I'm trying to illustrate the difference between carelessness and criminal intent, or wilful negligence.
The statute Hillary violated (18 USC, Section 793 (f)) refers to "gross negligence" (or what Comey called "extreme recklessness"), not "willful negligence."

Quote:
I think we know that Hillary and the democratic party both denounce torture or oppression of gays, not so on the Trump side.
Actually, we don't know that.

When has Hillary ever condemned Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States for torture and the oppression of women and gays?

Never, that's when.

And they've given millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation.

Quote:
Her friends have terrorist connections? Is this like that story of Obama being friends with the terrorist guy from Chicago? That one turned out to be a big flop for the republican conspiracy theorists, just like the birther movement.
Wrong.

Obama was friends with terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn.

That is simply a fact, whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Hillary didn't say anything to get anyone killed either, what are you getting at with that?
She supported the war in Iraq.

Even Bernie says that she did.

She also supported the war in Libya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections