Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 11:38 AM

12,072 posts, read 5,963,966 times

Advertisements

Let's not put all Democrats in the same boat guys and gals. I'm a Democrat that's supporting Trump as are my neighbors. Do we wish there was an alternative sometimes - yes - but a vote for Johnson will not keep Hillary out of the WH..

But a majority of Democrats just vote the flavor of the month and this time it's to see a woman in power. They proved this back in 2008 when they elected Obama over Hillary - Obama had far less experience than Hillary at the time which they claim is why Trump would be a bad president and yet they chose Obama over Hillary. She wasn't good enough then but she's good enough now - go figure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 11:58 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,910,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Let's not put all Democrats in the same boat guys and gals. I'm a Democrat that's supporting Trump as are my neighbors. Do we wish there was an alternative sometimes - yes - but a vote for Johnson will not keep Hillary out of the WH..

But a majority of Democrats just vote the flavor of the month and this time it's to see a woman in power. They proved this back in 2008 when they elected Obama over Hillary - Obama had far less experience than Hillary at the time which they claim is why Trump would be a bad president and yet they chose Obama over Hillary.
There are posters on this forum who declared last summer they would never vote for Trump, who have recently come out and said, well, he's the Republican nominee, so I have no choice but to vote for him. So that kind of blind devotion to party is definitely not limited to the left. It happens with just as much frequency on the right.

Quote:
She wasn't good enough then but she's good enough now - go figure!
It was a hotly contested primary and she got millions of votes, but fell just short at the end. But yeah, you're right, Hillary is the only candidate who failed to win the presidential nomination one year and came back to win it four years later.

What was that stupid Ronald Reagan thinking when he came back in 1980 after losing a hotly contested race in 1976? The idiot! Didn't he know if he wasn't good enough in '76, then he wasn't good enough in '80? It must be true because xray731 says it is.

You should read a history book once in a while so you don't look so silly.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:10 PM

759 posts, read 642,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It doesn't matter because the cop killings in Dallas conveniently took the Hillary Clinton story off the front page.
Yes indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Conveniently? Why would you use such a term in this case?
I can sense your terrible disappointment that the deaths of these officers are getting in the way of your political witch hunt. How inconsiderate of them.
Because it was such perfect timing?

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/...sgawyneij.jpeg

What was that from the FBI(gnorance)?

https://i.imgflip.com/16yk98.jpg

We know Mr. Comey.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-10-2016 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 07-08-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
On a lying scale of 1 to 10, with G W Bush and Cheney being a 10, Hillary Clinton ranks about 2 or 3 and Trump is about 7 or 8. Most of the 'Lying Hillary' BS is Trump campaign and GOP talking points and fodder for right-wing crackpots. There has never been a GOP president in my lifetime who was not a calculated liar so the righteous indignation from the GOP is simply another lie in itself. There's plenty of lying to go around in politics but Trump and the GOP are unabashed and willful liars. It is part of their strategy.

How about counting the lies in that 2 min video and then come back when you recalibrate your scale...

Old 07-08-2016, 01:17 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,215,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
110 emails were classified, and Comey says that Clinton should have known that.

But nice try, anyway.
They were not marked classified. Only three were marked with a (C).

Old 07-08-2016, 01:20 PM

29,637 posts, read 16,670,615 times
Quote:

But a majority of Democrats just vote the flavor of the month and this time it's to see a woman in power. They proved this back in 2008 when they elected Obama over Hillary - Obama had far less experience than Hillary at the time which they claim is why Trump would be a bad president and yet they chose Obama over Hillary. She wasn't good enough then but she's good enough now - go figure!
NO, NO, NO.

Believing that Barack Obama ( who was a State and US senator) was the better of the 2, is not the same as comparing Clinton who now has added experience as Sec of State to Donald Trump who has absolutely no experience in government what so ever.

You think Donald Trump is better for the country, thats fine. I 100% disagree, but you have a right to that opinion. But you are wrong to compare the 2 situations, as they are no where near equal.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:25 PM

29,637 posts, read 16,670,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
It also needs to be noted that they were classified but incorrectly marked, meaning you wouldnt have knowing they were classified. 2 of them were never even classified, they just got the wrong marking.

So we are really only talking about 1 email.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:29 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,015,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
This is absolute garbage. People want to claim that this woman was clueless to one of the most sensitive and critical aspects of her job. Security should be one of THE top priorities for any SoS, POTUS or other comparable level Federal employee.

In her own words:

Transcript: Hillary Clinton Press Conference on Emails

Quote:
CLINTON: I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material. So I’m certainly well-aware of the classification requirements and did not send classified material.
In the words of Comey:

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...-e-mail-system

Quote:
There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation.
There are only two options here: a) she is a liar with no regard for national security or b) she was never qualified to be SoS

Both are major issues for someone who thinks they should be the next POTUS

Old 07-08-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Believing that Barack Obama ( who was a State and US senator) was the better of the 2, is not the same as comparing Clinton who now has added experience as Sec of State to Donald Trump who has absolutely no experience in government what so ever.
Hillary was a horrible SoS... lets not go there.

The Dems elected Obama despite his lack of experience which was outweighed by the fact he was black. Now Hillary's corruption and lies are being outweighed by the fact she's a woman.

You flavor of the month Democratic voters... I swear...

Old 07-08-2016, 01:39 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,910,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Because it was such perfect timing?
So are you suggesting that Hillary Clinton had something to do with the shootings? Because otherwise this "perfect timing" thing you're babbling on about makes no sense.

Not that I wouldn't put it past the nuts on the right to build some kind of inane conspiracy around this now. Stupidity like that is right up their alley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections