Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 01:28 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,585,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
What about independent voters who don't tow party lines and are simply seeking the best candidate?

Can they be upset that HRC flat out lied and has been shown to be incompetent?

Can any of you DEMS at least have a little self respect and call out HRC for what she is?

I mean you can say "I'll still vote for her, cause she's better than Trump, but I am disgusted with her"

I haven't seen that sentiment from any of you. Just a bunch of "yeah, but Trump this and Trump that", "YAY Hillary!".

That is what's so pathetic.
This is the best post so far on this thread. Had to rep you on this.

There are plenty of people who can't stand Hillary who aren't Republicans, and never supported Bush.

Criticisms of Hillary stand on their own merit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 04:43 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Was it involved classified and top secrets information. Did those emails put the country at risk like Comfey testified.
4500 Americans died under Bush. So the answer to your question is YES.

But Republicans didn't care enough to have 8 or 9 investigations like they did for Hillary.
Which is why I despise the lying hypocrites.

Oh, and they LOVED Comfey - great Republican leader blah blah blah ~ until he gave them answers they didn't want to hear.

Lying, incompetent, hypocrites who don't have one clue how to govern.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:35 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,458,541 times
Just a little silly thing called fact checking.

Revisiting Clinton and Classified Information

Old 07-10-2016, 05:51 PM

759 posts, read 638,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
4500 Americans died under Bush. So the answer to your question is YES.

But Republicans didn't care enough to have 8 or 9 investigations like they did for Hillary.
Which is why I despise the lying hypocrites.

Oh, and they LOVED Comfey - great Republican leader blah blah blah ~ until he gave them answers they didn't want to hear.

Lying, incompetent, hypocrites who don't have one clue how to govern.
Haha... but Obama and Hillary walk the straight and narrow?

You got the hypocrite part right.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:55 PM

30,087 posts, read 18,704,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When Bill Clinton directly lied to the American people, I didn't really hold that against him. That doesn't mean I believed he shouldn't have been held accountable for committing perjury, but when he lied outside of the deposition, it was more of a "personal" issue for a public person.

What I can't understand is how so many Democrats will continue to support her when she directly lied to the country about matters of national security.

If you are still supporting her after this, how can you justify it?

This isn't a "I don't like her so I will assume she lied", it's a matter of fact. FBI Director Comey completely contradicts many of her direct statements. So, either she is lying or the FBI is lying, and we know it's not the FBI.

If you don't like Trump, don't vote for him. I can't stand Hilary, but I'm not going to vote for Trump.

Why can't Democrats take a stand on this? If enough Democrats had the backbone to do the right thing, there would still be time to select another person at the convention.

Do the majority of Democrats have no integrity at all?
No-

Liberals do not care about the rule of law, or equal protection under the law. They care about DEMOCRATS being elected, regardless of what they have done, or what they will do.

Liberals are totalitarians and do not care about the promise of the Constitution, the rule of law, a classless society, and equal opportunity.

Libs are the modern nazis and will eagerly vote for Hillary, despite the evidence that she is self serving, corrupt totalitarian, who seeks office only for personal gain.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,676,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No-

Liberals do not care about the rule of law, or equal protection under the law. They care about DEMOCRATS being elected, regardless of what they have done, or what they will do.

Liberals are totalitarians and do not care about the promise of the Constitution, the rule of law, a classless society, and equal opportunity.

Libs are the modern nazis and will eagerly vote for Hillary, despite the evidence that she is self serving, corrupt totalitarian, who seeks office only for personal gain.

I must be a lib then because your sentence I bolded reads to me,

Trumpoids are the modern Nazis and will eagerly vote for Donald Trump, despite the evidence that he is a self serving, corrupt totalitarian, who seeks office only for personal gain.

Swear to Cod I believe this to be true.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:24 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,853,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Do Democrats really not care about Clinton lying to the country?

They only care about others lying. The queen of liars gets a free pass with libs, and this is what they want to be the President of this country.

I'm sick to death of this.

1. I haven't given Clinton a pass on anything.

2. You don't even know me, so how can you possibly know what I want? The fact is, you have no freaking clue what I want.

Oh,right. Because "all 'libs' do/think X" in your little area of Myopia,right?

Lumping all individuals of a group into one box is intellectually lazy.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:28 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,853,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No-

Liberals do not care about the rule of law, or equal protection under the law.
You don't have the first damnclue what I do, or do not care about. So knock of the generalizing, Mr. Generalizer Bunny.

Quote:
GODWIN!!

Old 07-10-2016, 11:47 PM

358 posts, read 711,586 times
This was/is so much wasted time and effort when there are so many other things that need attention. Understand that the term 'classified' means exactly what it says. Someone has evaluated a piece of information and actively determined that it should be classified...meaning clearly marked and handled in accordance with that marking. Information is not just born classified. Sure, you can have some govy clerk (practicing CYA) come in after the fact and make all sorts of declarations about how sensitive the info is. But I'm sorry, until that is done there is a very real gray area there. We have human beings in the mix and we trust them to use judgement. If you think this was reckless and poor judgement, fine. But it's not some crime. And that's exactly where the FBI wound up.

Now, there were a few emails where you had the little "(C)" at the beginning of a paragraph within the email. Yes, that is very problematic. But again, the classification system relies heavily on markings being clear (think big red letters and stuff). And so again, it's just not black and white, sorry. And it no reason to toss someone in jail. The story is that some staffer who was supposed to downgrade the classification (which happens ALL the time when folks determine that info just needs to flow to the right place) just goofed it up. I'm sure it's not a satisfying answer for many of you, but it is plausible, yes.

I'm a moderate democrat. I could easily be moved to vote Republican (certainly I'm not a huge fan of Hillary C.). But they keep scaring me off and this would be an example of that. The FBI wasted Lord knows how much effort looking into this and they are saying we need to move on. They are spot on but folks just wanna be angry i don't know.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:27 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by point80 View Post
This was/is so much wasted time and effort when there are so many other things that need attention. Understand that the term 'classified' means exactly what it says. Someone has evaluated a piece of information and actively determined that it should be classified...meaning clearly marked and handled in accordance with that marking. Information is not just born classified. Sure, you can have some govy clerk (practicing CYA) come in after the fact and make all sorts of declarations about how sensitive the info is. But I'm sorry, until that is done there is a very real gray area there. We have human beings in the mix and we trust them to use judgement. If you think this was reckless and poor judgement, fine. But it's not some crime. And that's exactly where the FBI wound up.

Now, there were a few emails where you had the little "(C)" at the beginning of a paragraph within the email. Yes, that is very problematic. But again, the classification system relies heavily on markings being clear (think big red letters and stuff). And so again, it's just not black and white, sorry. And it no reason to toss someone in jail. The story is that some staffer who was supposed to downgrade the classification (which happens ALL the time when folks determine that info just needs to flow to the right place) just goofed it up. I'm sure it's not a satisfying answer for many of you, but it is plausible, yes.

I'm a moderate democrat. I could easily be moved to vote Republican (certainly I'm not a huge fan of Hillary C.). But they keep scaring me off and this would be an example of that. The FBI wasted Lord knows how much effort looking into this and they are saying we need to move on. They are spot on but folks just wanna be angry i don't know.
Hillary should have recognized material that was classified before she sent it.

Comey says she was extremely careless, and he says that she sent or received 110 emails that were classified -- including at such a high level that even Congressmen can't see them.

And she did State Department business on a private server that could easily be hacked.

She was caught in numerous lies which, side by side with Comey's statements, will prove to a lot of people that she can't tell the truth.

She deleted thousands of emails, no doubt to hide the fact that she was using the State Department to do favors for companies and foreign governments in return for kickbacks to the Clinton Foundation and exorbitant payments for Bill's speeches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections