Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 02:47 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...cast/virginia/

Looks like she is doing fine, don't worry.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:49 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Hampton University? LOL

You are getting desperate.
Hampton University has a "B" rating from 538.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:51 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Hampton University? LOL

You are getting desperate.
What's LOL about it? They have a Center for Public Policy like many other universities.

To answer the OP's question, the talking heads and elected leaders have had their heads in the sand about immigration for so long, they refuse to believe how many Americans want secure borders and no amnesty. Trump's speech last night won the election.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:55 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
More 'black outreach', I see...
Obama in 2012 was on the pimp-with-a-limp's radio show; that's just fact.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:57 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Hampton University has Hillary up two percent. The last poll from a few weeks ago had her up 12%.
Shouldn't this be in the sticky Polls forum?
Where is your link showing Clinton up by 12% in a HU poll?
On their website, the last HU poll was in mid-July and had Trump over Clinton by .4%

Old 09-01-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Shouldn't this be in the sticky Polls forum?
Where is your link showing Clinton up by 12% in a HU poll?
On their website, the last HU poll was in mid-July and had Trump over Clinton by .4.
By "last poll" I was referring to the poll closest to this point in time. Mid July really has nothing to do with early September.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:03 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
By "last poll" I was referring to the poll closest to this point in time. Mid July really has nothing to do with early September.
You mean a poll by another pollster? That's comparing apples and oranges because they all have different methodology and use different algorithms on how they decide if they have a representative sample and so on. Comparing polls from the same pollster over time are what gives you information about how a candidate is doing, not comparing one poll to another.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:06 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,161,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
What's LOL about it? They have a Center for Public Policy like many other universities.

To answer the OP's question, the talking heads and elected leaders have had their heads in the sand about immigration for so long, they refuse to believe how many Americans want secure borders and no amnesty. Trump's speech last night won the election.
I graduated from an HBCU so I am not laughing at Hampton U. I am laughing at the polls. I don't trust their results. They had Trump ahead in VA in July/Agust when every other poll (Post, USA Today, NY Times) had him down.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You mean a poll by another pollster? That's comparing apples and oranges because they all have different methodology and use different algorithms on how they decide if they have a representative sample and so on. Comparing polls from the same pollster over time are what gives you information about how a candidate is doing, not comparing one poll to another.
I only see ONE other poll listed from Hampton on RCP. The sample size isn't significant enough to truly establish how that poll trends.

The take away I see is that in August we saw Clinton leads of +12, +13, +19 and +12 in Virginia - now, like in a lot of states, we are seeing her lead heavily cut into. As Nate Silver pointed out, Wisconsin is another example of that happening - at one point she had a solid double digit lead...now it's competitive. This must be worrying the hell out of dem strategist. Trump was on defense for much of August, but now he's on offense and the poll numbers are reflecting it. Hillary...well she has disappeared.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:26 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler15 View Post
Her unfavorability has risen considerably in the last 3 weeks, which is reflected in the polls. Just 3 weeks ago people were discussing the possibility of a landslide and now polls are tightening faster than anyone expected.

In my opinion, there are 2 reasons for this:

1. Too many people are gullible - the influx of whacky YouTube videos and bizarre conspiracy sites popping up about Hillary's health are having an impact.

2. Hillary has been conspicuously absent while Trump is visible every day - this makes it look like she's hiding something and feeds into the notion that she's untrustworthy. And when she is giving a rare speech in public, like the recent one in Cincinnati, she comes across as cold and unpersonable, hardly ever smiling. The rare moment where we all saw her smiling and personable and likeable was during her acceptance speech, and that was when her poll numbers skyrocketed to an all-time high.
Number 2 will change now after Labor Day. She raised 140 million in her hiatus. That money means she will be everywhere in September. Keep in mind that any slip Clinton has had in the polls just went to "undecided" or one of the also rans, not Trump. She will regain most of that when she gets her happy face out there again. In the end, though, it's a 5-8 point race not a double digit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections