Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 12:38 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I wouldn't pull out. Six points is not much, especially when Trump has a good chance of overperforming due to enthusiasm.
That's true. With the way Trump is moving, 6 could become 2-3 in a few weeks and then it's up in the air.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
"There are countless numbers of Donald Trump supporters who are afraid to come out and publically support him but will vote for him on Election Day, veteran Republican political consultant Roger Stone tells Newsmax TV.

"We've actually seen this empirically. If you use an automated poll — push one for Trump, push two for Clinton, push three for undecided — and you contrast those polls where a live operator is used, Trump does substantially three to four points better in the automated poll," Stone said Friday to Steve Malzberg on "America Talks Live."

Roger Stone: Lots of Trump Voters Not Admitting It to Pollsters
I see this in public too. Many people simply won't voice an opinion because they don't like being judged. I heard much more talk about Romney despite him not doing nearly as well as Trump in the polls. Someone I know went on vacation recently and decided to wear a Trump shirt - there were many people on the beach and around the pool that were upset and had something to say. Most people don't like that type of attention so they'll simply keep their politics private.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:47 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I see this in public too. Many people simply won't voice an opinion because they don't like being judged. Someone I know went on vacation recently and decided to wear a Trump shirt - there were many people on the beach and around the pool that were upset and had to say something. Most people don't like that type of attention.
If this is true, shouldn't the same dynamic be in play for Clinton as well?

Old 09-25-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
If this is true, shouldn't the same dynamic be in play for Clinton as well?
Not really the same dynamic. Team Hillary has pushed the deplorables attack on Trump supporters...racist, homophobes, xenophobes, sexist, etc. Having people assume you're racist (basically 17th century equivalent of being called a witch) when all they know is that you support Trump is not a comfy position out in public.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:05 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Perhaps, given the aforementioned information, the LA Times poll is about right.

"The L.A. Times Daily Tracking poll shows that Donald Trump is pulling ahead of Hillary Clinton again, now leading her by 4.1 points.

Trump is now at 46.4 percent while Clinton is at 42.3 percent, indicated that he is regaining his lead after he started trending downward."

L.A. Times Tracking Poll: Trump Pulls Ahead Of Hillary By Four Points - Breitbart

Old 09-25-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Not really the same dynamic. Team Hillary has pushed the deplorables attack on Trump supporters...racist, homophobes, xenophobes, sexist, etc. Having people assume you're racist (basically 17th century equivalent of being called a witch) when all they know is that you support Trump is not a comfy position out in public.
??????? Judging by what some posters right here on c-d say, and some of the signs and actions at Trump rallies, I have no trouble thinking that there are places in the US where a Clinton supporter would not be a bit comfy.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
??????? Judging by what some posters right here on c-d say, and some of the signs and actions at Trump rallies, I have no trouble thinking that there are places in the US where a Clinton supporter would not be a bit comfy.
At a Trump rally where people congregate to be vocal about their politics? Say it ain't so!

Old 09-25-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
At a Trump rally where people congregate to be vocal about their politics? Say it ain't so!
Of course it's so, when did I say differently?

Do you really think those supporters forget about their "hang hillary" signs the minute they leave the rally? And if it's true that there are Trump supporters who feel too socially intimidated to answer a poll truthfully, why wouldn't there be Clinton supporters who feel too socially intimidated to answer a poll truthfully?

Old 09-25-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Of course it's so, when did I say differently?

Do you really think those supporters forget about their "hang hillary" signs the minute they leave the rally? And if it's true that there are Trump supporters who feel too socially intimidated to answer a poll truthfully, why wouldn't there be Clinton supporters who feel too socially intimidated to answer a poll truthfully?
I just told you - many don't want people assuming they're racist/homophobic/sexist, etc. Team Hillary has pushed that narrative for 10 months and HRC capped it off by calling Trump supporters deplorables.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I just told you - many don't want people assuming they're racist/homophobic/sexist, etc. Team Hillary has pushed that narrative for 10 months and HRC capped it off by calling Trump supporters deplorables.
That still doesn't answer my question - if it's true that there are Trump supporters who feel too socially intimidated to answer a poll truthfully, why wouldn't there be Clinton supporters who feel too socially intimidated to answer a poll truthfully?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections