Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 06:11 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I'm adding this thread to my topics so I can re-read it on election night. So many bold claims and predictions made without any actual evidence.
Lots of threads have been bookmarked......rep

Old 11-06-2016, 06:29 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,954,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So, the polls are showing that Hillary has been dropping for two weeks now, a full week before the FBI announced it was reopening its espionage investigation against Hillary.

Voter turnout, especially among minorities has not been good for Hillary in the early voting, not a good sign, most of the early voting took place before the FBI's announcement.

So we know the numbers don't look good for Hillary, but what about the mood of voters.

Two weeks ago all we saw from the Democrats was that the election was over. Now, there is a very different feeling coming from the democrats, a feeling of desperation ...

There is no denying it, the mood has dramatically changed, the democrats are completely on the defensive ...

Hillary, and her supporters cannot take anymore, one more serious leak, one more FBI revelation, and it's all over, there will be no possible chance of her winning.

We are on the brink, it's almost over, we went from Hillary has already won, to she is circling the drain, and is about to go down.
Sounds like you are spinning it to put on a brave face.

The race has tightened, but all indications suggest not only will Hillary win, but will win with a very comfortable margin.

Your fantasy about Democrats in despair might make you feel better, but it is just wishful thinking on your part.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:56 PM

6,419 posts, read 8,285,865 times
Oh, hubris.

It's wonderful when victory is all but assured, and you've concluded it will happen by basing everything on empirical, concrete evidence. Nevertheless, defeat stings twice as much when all of your hopes of victory were primarily based on nothing but dreams and wishful thinking.

I guess we shall see on Tuesday what happens, but threads like this are such a gamble.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:06 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,104,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Sounds like you are spinning it to put on a brave face.

The race has tightened, but all indications suggest not only will Hillary win, but will win with a very comfortable margin.

Your fantasy about Democrats in despair might make you feel better, but it is just wishful thinking on your part.
No spin necessary.

The polls show it's going to be a very close race.

The fact that Hillary is campaigning at the last minute in places like PA, Virginia, New Hampshire, Colorado and Michigan (of all places) shows that she isn't "winning" by a comfortable margin.

Quote:
Oh, hubris.

It's wonderful when victory is all but assured, and you've concluded it will happen by basing everything on empirical, concrete evidence. Nevertheless, defeat stings twice as much when all of your hopes of victory were primarily based on nothing but dreams and wishful thinking.

I guess we shall see on Tuesday what happens, but threads like this are such a gamble.

The dems were the only ones saying victory was assured (two, and a half weeks ago), nobody has been saying that about either candidate recently.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:11 PM

Really? I must be confused about what thread I'm posting in, which is essentially nothing but a bunch of people claiming they can "feel" a Trump victory, because of...um...feelings? What these feelings are based is anyone's guess, but that's what this thread is about. I didn't start the thread, but morbid fascination will keep me around anyway.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:18 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,104,914 times
Quote:
Really? I must be confused about what thread I'm posting in, which is essentially nothing but a bunch of people claiming they can "feel" a Trump victory, because of...um...feelings? What these feelings are based is anyone's guess, but that's what this thread is about. I didn't start the thread, but morbid fascination will keep me around anyway.
No, my thread is about how the mood has changed about Hillary.

I never said Trump is assured victory.

I said Hillary is circling the drain.

Dropping in the polls the last two weeks before the election, and having to campaign in states you should have wrapped up is bad, very bad, you can't deny it.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:19 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
I'm watching Faux News right now for the -hits and giggles

One panelist earlier stated that Trump CAN NOT win if the African American and Latino vote turns out so they want us ALL to stay home LOLOLOLOL And then stated that they need a flood of uneducated white voters to turn out at the polls plus they need the educated Never Trump whited to have a change of heart.

The panic is palpable......and effin' delicious

Old 11-06-2016, 07:30 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,502,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I'm watching Faux News right now for the -hits and giggles
The panic is palpable......and effin' delicious

Fox News will be even better on Tuesday night. And all day Wednesday.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Fox News will be even better on Tuesday night. And all day Wednesday.
Yes! And on Tuesday night I plan to watch Faux News fully enjoying their deliciously bitter tears.

I propose a fun little drinking game (with your drink of choice) for the event:

1 shot for each time a Faux News panelist says "emails" and/or "server"
2 shots for each time a Faux News panelist says "rigged"
3 shots if Trump says the words "I concede"

Old 11-06-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No, my thread is about how the mood has changed about Hillary.

I never said Trump is assured victory.

I said Hillary is circling the drain.

Dropping in the polls the last two weeks before the election, and having to campaign in states you should have wrapped up is bad, very bad, you can't deny it.
Ha. Ok. Whatever you say. I'm just going on the actual words you thought up and typed out. Hillary sure doesn't seem circling the drain to m, based on what practically every final poll out there is suggesting, but I guess we'll find out of the next 48 hours or so to see if your feelings were valid or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections