Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 01:36 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,284,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
He will be telling you what you can and can't say though....if he likes and agrees with it of course you can say it but on the flip sides well.....you CAN read so you know his thoughts and have read his tweets.
And I've seen nothing to make me think that he's going to restrict my freedom of speech in any way, shape, or form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 01:43 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,907,325 times
The only thing I want government to do for me is get the hell out of my way.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:58 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,121,960 times
I expect the mass deportations and closing of the immigration valves will lower housing/rent costs (plus for renters like myself) and put the pressure on employers to start investing in Americans again rather than H1B.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:48 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,602,089 times
Pay all of my bills, buy me a new car, wipe my ass.... Oh... and scratch the itch in middle of my back when I'm driving with a winter coat on.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:58 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,984,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
t.

Ensure everyone's equals rights are upheld by the Federal, State, and Local governments.

ROFL

Protect natural resources and create new National Park's.

ROFL with hiccups.

Expand care and reform care in regards to Mental Health in the US.

When did he even suggest that?

Reform education and the criminal justice system in the US.

Reform education by taking monies from public schools that are already suffering?
Throw people in jail without a trial?

Legalize marijuana.

You're dreaming.

Expand State power by doing away with various Federal Agencies.

So a gay person, for ex, had better not take a job in NC?

Lower cost of higher education.

Are you on something?

Fix Healthcare system. Make it inexpensive and increasingly available.

It will be an open, greedy, unregulated market that ordinary people will not be able to keep up with. Corporate providers strive for corporate PROFIT.

Fix housing market and lower rates. Increase availability of home loans for first time buyers.

Yeah sure, with dopey unfit Ben Carson taking the lead, he being against rent subsidies and all.
^

Old 01-04-2017, 07:06 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,381,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I expect the mass deportations and closing of the immigration valves will lower housing/rent costs (plus for renters like myself) and put the pressure on employers to start investing in Americans again rather than H1B.
Illegals don't arrive on H1B visas. Employers use lots of Asians on these visas for IT jobs because they can pay them a lot less than American employees.

Most illegals live with lots of family members in low rent areas or trailer parks. I doubt them being gone will lower your rent.

Now if you are looking for a landscaping, roofer or maid or nanny job, the reduction in illegal workers may help you.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Repair nearly a decade of damage done to the readiness of our Armed Forces under the watch of his predecessor. Use his majority in the House, and Senate to finally pass a darn budget on time, instead of an unending slew of Continuing Resolution, that while inconvenient to the majority of Federal agencies, are particularly damaging to military readiness. Raise the military end strength, and associated civilian support staff back to levels that allow the Armed Forces to actually have the ability to conduct their assigned missions. Get our Veterans the care they deserve. Stop targeting military retiree benefits as a first action to save dollars for other initiatives. Finally, stop using the military as a giant social experiment.
You do realize expanding the military and civilian staff will greatly increase the national deficit, right?

Old 01-04-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I agree with your reframing of the question, this is about how we will be used, not what opportunities will be presented to us. However based upon the results of the last election it's certainly possible that the Trump cult will continue to believe every single word that comes out of his mouth or through Twitter, and will forgive every disaster that besets them in the coming years - after all he/they can always apply the pretzel logic of blaming it on Obama. That's because we are rapidly moving away from an age where facts and reason and critical thinking mattered. Once you toss those pre-requisites for modern society onto the ash heap of history, it's certainly possible that a con man like Trump could prevail in taking us back into the dark ages.
^^^^^^^^^^^^This, YES!!

Old 01-04-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
And I've seen nothing to make me think that he's going to restrict my freedom of speech in any way, shape, or form.
So far.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Seriously---If we survived the Obama regime, you will certainly survive (and thrive in) the Trump presidency!
Wondering your age and profession. What do you expect this regime will do for you personally for where you are at in life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections