Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2017, 02:49 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,984,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You, and the people who agree with you, are of course entitled to your opinions.

Others disagree.
Why didn't you vote for Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 03:19 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,381,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I expect trump to do the same for me that all Presidents have done, clear back to Eisenhower: Ab. so. lute. ly. NOTHING!
I beg to differ... Eisenhower developed the highway system all across the country. This system has been a huge boon to our economy, as well as making it easier for travelers all through the years.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:29 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,512,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I beg to differ... Eisenhower developed the highway system all across the country. This system has been a huge boon to our economy, as well as making it easier for travelers all through the years.
Would that we could have Eisenhower back. Look how far this country has descended into the muck since then. And now we have the con man, know-nothing, and nonstop liar Trump - our very own national horror show.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:50 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Why didn't you vote for Trump?
I'm an Anyone But Hillary person. I don't live in a swing state. I live in Texas. I could decide to vote for someone else, or not vote for POTUS. Doesn't matter, Trump was still going to win in Texas. Did I hope someone else would get the nomination? Sure. Perhaps mostly, my grandfather looked for certain things in a POTUS...'traditional presidential bearing', etc. where Trump isn't necessarily a 'good fit'. Some other reasons as well. IF iI lived in a swing state?????? I don't know. I honestly don't know if I could have 'pulled the lever' for Trump or not. No matter my location, I would never vote for Hillary for any elected office. I won't breathe a sigh of relief until the envelopes from the electors are opened this coming Friday (the Constitution is silent about who is considered the PEOTUS and who is considered the VPEOTUS during this period between the electors casting their votes and the 'elector envelopes' being opened and counted). Once those envelopes have been opened, and those votes have been counted, the 'POTUS line of succession' is the same as after the inauguration (at least re POTUS and VPOTUS). I'm probably being paranoid, but to me the chance of Hillary becoming POTUS re this cycle won't be absolute zero until that moment. After that moment, Trump will have 100% delivered re the one thing I cared about...making sure Hillary didn't get elected POTUS in 2016. I must admit, I don't like the idea of Jared and Ivanka having offices in the West Wing. I didn't like it with Hillary, and the same goes for the spouse/child/in-law of any other POTUS....not just Bill.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:58 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Would that we could have Eisenhower back. Look how far this country has descended into the muck since then. And now we have the con man, know-nothing, and nonstop liar Trump - our very own national horror show.
It's going to be a long two years at least for you. Would you be any more comfortable with Pence as POTUS?

Old 01-01-2017, 04:08 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,377,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
So those HIRING illegals low ball under the table aren't also culpable for the situation?
Just checking if I have the narrative correct.
Of course they are, that's just another law that wasn't enforced by Obamas "justice" department. I have absolutely no problem with businesses who knowingly hire illegals being prosecuted along with illegals being jailed and/or deported.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:09 PM

22,484 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It's going to be a long two years at least for you. Would you be any more comfortable with Pence as POTUS?
^^^^Well said, RMESMH!

Hopefully, it will be a long 4 (hopefully!) 8 years for her

Good question re: Pence. All these anti-Trumps haven't thought that one through

Old 01-01-2017, 04:23 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,411,815 times
Reduce taxes on me to pay for benefits for which I will be ineligible.

Stop outsourcing of jobs, including ending H1B visas, and bring back jobs to America. It's ludicrous when manufacturing and engineering tasks are performed (badly) overseas.

Get rid of all illegals and secure the border with Mexico. (You can't run a country when 1 in 12 workers is not legally authorized to work here. Even Mexico recognizes that. Try actually buying a piece of land in Mexico and see what the amount of bureaucracy you have to crawl through.)

Stop the intrusion of the social justice warriors, liberal arts, financial paper shuffling in everything and recognize the value of blue collar skilled work, physical sciences, medicine, and engineering.

Last edited by Yuptag; 01-01-2017 at 04:33 PM..

Old 01-01-2017, 04:27 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,381,674 times
Quote:
Not a gd thing, except exacerbate partisan divisiveness, ruin our international alliances, jack up the debt to astronomical levels, let the r-wingnuts in Congress destroy our social safety nets, and further impoverish the blue collar worker while the top 1% get even MORE of our tax money.
Sooooo Correct !!!!!

Old 01-01-2017, 04:29 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Trump will push hard already has done more in 2 months than Obama has done for 8 years.

I hope HRC and here Cronies go to jail!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections