Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 06:26 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I already know he plans to eliminate the HOH filing status,so i expect my taxes to go up.

I can also expect to see my employer eliminating my health insurance.

I expect to see black people to be profiled by the police in my city.
Quote:
Republicans don't yet have a replacement plan. This is why GOP leaders are discussing a "replace and delay" option, which would keep the repeal from going into effect for a few years and buy time to figure out what's next.
Already, the potential uncertainty is creating jitters among insurance companies, and experts warn that if insurers pull out of the marketplace, premiums could spike and millions are at risk of losing coverage.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Republicans are eager to repeal the law but don't know what to do next.
"They have shown nothing in their ranting and raving that shows any level of knowledge of where they would go or where they would take this," Pelosi told reporters Monday, describing the GOP strategy of "repeal and delay" as "an act of cowardice."
Chen, the former Romney adviser, said it would be a "mistake" for the GOP to repeal Obamacare if there is no plan to replace it quickly. Cite:
Profiling is going to be a problem. They would come out better to simply do a "gang sweep" and seek ways to build laws against "Street Gangs", and label it as "Urban/Domestic Terrorist Organizations", but they will have to deal with all ethnic groups of Gangs, and that will include, groups like Neo Nazi, KKK and Alt Right. If the definition of "Urban/Domestic Terrorist Organizations" The problem is Steve O'Bannon will fight like heck, to try and keep his White Supremacist Groups from being listed, but it can't be a honest program without listing these white supremacist groups as "Urban/Domestic Terrorist Organizations". Does Trump have the guts and drive to include white groups within his cross hairs? Likely not, since he not only pandered to them, but relied on this for his campaign push. This can and hopefully it will fly back and slap him down if he tries to do anything without addressing and including the white supremacist in the target for eradication.
That means he will have to seize the guns from these white militant groups as well as he pursue Black, White, Hispanic and Asian gangs.
He'll have to go after all of them with the same zeal that he would use support the aim to curb violence. That includes taking the guns from the white anti government groups, KKK, Alt Right and every other kind of separatist group that does not abide by civil and social mandates for social and civic unity.

he can't do it, because he's paid his promise to the NRA and the Republican Fighters Against Gun Control. This would also mean, going after Gun Manufactures; (that would likely expose the gun makers for selling as many guns out the back door, as they sell out the front door).

America's biggest challenge to nation wide unity has always been the Confederate Minded Idealist, Since the cessation of the Civil War. They have jumped from one Party to the Next and currently settle within and is directly interwoven within the Republican System Ranks. Now, with a loose cannon like Trump, things could go wild and crazy at any time. He has his nut job O'Bannon whom is a direct solicitor of the Right Winger Racist Groups, and that is followed by the hard line Right Winger's he has placed into his position, including Jeff Sessions and others. A quick view of his Cabinet, does not represent anything even remotely close to a unity platform. He even chose the nut case Carson to be over HUD, and then went to Texas and got the imbecile Perry, and hunted down the Oil Man who play any side of the fence where he can chase profits over principles and remain void of values, except the chase of money at any expense.

By all visible imagery, the set up for the downfall of American has been Assembled, and every one is full of greed, bigotry, and interwoven with racist division and wealth class division. he's set the stage for a remake of the Confederacy, where there is the Wealthy, The Craftsman, Merchant and the Service Class (laborers). He has no concerns for anything more, he does not speak of the Senior Citizen, nor does he speak of the Children. He speaks about "money" and within that spin, anyone who is not in the working age group, is not of concern. Therefore, it means nothing to him to dismantle any and every social program he can get his hands around.
This is the same as pushing the War Button, but what he fails to grasp is, this will not be the war he imagined, because "The Poor" is made up of White, Black, and Other, Women, Children and Seniors. And people will find a way to unite when he comes at them with his aims of establishing a monarchy with a plutocratic agenda formation. The Poor, outnumber all others, and it takes the poor whites longer to awaken than it does others within the ranks of the poor, but at some point, poor whites will have their eyes forced open, by the devastation's Trump thrust upon them. It the exact same as it was with ACA, whites only came on board, when Jobs took away their medical and layoff raged like wild fire and they lost their insurance and the means to have a job pay for it, Only then did they awaken. The sad thing is, the minute President Obama stopped the Job losses, suddenly many whites ran right back to the other side, the minute when Jobs paid again said they'd pay a % of the health care. At some point, white people will find they must catch up and not be so slow to catch on and stop falling for the delusion that their skin tone will save them. It will not, not under a program that is determined to establish class division such as "Wealthy, The Craftsman, The Merchant and the Service Class (laborers). The Craftsman will be beholding to the wealthy, and the Merchant will be no more than a provider of Goods that belong to the wealthy, and the Service Class will have a mandate to service the aims and desires of the wealthy. Only then will many white people awaken. Some likely will still remain as the guardians of the wealthy.
Its not unlike the Civil War, when many poor whites gave their lives to protect the wealthy; there is today many who will give their lives and that of their children to protect the wealthy, all with a vain hope that their white skin will bring the wealthy to give them something. And all they've ever gotten was a carrot on a stick, with rubber band tied to it, to make it snap back faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 08:20 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,725,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDM View Post
I see so many posts from Trump supporters saying they can't wait for him to take office so things will change.

WITHOUT BASHING OBAMA, can you intelligently explain, with specific details, exactly what you expect from Trump and how you think those changes will directly effect YOUR life? What policies do you expect him to implement that will make your life better. You can compare and contrast with current policies of course, but please give a well written answer as to what you expect from the next 4 years, and how those things would only happen with Trump as President.

Thanks.

AND TRUMP HATERS: Please don't use this thread to bash Trump. I am seriously interested in what Trump supporters expect the next 4 years.

I expect the illegal day laborers that stand around in parking lots to vanish soon.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:43 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
Didn't vote for Trump. With that said interested to see if he can do a few thing's.

Reform taxes, do away with the income/estate, create corporation taxes that are fair, end taxes on marriages, and end certain tax loopholes.

End corruption of lobbyist and corporations in the Government.

Change Campaign finances.

Support the 2nd Ammendment.

Ensure everyone's equals rights are upheld by the Federal, State, and Local governments.

End Government subsidies and let the market drive businesses.

Protect natural resources and create new National Park's.

Expand care and reform care in regards to Mental Health in the US.

Reform education and the criminal justice system in the US.

Legalize marijuana.

Expand State power by doing away with various Federal Agencies.

Expand funding for NASA and Scientific Research.

Lower cost of higher education.

Fix Healthcare system. Make it inexpensive and increasingly available.

Fix housing market and lower rates. Increase availability of home loans for first time buyers.

Tarriffs on trade.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:42 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Legalize marijuana.
With Sessions as AG? He was cool with the KKK until he found out some of them smoke weed.
Sadly, ain't gonna happen.

Old 01-03-2017, 02:17 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,259,196 times
Leave me alone. Don't try to define me, don't try to tell me what's best for me, don't make up crap that I owe to other people whom I've never met and haven't done anything to. The current administration is guilty of all of the above, and although I didn't support Trump I think this is one area where I can count on him to do the right thing.

Old 01-03-2017, 02:23 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
I'm just hoping to survive the Trump regime.

Seriously---If we survived the Obama regime, you will certainly survive (and thrive in) the Trump presidency!

Old 01-03-2017, 02:25 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Didn't vote for Trump. With that said interested to see if he can do a few thing's.

Reform taxes, do away with the income/estate, create corporation taxes that are fair, end taxes on marriages, and end certain tax loopholes.

End corruption of lobbyist and corporations in the Government.

Change Campaign finances.

Support the 2nd Ammendment.

Ensure everyone's equals rights are upheld by the Federal, State, and Local governments.

End Government subsidies and let the market drive businesses.

Protect natural resources and create new National Park's.

Expand care and reform care in regards to Mental Health in the US.

Reform education and the criminal justice system in the US.

Legalize marijuana.

Expand State power by doing away with various Federal Agencies.

Expand funding for NASA and Scientific Research.

Lower cost of higher education.

Fix Healthcare system. Make it inexpensive and increasingly available.

Fix housing market and lower rates. Increase availability of home loans for first time buyers.

Tarriffs on trade.
I know you said you didn't vote for him, but I think you'll be disappointed on all of the bolded. He hasn't shown any indication that he is interested in doing any of those things.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:52 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,989,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Leave me alone. Don't try to define me, don't try to tell me what's best for me, don't make up crap that I owe to other people whom I've never met and haven't done anything to. The current administration is guilty of all of the above, and although I didn't support Trump I think this is one area where I can count on him to do the right thing.
He will be telling you what you can and can't say though....if he likes and agrees with it of course you can say it but on the flip sides well.....you CAN read so you know his thoughts and have read his tweets.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:05 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,922,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickerwortherer View Post
Perhaps a more vexing question would be. "What do you're expect trump to do TO you"...
I despise the man, and question the ability of people to think that he's anything but a grifter and a member of the lucky sperm club.

There is something out there, a disquiet that is gathering energy. Our grifter has far too many balls in the air to juggle, he's in for a rude awakening when he finds the Trump Brand of Baloney isn't selling any more.

Where are the crowds of entertainers willing to endorse his mission by performing at his inaugural?...finding anyone is like trying to catch the wind. I suspect that there may not be an inauguration as we expect, but some crass tweet saying inaugurations are for losers.

Either way time is short for Captain Kangaroo and Mr Green Jeans to get their act together...
I agree with your reframing of the question, this is about how we will be used, not what opportunities will be presented to us. However based upon the results of the last election it's certainly possible that the Trump cult will continue to believe every single word that comes out of his mouth or through Twitter, and will forgive every disaster that besets them in the coming years - after all he/they can always apply the pretzel logic of blaming it on Obama. That's because we are rapidly moving away from an age where facts and reason and critical thinking mattered. Once you toss those pre-requisites for modern society onto the ash heap of history, it's certainly possible that a con man like Trump could prevail in taking us back into the dark ages.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:21 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
Repair nearly a decade of damage done to the readiness of our Armed Forces under the watch of his predecessor. Use his majority in the House, and Senate to finally pass a darn budget on time, instead of an unending slew of Continuing Resolution, that while inconvenient to the majority of Federal agencies, are particularly damaging to military readiness. Raise the military end strength, and associated civilian support staff back to levels that allow the Armed Forces to actually have the ability to conduct their assigned missions. Get our Veterans the care they deserve. Stop targeting military retiree benefits as a first action to save dollars for other initiatives. Finally, stop using the military as a giant social experiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections