Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2017, 04:33 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,377,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Trump will push hard already has done more in 2 months than Obama has done for 8 years.

I hope HRC and here Cronies go to jail!
Trump hasn't done anything but take credit for things that were going to happen anyway.

Hillary has committed NO Crime and will NOT be going to jail.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 07:19 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,978,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'm an Anyone But Hillary person. I don't live in a swing state. I live in Texas. I could decide to vote for someone else, or not vote for POTUS. Doesn't matter, Trump was still going to win in Texas. Did I hope someone else would get the nomination? Sure. Perhaps mostly, my grandfather looked for certain things in a POTUS...'traditional presidential bearing', etc. where Trump isn't necessarily a 'good fit'. Some other reasons as well. IF iI lived in a swing state?????? I don't know. I honestly don't know if I could have 'pulled the lever' for Trump or not. No matter my location, I would never vote for Hillary for any elected office. I won't breathe a sigh of relief until the envelopes from the electors are opened this coming Friday (the Constitution is silent about who is considered the PEOTUS and who is considered the VPEOTUS during this period between the electors casting their votes and the 'elector envelopes' being opened and counted). Once those envelopes have been opened, and those votes have been counted, the 'POTUS line of succession' is the same as after the inauguration (at least re POTUS and VPOTUS). I'm probably being paranoid, but to me the chance of Hillary becoming POTUS re this cycle won't be absolute zero until that moment. After that moment, Trump will have 100% delivered re the one thing I cared about...making sure Hillary didn't get elected POTUS in 2016. I must admit, I don't like the idea of Jared and Ivanka having offices in the West Wing. I didn't like it with Hillary, and the same goes for the spouse/child/in-law of any other POTUS....not just Bill.
I don't get your very strong support of Trump now, after you didn't vote for him.

Sounds like a personal vendetta against Hillary, which many can relate to. Would another Democratic nominee have clinched it for you? Did you switch party affiliation or just not vote?

You do realize, in his own way, Trump is just as highly likely corrupt re: morals, ethics, and business dealings. You must really hate Hillary.

I guess it's which corrupt you'd rather back.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:28 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
I don't get your very strong support of Trump now, after you didn't vote for him.

Sounds like a personal vendetta against Hillary, which many can relate to. Would another Democratic nominee have clinched it for you? Did you switch party affiliation or just not vote?

You do realize, in his own way, Trump is just as highly likely corrupt re: morals, ethics, and business dealings. You must really hate Hillary.

I guess it's which corrupt you'd rather back.
I don't hate Hillary, but I know I didn't want her in the White House. I didn't want Trump there either, but the 2 parties saw to it that we had no choice. I think what shocked them was that Trump pulled it off.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:29 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Probably one who should be doing time in jail... that would be Hillary... career crooked politician...

Old 01-01-2017, 07:56 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It's going to be a long two years at least for you. Would you be any more comfortable with Pence as POTUS?
Interesting you say "two." Hopefully, you're thinking he'll be impeached by then??? We don't be that lucky.

It should be a long "x" years for any sane, intelligent, logical person who believes what comes out of a leader's mouth one minute should not be denied, deflected, and forgotten the next.

It should be a long "x" years for any sane, intelligent, logical person who believes that no one knows everything and that this country has elected a know-nothing, who is in fact a know-it-all - who believes that because he's "like, you know, a smart person" - he knows more than professionals who've been working in their areas for decades.

Truly "smart"leaders don't need to comment on how smart they are. They don't arrogantly believe they know more than anyone, and they don't boast of ignoring information.

INSTEAD, they take in all the information they can and use it to make INFORMED decisions.

To the extent Pence is at least sane - and I believe smart enough to "know" what he doesn't know - yes, in the long run I would be only a smidge more comfortable w/Pence. Although every utterance and policy is anathema to me, at least, for the most part, Pence is consistent in his beliefs. As it is, he'll be doing all the domestic policy work, anyway. His positions, all of which I am opposed to, will be rubber-stamped by Trump. Donny Jr told Pence before he was selected he'd be in charge of domestic policy. So, there you have it.

Trump, on the other hand, is transactional without any core beliefs. He won't halt r-wing aggression and overreach because he won't even recognize it. As I said, he'll be a rubber stamp.

I've come to the conclusion we have elected an megalomaniac - who would rather do the wrong thing to declare himself a winner than to DO RIGHT and possibly be considered a 'loser.'

Trump is extremely dangerous. His "petty and immature" tweets are just the tip of the YUGE iceberg of his lack of character, maturity and general "unfitness" which may very well rip the hull of this country to shreds.

I am 75 y/o and have never been so deeply concerned about a presidency until this one. Bush was stupid, but not evil. Cheney was pure evil, but Bush countered that to a degree.

Trump is not only stupid but, because he has no morals or core beliefs, he is also evil.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:02 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,377,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Interesting you say "two." Hopefully, you're thinking he'll be impeached by then??? We don't be that lucky.

It should be a long "x" years for any sane, intelligent, logical person who believes what comes out of a leader's mouth one minute should not be denied, deflected, and forgotten the next.

It should be a long "x" years for any sane, intelligent, logical person who believes that no one knows everything and that this country has elected a know-nothing, who is in fact a know-it-all - who believes that because he's "like, you know, a smart person" - he knows more than professionals who've been working in their areas for decades.

Truly "smart"leaders don't need to comment on how smart they are. They don't arrogantly believe they know more than anyone, and they don't boast of ignoring information.

INSTEAD, they take in all the information they can and use it to make INFORMED decisions.

To the extent Pence is at least sane - and I believe smart enough to "know" what he doesn't know - yes, in the long run I would be only a smidge more comfortable w/Pence. Although every utterance and policy is anathema to me, at least, for the most part, Pence is consistent in his beliefs. As it is, he'll be doing all the domestic policy work, anyway. His positions, all of which I am opposed to, will be rubber-stamped by Trump. Donny Jr told Pence before he was selected he'd be in charge of domestic policy. So, there you have it.

Trump, on the other hand, is transactional without any core beliefs. He won't halt r-wing aggression and overreach because he won't even recognize it. As I said, he'll be a rubber stamp.

I've come to the conclusion we have elected an megalomaniac - who would rather do the wrong thing to declare himself a winner than to DO RIGHT and possibly be considered a 'loser.'

Trump is extremely dangerous. His "petty and immature" tweets are just the tip of the YUGE iceberg of his lack of character, maturity and general "unfitness" which may very well rip the hull of this country to shreds.

I am 75 y/o and have never been so deeply concerned about a presidency until this one. Bush was stupid, but not evil. Cheney was pure evil, but Bush countered that to a degree.

Trump is not only stupid but, because he has no morals or core beliefs, he is also evil.
^^^^^^^^ This, All this - YES, YES, YES!!!

Old 01-02-2017, 07:00 AM

9,727 posts, read 14,271,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDM View Post
What policies do you expect him to implement that will make your life better.
ALL the policies he's outlined will make my life better, and I mean ALL! I am so overjoyed that the past 8 years are gone and we now have a common sense leader speaking for ALL Americans.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:18 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
"* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress; [unconstitutional]"

Please explain how a Constitutional Amendment, which deliberately modifies or adds to the basic Constitution, can be UNconstitutional, when it becomes part of the Constitution.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:24 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

Maybe I am just a youngster compared to you; I will be 70 this month. In my years I have watched as both Republicans an Democrats destroyed our Country. You are old enough to remember the politicians that took the stage and proclaimed American workers were the hardest, most productive, workers in the world. Times change and they changed when our politicians figured out that the little guy had little money! The politicians figured out, even though we elected them, that we do not have the funds to support them and their 'friends'.

You are worried about Trump? Look at what Obama did or did not do for America: Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract - Moneycontrol.com Or you can look at savings that most Americans do not have: Bad News: More Americans Have Less Than $1,000 in Savings Than Ever Before -- The Motley Fool. As far as moral or core belief's when was the last time Obama put America first? When was the last time Obama took the side of his police or anybody else trying to save our Country from ourselves?

The only thing that scares me is that Trump is not in office until the 20th. I wish that it came sooner!

Old 01-02-2017, 07:26 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I beg to differ... Eisenhower developed the highway system all across the country. This system has been a huge boon to our economy, as well as making it easier for travelers all through the years.
Yes, that was a great boon for the COUNTRY.
However, I carefully separated what the Presidents did for ME and what they did for the COUNTRY.
Apparently some don't see that.
Actually, the Eisenhower Highway System was intended primarily for military purposes. He got the idea soon after graduation from West Point, when he had to travel in a military convoy to Mexico, and when he was elected President he got the ball rolling to make things better. If it is really "better". Personally, I liked driving U.S. Highway 10 more than I do Interstate 90. Much more relaxed and scenic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections