Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 09:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The RNC is funding Moore's campaign and tonight tRump is holding a rally for him.

Moore is a 100% mainstream Pub now.

You can't make this up.

True, that. He has the full support of his Grand Old Pervert party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The conservative right supports party over ethics, morals, and Christian values.
Where are the family values?
That was always the biggest hypocrisy.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:12 PM

15,868 posts, read 14,501,899 times
There's no indictment here, or even hint of one coming. This is a something like 40 year old he's said / she's situation. There's no way to conclusively prove or refute it. It just depend on who the voters believe, or if they consider it of importance.

It would be fine for the voters of AL to consider this when the go into the voting booth. But if they do, and still elect him, the Senate has to live with it. Short of some criminal legal action against him, the Senate has no grounds to act. If the story had broken after he was elected, then possibly an argument could be made that he should be removed, since the voters couldn't have considered this. But it's out, and everyone in AL who's conscious knows about it. So the voters should decide.

BTW I consider this the same way with the whole Trump / Russia collusion situation. The fact that Russia seemed to be interfering in the election to push it in Trumps favor was out in public well before the election. So the voters had plenty of time to digest the information and decide if it was important to them. They decided, we see the results. It'd one, and time to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If the Senate leadership seats Roy Moore they are essentially saying they support welcoming a child molester into their ranks. Considering what has gone on over the last few months that's a dangerous stance for the GOP to take.

But go on, Republicans, show us who you are.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:46 PM

2,309 posts, read 903,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
There were other lawsuits. Below are two additional lawsuits

Lawsuit for Tump raping a 13 year old girl.
https://www.snopes.com/2016/06/23/do...-rape-lawsuit/

A different lawsuit against Trump: He groped a woman under a table in Mar-a-Lago, then did this, quote:
He pushed me up against the wall, and had his hands all over me and tried to get up my dress again,” Harth said, “and I had to physically say: ‘What are you doing? Stop it.’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...arth-interview
The first one was dropped when he got elected (proving my point) and the second one was a year old before the election when the allegations were going strong. What other current suits are going on today?

Old 12-09-2017, 09:49 PM

2,309 posts, read 903,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Sure. All the women are liars, and the men are innocent. Right-wing logic, I guess. All the world's climate scientists are sounding the alarm about climate change, but Fox News pundits (none of whom have any education in climate science) say it's not true and that's good enough for the right-wingers. Amazing.
Did I said all women are liers? All I'm saying is that I find it very suspicious when allegations start popping up when there's a whiff of a chance of a candidate winning only to all but disappear when he either wins or lose.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:55 PM

32,091 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
He will win, easy. Most of the stuff you hear from the MSM are lies. Anyway, haven't you folks heard this good old song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtBawH1HPR4
So are all the women who have come forward with his abuse liars? I don't think so. If he wins, the republican party is doomed. I have so many relatives in Alabama and they won't vote for him because they believe the women.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:02 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times
Dems are just trying to steal a seat, that is out of sync with their candidate.

Not going to happen.

Now I do think Moore loses to a different GOP candidate in the 2020 primary, and that Republican then takes over.

The last 5 polls show a solid lead for Moore.

Dems nominated a very liberal, out of sync candidate.

Dems should easily accept this loss, as they have had tons of practice losing the last decade.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:12 PM

32,091 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Dems are just trying to steal a seat, that is out of sync with their candidate.

Not going to happen.

Now I do think Moore loses to a different GOP candidate in the 2020 primary, and that Republican then takes over.

The last 5 polls show a solid lead for Moore.

Dems nominated a very liberal, out of sync candidate.

Dems should easily accept this loss, as they have had tons of practice losing the last decade.
I think you are going to see the movement of women taking over. Tired of sexual predators running our country. And this has nothing to do with politics.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:46 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,302,346 times
When all is said and done, I’ll be pleasantly surprised if Jones stays within 4-5% of Moore. Alabama is one of the very few states where a Roy Moore would have a shot of being nominated, let alone elected. As of the 2010 census, AL was only 59% urban as compared to GA at 75.1%. If Jones were facing Moore in GA he would have a decent shot, but GA would never have nominated a Moore in the first place. AL is a state with a relatively small percentage or urban voters and an overwhelming number of rural Christian Evangelicals, and not a high percentage of non-native borns. If and when demographics cause the Deep South to switch politically, it will likely start in GA, with AL or MS being the caboose.

It’s not just the out of state liberals opposing Roy Moore. The newspapers of AL.com, which covers the papers in Huntsville, Birmingham and Mobile are opposing him. Moore also has the opposition of AL Senior Senator Richard Shelby, who said that while he couldn’t vote for the Democrat, he couldn’t vote for Roy either. He said that “Alabama deserves better than Roy Moore.” To keep a clear conscience, he said he wrote in the name of “a prominent AL Republican.”

This is truly a case of damned if you do, or damned if you don’t for the National GOP. If by some miracle Doug Jones wins, they’re reduced to 51 seats in the Senate until the 2018 midterms and every R Senator has the ability to hold any bill hostage to get their way. If, as expected, Moore wins, every stupid, incendiary thing that Ol’ Roy utters will be cannon fodder for the Democrats in 2018. It won’t matter in Alabama or Mississippi, but in urban house districts outside of the Deep South where Trump is already unpopular, it’s just that much more water for R incumbents to carry.

Our view: Conservatives should consider Senator Shelby's example | AL.com

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...g-jones-288631

Edit

Last edited by Bureaucat; 12-10-2017 at 12:15 PM..

Old 12-10-2017, 12:38 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,302,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
When all is said and done, I’ll be pleasantly surprised if Jones stays within 4-5% of Moore. Alabama is one of the very few states where a Roy Moore would have a shot of being nominated, let alone elected. As of the 2010 census, AL was only 59% urban as compared to GA at 75.1%. If Jones were facing Moore in GA he would have a decent shot, but GA would never have nominated a Moore in the first place. AL is a state with a relatively small percentage or urban voters and an overwhelming number of rural Christian Evangelicals, and not a high percentage of non-native borns. If and when demographics cause the Deep South to switch politically, it will likely start in GA, with AL or MS being the caboose.

It’s not just the out of state liberals opposing Roy Moore. The newspapers of AL.com, which covers the papers in Huntsville, Birmingham and Mobile are opposing him. Moore also has the opposition of AL Senior Senator Richard Shelby, who said that while he couldn’t vote for the Democrat, he couldn’t vote for Roy either. He said that “Alabama deserves better than Roy Moore.” To keep a clear conscience, he said he wrote in the name of “a prominent AL Republican.”

This is truly a case of damned if you do, or damned if you don’t for the National GOP. If by some miracle Doug Jones wins, they’re reduced to 51 seats in the Senate until the 2018 midterms and every R Senator has the ability to hold any bill hostage to get their way. If, as expected, Moore wins, every stupid, incendiary thing that Ol’ Roy utters will be cannon fodder for the Democrats in 2018. It won’t matter in Alabama or Mississippi, but in urban house districts outside of the Deep South where Trump is already unpopular, it’s just that much more water for R incumbents to carry.

Our view: Conservatives should consider Senator Shelby's example | AL.com

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...g-jones-288631
It’s too late for me to add to this post, but there’s a poll out today that shows what’s really behind the Democrats willingly sacrificing John Conyers and Al Franken. According to an NBC News poll in November 2016 on Party ID, 44% of those surveyed identified as Democrats nationally with 42% identifying as Republicans for a 2% national D advantage, which roughly collates with the national popular vote. Using the same methodology today, the D advantage has risen from 2% to 7% with the D’s holding at 44% but the R’s falling 5% from 42 to 37%.

Within those numbers, the reason for the change is women. Women as a whole has dropped 5% in their Republican Party ID while white women have dropped 7%. White women shifted from 48-43% R a year ago to 46-41% D now, a 10% change. The real D target is younger college women and married white women in suburbia, and how they react nationally to the endorsement and embrace of Roy Moore by Donald Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/tr...ection-n828141

Last edited by Bureaucat; 12-10-2017 at 12:49 PM..

Old 12-10-2017, 01:20 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
. The real D target is younger college women and married white women in suburbia, and how they react nationally to the endorsement and embrace of Roy Moore by Donald Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/tr...ection-n828141
In 11 months, Moore, a seated Senator, is a non issue, as reports have indicated 3 dozen more of the 535, across both parties, will be the next Frankens, Conyers, etc.

We will also see many dozen more prominent (past and present) ex Hollywood types, Dustin Hoffman being the latest.

I suspect the 2018 electorate will be even more hard-core than ever, demographics deeply favoring the GOP. Young women are casual voters, who show up for POTUS, not much else. Millennials in general are apolitical, viewing both parties as diseases.

Plus the overwhelming feature every year is the map. A beautiful one for GOP in 2018. GOP dodged a bad map, in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections